How was your May 2015?

3 sales for a gross of $49 amounts to a poor month really. It's a little depressing when you work hard at adding images to see sales remain indifferent. This is the rebound to last month which was a BME. I retired from my full time employment in May and had hoped to increase my input here, but there's little incentive at $50 a month, poor views and zooms. I'll stick at it though for the meantime. I'd like to hit 4000 images before the years end and see how things are then. Then I'll maybe start selling selfie sticks. lol  :D

May was a strange one. No sales at all until the last ten days of the month, but I ended up with six for $373, which could have been worse. Two $15 "presentation" licenses brought the average price per image down. Zooms also picked up toward the end of the month.

As noted in another thread, distributor sales are becoming increasingly rare (none at all last month) for me. Still not sure why this is.  

2015 has been a bumpy ride so far.

A happy bunny....8 for $1458 gross.

Looking through my Alamy measures reveals to me that people aren't captioning/keywording properly. Hence their images not appearing in searches when I know that I'm not the only one with the subject matter being searched for.   Do your research !

Considering how few sales I've had since joining, I'd have to consider my one sale in May to qualify that as a good month, though I'd surely like the sales to become a bit more frequent.  I can say that other than a novel use sale I had before opting out, my average gross sale seems a good bit higher than most members' so I'm at least pleased with that.  This sale grossed $149.  Maybe next month my ship will come in.  B)

Archived