Curious to know how many images you upload a month.  I know some just do a few, some several hundreds.  Looking back at the past two months, March and April up to right now, March - 137, April, to date - 113.  In spite of twice recently going a week between upload and approval. I'm pushing for 5,000, and I've got nearly 800 to go! With what I'm averaging, that will take me 6 1/2-7 months, and if I go to jail, longer.

100-150 seems to be just about my limit.  I don't batch process, I don't apply any set adjustments when I upload to LR.  Each image is developed one by one.  I really don't know how to do it any other way.  It seems each image can't use the same settings as the others.

What's your upload average?

Average of 88/month since I started. But I've had long upload-free periods so the average for uploading months is probably double that, so you're not far off.

I do use LR presets and they save a lot of time. Most of my images don't get more than a minute's attention in processing- keywording takes much longer by far.

I recently keyworded about 90 images in a day- they were archival so there was a lot of batching, but of course they had to be scanned (or rather Illumitranned) and spotted, so the work was at the other end.

Hard to have an average as I go long periods of no uploads as don't have a lot of time for photography specific outings.  Winter is usually quiet for me. Haven't uploaded since mid-December, but as I get out this spring and summer, will shoot and upload more.  Trying to avoid just shooting and uploading for the sake of numbers. 

Jill

Far fewer than 100 although I'd love to be able to make that my goal for months when I don't have several assignments to complete first. Most of my assignments are local and not something where I'll get outtakes for stock. I'm working on reaching 1,000 photos online here - I just hit 900 this month - so I'm way behind you. I've uploaded 77 photos so far this year here, many of the same images have gone to other traditional agencies as well as a handful to POD sites - my best month was January with 38 images, which I processed and uploaded in a few days. No uploads at all in February. 

I guess my realistic goal for this year is to average 50 images a month which will get me to somewhere around 1,500 images by 2017. I have a large backload of unprocessed images I'd like to get online. Like you, Betty, I don't do a lot of batch processing except if I'm shooting for live news and have a series of similar images, but even then I'll usually go in and tweak each one before uploading to get the best. Like space cadet and Jill, I have busy months where I don't upload anything at all. I'd love to be able to do 100-150 a month. IMHO you should feel good about your numbers. 

30 so far for April so I should hit my target. 

I uploaded 157 in March but that was going some.

For me, photography has to fit around the day job, a young family and the weather.. so it tends to be more a case of shooting what appears before me when opportunities present rather than me going out looking for opportunities.

In the last couple of months (March and so far this month), I've been "dragged" into London by my wife so that she can meet up with friends (I drive, she doesn't and the train is expensive) and I've left her doing her thing with her friends and gone and taken photos..I don't get such opportunities all the time though so I think March will be the exception rather than the norm.

My target is 100 a month, and if I'm actively going out shooting, that's about right. It keeps me busier than I'd like, and I have to ignore things I should be doing. I still cook well, get the laundry done, but once in awhile the dust bunnies chase me around the house. I'm saving money because I'm at the computer rather than at the mall shopping.

If I worked photography and Alamy around the rest of my life, I'd be doing about 10 a week.

I've averaged more uploads recently because I've been clearing my desktop of unprocessed images. I recently found a 2 year old unprocessed folder!

It's Spring, and I have so much planting and yard work to do that it defeats me. I just need to take a week off from photos and...just...do...it.

Philippe, do you ever sleep? I can't fathom that many images a month. That's a 7 month total for me.

My target is 100 a month as I push towards 2000.    But other journalism and editing a magazine can bring that down to fewer than 30.   I am amazed at anyone who can shoot 100 good images a week.

Very variable depending on if I have been away, when it can be 200+/mth, but if at home then 20-40/mth. 

No main aims these days - just taking and uploading what I actually like  

Kumar

The last 3 years I have averaged 90-100 images a month.

I've got a backlog of images that need processing but i haven't got the time as I run an architectural design business as well as the photography.

John.

I lack the imagination to go to the same places daily and come back with lots of different images. I lack the props and artistic mind to create unique images in the studio. Therefore it's probably no great surprise that I only upload maybe 20-30 or so each month. Like you Betty each image is individually processed.

Looking at the raw data, I was a bit optimistic saying 80 a month. I've actually averaged 67 per month so far this year. We had a very soggy winter here in Vancouver, though, and I prefer to shoot outdoors. Now that spring has sprung, I should hopefully be able to be a bit more prolific. I try to make one submission of 14-24 of new images every week.

I've averaged about 100 a month since I joined Alamy in January 2014 but the actual figures can vary from a handful in the winter months to nearer 200 in the warmer summer months.  What I'm not doing is building any backlog to even the upload flow between winter and summer.  I need to get into the habit of taking more than my immediate needs to give me something to work with during the colder months.

I'm lucky to load about a hundred a year but with Alamy's numbers rocketing up so quickly It's getting really hard to resist uploading up a pile of similars. I usually try to keep those to a landscape and portrait version of the shot but sometimes I just feel like 'backing up the truck' and dumping a couple of hundred a month just to keep up. 

Steve

Not very constant and always depends on real life obligations for family and work

Oct: ~260

Nov: ~400

Dec: 0 

Jan: ~60

Feb: ~30

Mar: ~300

April to-date: ~200

around 1250 total with some in the queue still to be key worded

so average somewhere around the 170 mark

My goal for Dec 31st, 2016 is to crack the 2,000 mark. 

If I sustain that average, this should be possible easily.  

Betty, my historical average is 117/month.

I have 13634 images in Dreamstime that I uploaded since 2005.

I found the keywording in Alamy easier because of the batch tool so I am being able to upload much more here.

I always try to send something everyday, a bit in the morning and a bit at night, takes some discipline, but I have a huge backlog and I want to go through it.

I process them in photoshop.

I usually do a batch at a time, so some adjustments that are the same I select and do for all together, like remove chromatic aberration and lens distortion,.

Than I go one by one and adjust everything and process them altogether.

Its way faster than doing one by one alone.

Average 40 a month since I started, which includes downtime when either I or the computer was in the shop.

edit: ...or busy with writing and various household projects.

Being basically a travel photographer my uploads are clearly linked to the amount of travels I do. In average, I upload some 1,000 photos per year (last year I got my all time record with nearly 1,600 images uploaded). At the end of the story, I do my best to select carefully the images I upload and also I do my best to have a good keywords work. An attractive/interesting photo with successful and right keywords are the secret for selling it.

Archived