How was your May 2015?

How was your May 2015? I had a record breaking month!

Record number of sales - 13

Record highest sale - $1174

Record monthly revenue - $1685

Record 5 sales in a day

Lowest $9.96 highest $1173.99  :o

This was after a good month in April too.

Long may it continue!!  :)

John.

Started badly with a $52 refund, then nothing till the 27th when 4 sales dropped in.  1 each on the 28th and 29th to give a total of 6 for the month - 2 distributor - and a gross of $79 after deducting the refund.  Enough cleared to give a June payout and 17 zooms in total.  

Strange month for me!

0 sales :( 2000 images roughly

7 zooms (one of which was a zoom initially then a search by ID)

one "infringement sale" $45 Net. - Im classing that as a sale.

So far this year is my best!

It's very frustrating when I read through threads like this and compare how well the majority are doing compared to myself. I have 2600 images now and so far this year I have had just 3 sales, 2 which were for tiny amounts. I know my standard of photos is high, espeiclally since I did a clear-out of poorer old photos a few months ago. My keywording is good and I spend a lot of time perfecting it and often making adjustments. My ranking seems pretty good as with the majority of searches I do I see at least one of my own photos on the first page, and even in the top 2 or 3 lines despite sometimes being thousands of results. If there are 20 or less pages (90 per page) I will usually be on the first page somewhere. I also wonder how some images I see sell at all as many appearing above mine are so poor, badly lit, poor composition, awful titles and keywords, etc., as if no effort has been made. Obviously many of you have far more images than me for sale and many have more variery, but I often see those with 3000 or less state that they've sold several in a month, and I wonder what I could possibly be doing wrong.

Sorry for the moan!  :)   It isn't aimed at anyone of course - I'm just frustrated by the huge amount of time I have put into this over the past 5 years for so few sales (16 in total). My first sale was my highest, grossing around US$260. Nothing else has come close to that.

You could try the pseudo game.

Take a look at what you have and edit the best into a collection. Ensure all the keywords are accurate and fit the image. It might take a few months for things to adjust but I suspect that you might find a difference.

Oh, and I had three sales which for me, who doesn't put a lot into here, is not bad!

45 for  $1540 ($34/licence)

24 of those came in the last 3 days of the month when all the newspapers put in their purchases

In addition, lots of refunds also this month, some from sales this month and some from sales in previous months  :(

Interestingly, c/w the same time last year and 12% more images and a better BHZrank; views are 11% down and zooms are 4% down, but sales numbers are up 37% and gross income is up by 9%   :)

No stockimo sales with nearly 300 on sale 

Kumar

It's very frustrating when I read through threads like this and compare how well the majority are doing compared to myself. I have 2600 images now and so far this year I have had just 3 sales, 2 which were for tiny amounts. I know my standard of photos is high, espeiclally since I did a clear-out of poorer old photos a few months ago. My keywording is good and I spend a lot of time perfecting it and often making adjustments. My ranking seems pretty good as with the majority of searches I do I see at least one of my own photos on the first page, and even in the top 2 or 3 lines despite sometimes being thousands of results. If there are 20 or less pages (90 per page) I will usually be on the first page somewhere. I also wonder how some images I see sell at all as many appearing above mine are so poor, badly lit, poor composition, awful titles and keywords, etc., as if no effort has been made. Obviously many of you have far more images than me for sale and many have more variery, but I often see those with 3000 or less state that they've sold several in a month, and I wonder what I could possibly be doing wrong.

Sorry for the moan!  :)   It isn't aimed at anyone of course - I'm just frustrated by the huge amount of time I have put into this over the past 5 years for so few sales (16 in total). My first sale was my highest, grossing around US$260. Nothing else has come close to that.

GS-Images - Why dont you put in a request for general advice from the other contributors in the "About pictures" forum?

Kumar

Archived