Ha! Took me 22 months to get a cheque payment.

Yeah. Just looked at the old account balances. The first payment took more than half a year, but that was also due to my low number of images and my lack of knowledge about what would sell. It improved quite a bit later on in good periods,The 60% contributor payment also helped.

I got an email from Alamy confirming the change in payment threshold:

Hello Matthew

We'd like to pay you more frequently so we're changing the minimum payment threshold from $75 to $50. You don't need to do anything, the changes

will take effect from the next pay run.

Get in touch with our Contributor Relations team if you have any questions.

No email here but I am sat on about $63 and will be paid on 1st Dec 2016.

Perhaps Alamy were making too much interest on payments in holding account and tax man became interested. ;)

Only joking Alamy.

Allan

The cynical outlook is that with the lowering of the payment threshold to $50 are we to expect even lower sales prices? I wouldn't see that our Alamy would do this to increase their own work load. But then I guess little and often shouldn't be sniffed at!!

Jim. ;)    

The cynical outlook is that with the lowering of the payment threshold to $50 are we to expect even lower sales prices? I wouldn't see that our Alamy would do this to increase their own work load. But then I guess little and often shouldn't be sniffed at!!

Jim. ;)

I share your cynicism. Historically that has indeed been the case. A lower payment threshold has been the precursor for lower prices.

Welcome news, but I can't see why any cleared payments aren't paid out at the end of every month, no matter how small, especially if payment is via bank transfer which doesn't cost either Alamy or ourselves.

John.

Mine says $58.28, but no mention of payment yet.

On your dashboard where it says"Current Cleared Balance: $58.28" it should also read "We'll pay you on 01 Dec 2016"

Allan

Jim. ;)

I share your cynicism. Historically that has indeed been the case. A lower payment threshold has been the precursor for lower prices.

On the positive side it suggests Alamy are quite happy with their cashflow/balance at the moment.

Since I'm 98 cents short of $75 at the moment, happy to see the change moves my next payout to December 1. 

Sorry that it may be a reflection of lower prices, but it could also mean they are carrying more debt with all the new first-time contributors who have joined this year. 

In any event, it works out for me this month so I have to  B)

Archived