Positive Results 2022

I had three sales in the month of April all in double figures, the last one high double figures. This breaks a long trend of typically 1-3 sales in a month that were all low single figures some less even than a dollar. I am due to go travelling soon so the "lift" regarding what I get from my portfolio on here has come at a good time to motivate me. It also restores my hopes of not being punted into the lowest earning structure and then being stuck in that infinite loop... but we will see.

• Like 3

On 24/04/2022 at 13:15, Michael Ventura said:

A couple of small sales this weekend has dragged my gross sales, since starting here at Alamy in 2005, over the $200,000 threshold!  I seriously doubt I will see the $300,000 mark but that would be nice.

Alamy

Many congratulations. A huge achievement.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Just when I thought that I may have been tweaked into oblivion this month, my best sale of the year ($200+) was invoiced today.

There are still some pleasant surprises out there. 🙃

That's great John!  I bet I am not the only one who had to go check his/her sales summary right away.  No such fortune for me today.  I'll check the "slot machines" tomorrow, maybe a last day of the month sale(s) will come in!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

That's great John!  I bet I am not the only one who had to go check his/her sales summary right away.  No such fortune for me today.  I'll check the "slot machines" tomorrow, maybe a last day of the month sale(s) will come in!!

Best of luck. May has been the worst month of the year for sales (but not prices thankfully), so I too am hoping for a few more last-minute stragglers.

• Love 1

May will be my highest grossing month of 2022, and the year as a whole hasn't been bad. If I look at my dashboard graph I've already overtaken 2019 and approaching 2020's total in sales volume, but if I change that to revenue it's just about level with 2017. I think that still counts as a positive, baring in mind that we're only five months in.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Steve F said:

I just had a $144 sale, a great surprise for the weekend!! Also had a $75 sale this month. Things are looking up 😀

Jolly well done Steve!

• Thanks 1

Eleven months and five days since it was published (July 2021) an image used by Bauer finally came through as a sale.

It should take me the same time to work out how to spend my 0.XX cents on.

The licence is of course in perpetuity - the start date June 2022 (immaterial in overall context but I hate the wrong start dates)

Simply glad it's sorted from a point of principle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nodvandigtid said:

Eleven months and five days since it was published (July 2021) an image used by Bauer finally came through as a sale.

The licence is of course in perpetuity - the start date June 2022 (immaterial in overall context but I hate the wrong start dates)

Ah... so this is what passes for good news in 2022...  😕

18 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Ah... so this is what passes for good news in 2022...  😕

I view it as a positive result (the title of the thread) John, in that a huge, wealthy media conglomerate hasn't got away without paying up .

Sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations under thread content but not everyone is inclined to flag up the odd xxx$ sale.

Oh and don't forget the sarcasm in my original post please.

Best.     

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Nodvandigtid said:

Clear infringement that they used the image for 11 months without a valid licence.  The issue is that if you contact the Contributor Support (sic!) they will undermine any claim by going to the client to change the date.  Again we need the promised direct contact with the Infringement team (that will also be a "Positive Result") 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nodvandigtid said:

I view it as a positive result (the title of the thread) John, in that a huge, wealthy media conglomerate hasn't got away without paying up .

Sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations under thread content but not everyone is inclined to flag up the odd xxx$ sale.

Oh and don't forget the sarcasm in my original post please.

Best.     

Apologies. Now we've established what a positive result is... can I report that I've just had a piece of toast. No jam, though... times are hard...  😀

Four sales so far this month, a bit above average for me and if I've done my maths right I'm just above the 80/20 threshold for next year's royalties.

OTOH my zooms are heading back towards the floor after a surprising May, but my CTR has almost always been dismally low and hasn't seemed to affect sales too much.

• Like 1

Pleased with Alamy staff for negotiating two gross fees reported today:

1) an infringement that I reported for $250 ( web use)  - apparently they were very rude about being caught!

2) a late payment for $175 ( increase on top of unknown original fee for book use )

Thanks😃

• Love 3
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Pleased with Alamy staff for negotiating two gross fees reported today:

1) an infringement that I reported for $250 ( web use)  - apparently they were very rude about being caught!

2) a late payment for $175 ( increase on top of unknown original fee for book use )

Thanks😃

That’s great! I hope Alamy really ramps up chasing infringements!  Up until recently, Its been an untapped source of income, a win for everyone! And it’s the right thing to do!

• Love 1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

That’s great! I hope Alamy really ramps up chasing infringements!  Up until recently, Its been an untapped source of income, a win for everyone! And it’s the right thing to do!

I have been impressed so far. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1