Positive Results 2022

17 hours ago, Reimar said:

Remember all those crappy Neuvo Vallarta Mexico image sales for pennies I complained about last year?  Well I just got a sale for a NV image used in a ad campaign: $2210/884.

I think that is my highest sale on Alamy, ever.  Wouldn't it be nice if those came along every year?

This is what we need to keep in mind with Alamy - there is always the chance of catching a big one. Other places there isn't.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Reimar said:

Remember all those crappy Neuvo Vallarta Mexico image sales for pennies I complained about last year?  Well I just got a sale for a NV image used in a ad campaign: $2210/884.

I think that is my highest sale on Alamy, ever.  Wouldn't it be nice if those came along every year?

Congratulations Reimar.

Allan

5 hours ago, Reimar said:

Excellent news Reimar! Congrats!

Kumar

Yes, that was a typo.  It should be Nuevo.  It's an aerial view of the golf course, sold in the UK.

Thanks for the congratulations.  Now if that gets refunded I'm going to sue for cruel and unusual punishment 😀

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Reimar said:

Yes, that was a typo.  It should be Nuevo.  It's an aerial view of the golf course, sold in the UK.

Thanks for the congratulations.  Now if that gets refunded I'm going to sue for cruel and unusual punishment 😀

I'd take it to The Hague if that happens.

Good luck. Fingers crossed... 🤞

Edited by John Mitchell

55 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

A couple of small sales this weekend has dragged my gross sales, since starting here at Alamy in 2005, over the $200,000 threshold!  I seriously doubt I will see the $300,000 mark but that would be nice.

Alamy

congratulations.  great job.

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

A couple of small sales this weekend has dragged my gross sales, since starting here at Alamy in 2005, over the $200,000 threshold!  I seriously doubt I will see the $300,000 mark but that would be nice.

Alamy

Huge congrats Michael - its becoming much more difficult to achieve anything like this these days!

Kumar

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Alamy

Your post prompted me to check mine. I realised I passed the $40,000 milestone sometime. That’s in 5 years, but the first year was almost negligible.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Your post prompted me to check mine. I realised I passed the $40,000 milestone sometime. That’s in 5 years, but the first year was almost negligible.

Not bad. It has taken me over 13 years to reach roughly $95K.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Alamy

Nicely done.  You started about the same time as me, and in spite of fewer images, you've beat me with sales.  I'm only at 141,000

You should be pleased.  In another 10 years you'll hit 300,000 -  you watch.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Alamy

Very well deserved Michael, you worked hard for it. I am far far behind you, i can only dream.

Thanks everyone! It is a nice milestone.  We all work hard and I have so much respect for all of you.  I think geography plays the biggest role sometimes.  I have been lucky to work around the DC area where the demand for images is still somewhat strong.  Though I have to admit, for obvious reasons, I am just not as inspired to create new stock, like I once did.  Not giving up but just not working as hard as I use to.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Reimar said:

Nicely done.  You started about the same time as me, and in spite of fewer images, you've beat me with sales.  I'm only at 141,000

You should be pleased.  In another 10 years you'll hit 300,000 -  you watch.

That's very good, Reimar. I remember that you regularly used to report monthly gross earnings well over $1K. I joined in 2003 but didn't send my first submission (via DVD) until mid-2007. I didn't start seeing regular sales until 2008. Consequently, I more or less missed the halcyon days, even though prices were still good when I began.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Thanks everyone! It is a nice milestone.  We all work hard and I have so much respect for all of you.  I think geography plays the biggest role sometimes.  I have been lucky to work around the DC area where the demand for images is still somewhat strong.  Though I have to admit, for obvious reasons, I am just not as inspired to create new stock, like I once did.  Not giving up but just not working as hard as I use to.

I think being a great photographer plays a bigger roles in your success Michael ( especially with a relatively small collection - compared with me anyway! )

Congratulations and Well Done!! 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I think being a great photographer plays a bigger roles in your success Michael ( especially with a relatively small collection - compared with me anyway! )

Congratulations and Well Done!! 

Thanks.  I think what I also should have mentioned, is that having U.S. and DC centric images, sell well in the U.S. where the fees are better and so it is a bit easier (or less difficult) to meet these milestones.

• Love 1
  • Like 5