Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Reimar said:

Nicely done.  You started about the same time as me, and in spite of fewer images, you've beat me with sales.  I'm only at 141,000

You should be pleased.  In another 10 years you'll hit 300,000 -  you watch.

 

That's very good, Reimar. I remember that you regularly used to report monthly gross earnings well over $1K. I joined in 2003 but didn't send my first submission (via DVD) until mid-2007. I didn't start seeing regular sales until 2008. Consequently, I more or less missed the halcyon days, even though prices were still good when I began.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Thanks everyone! It is a nice milestone.  We all work hard and I have so much respect for all of you.  I think geography plays the biggest role sometimes.  I have been lucky to work around the DC area where the demand for images is still somewhat strong.  Though I have to admit, for obvious reasons, I am just not as inspired to create new stock, like I once did.  Not giving up but just not working as hard as I use to.

 

 

I think being a great photographer plays a bigger roles in your success Michael ( especially with a relatively small collection - compared with me anyway! )

 

Congratulations and Well Done!! 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I think being a great photographer plays a bigger roles in your success Michael ( especially with a relatively small collection - compared with me anyway! )

 

Congratulations and Well Done!! 

 

Thanks.  I think what I also should have mentioned, is that having U.S. and DC centric images, sell well in the U.S. where the fees are better and so it is a bit easier (or less difficult) to meet these milestones.

  • Love 1
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had three sales in the month of April all in double figures, the last one high double figures. This breaks a long trend of typically 1-3 sales in a month that were all low single figures some less even than a dollar. I am due to go travelling soon so the "lift" regarding what I get from my portfolio on here has come at a good time to motivate me. It also restores my hopes of not being punted into the lowest earning structure and then being stuck in that infinite loop... but we will see.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my account balance I found other income of 72 usd  infringement. Nice - I didnt initiate the process, none of my pics is flagged as exclusive to Alamy.

  • Love 1
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/04/2022 at 13:15, Michael Ventura said:

A couple of small sales this weekend has dragged my gross sales, since starting here at Alamy in 2005, over the $200,000 threshold!  I seriously doubt I will see the $300,000 mark but that would be nice.

Alamy

Many congratulations. A huge achievement.

  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Just when I thought that I may have been tweaked into oblivion this month, my best sale of the year ($200+) was invoiced today.

 

There are still some pleasant surprises out there. 🙃

  • Love 3
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Just when I thought that I may have been tweaked into oblivion this month, my best sale of the year ($200+) was invoiced today.

 

There are still some pleasant surprises out there. 🙃

 

That's great John!  I bet I am not the only one who had to go check his/her sales summary right away.  No such fortune for me today.  I'll check the "slot machines" tomorrow, maybe a last day of the month sale(s) will come in!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

 

That's great John!  I bet I am not the only one who had to go check his/her sales summary right away.  No such fortune for me today.  I'll check the "slot machines" tomorrow, maybe a last day of the month sale(s) will come in!!

 

Best of luck. May has been the worst month of the year for sales (but not prices thankfully), so I too am hoping for a few more last-minute stragglers.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

May will be my highest grossing month of 2022, and the year as a whole hasn't been bad. If I look at my dashboard graph I've already overtaken 2019 and approaching 2020's total in sales volume, but if I change that to revenue it's just about level with 2017. I think that still counts as a positive, baring in mind that we're only five months in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Had a $170 sale for a book cover the other day - not refunded so hopefully it will stick.

 

John.

  • Love 1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just had a $144 direct sale, a great surprise for the weekend!! Also had a $75 sale this month. Things are looking up 😀

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 3
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Steve F said:

I just had a $144 sale, a great surprise for the weekend!! Also had a $75 sale this month. Things are looking up 😀

 

Jolly well done Steve!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eleven months and five days since it was published (July 2021) an image used by Bauer finally came through as a sale.

It should take me the same time to work out how to spend my 0.XX cents on.

The licence is of course in perpetuity - the start date June 2022 (immaterial in overall context but I hate the wrong start dates)

 

Simply glad it's sorted from a point of principle. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nodvandigtid said:

Eleven months and five days since it was published (July 2021) an image used by Bauer finally came through as a sale.

It should take me the same time to work out how to spend my 0.XX cents on.

The licence is of course in perpetuity - the start date June 2022 (immaterial in overall context but I hate the wrong start dates)

 

Simply glad it's sorted from a point of principle. 

 

Ah... so this is what passes for good news in 2022...  😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

 

Ah... so this is what passes for good news in 2022...  😕

I view it as a positive result (the title of the thread) John, in that a huge, wealthy media conglomerate hasn't got away without paying up .

Sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations under thread content but not everyone is inclined to flag up the odd xxx$ sale.

Oh and don't forget the sarcasm in my original post please.

Best.     

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Nodvandigtid said:

Eleven months and five days since it was published (July 2021) an image used by Bauer finally came through as a sale.

It should take me the same time to work out how to spend my 0.XX cents on.

The licence is of course in perpetuity - the start date June 2022 (immaterial in overall context but I hate the wrong start dates)

 

Simply glad it's sorted from a point of principle. 

 

Clear infringement that they used the image for 11 months without a valid licence.  The issue is that if you contact the Contributor Support (sic!) they will undermine any claim by going to the client to change the date.  Again we need the promised direct contact with the Infringement team (that will also be a "Positive Result") 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nodvandigtid said:

I view it as a positive result (the title of the thread) John, in that a huge, wealthy media conglomerate hasn't got away without paying up .

Sorry if it doesn't meet your expectations under thread content but not everyone is inclined to flag up the odd xxx$ sale.

Oh and don't forget the sarcasm in my original post please.

Best.     

 

Apologies. Now we've established what a positive result is... can I report that I've just had a piece of toast. No jam, though... times are hard...  😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Four sales so far this month, a bit above average for me and if I've done my maths right I'm just above the 80/20 threshold for next year's royalties.

 

OTOH my zooms are heading back towards the floor after a surprising May, but my CTR has almost always been dismally low and hasn't seemed to affect sales too much.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.