Images sold in December 2021

pint-of-ghost-ship-citrus-pale-ale-beer-

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 18 December 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

12.86 -7.72

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

pint-of-ghost-ship-citrus-pale-ale-beer-

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 18 December 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

12.86 -7.72

Not many food miles on that one then.

My first astro shot sale. Pleasantly surprised.

I was camping in the Bush, not expecting anything, when the Milky Way framed itself nicely in between trees. I also have a timelapse of it. It was so unexpected that I had no time to figure out how to use my intervalometer again and manually counted aloud 1-2-3-4-5 one hundred and ninety five times. My OH fell asleep.

The price is also nice, high $$ for US TV.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Corporate client. Television Broadcast. Any size. Any placement.  Documentary & entertainment use across all broadcast media, worldwide distribution. Single use in one episode.

PFFEW1.jpg

As to illustrate the highs and lows of Alamy, my second sale today was a UK Presentation.

CN0F5C.jpg 

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

Varenna, Italy, I've never rated this photo, but it has sold a couple of times for decent money, shows what I know about customer appeal !  

BEA5D7.jpg

$97 Country: United States ; Usage: Direct mail and brochures ;  Media: Travel brochures ;  Industry Sector: Travel & tourism ;  Print run: up to 100,000 ;  Placement: Inside ; 

Start: 01-January-2022 ; End: 01-January-2023 ; Additional Details: Rights include PDF of printed material and PDF icon on client website as well as itinerary sponsors’ website.

Relicense

Pleasant surprise this morning. Over mid $$.

Just need three more sales before year end to top last years total. Revenue this year almost double that of last year; I am quietly optimistic.

Happy Christmas everyone. 🥂 🎅  🎄

Usage: Magazine, editorial print and digital use, cover and/or inside, repeat use within a single issue
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 20 December 2021
End: 20 December 2023

montezumas-chocolate-and-confectionery-shop-brushfield-street-spitalfields-london-england-uk-2AK7F86.jpg

• Love 4

22 hours ago, gvallee said:

My first astro shot sale. Pleasantly surprised.

I was camping in the Bush, not expecting anything, when the Milky Way framed itself nicely in between trees. I also have a timelapse of it. It was so unexpected that I had no time to figure out how to use my intervalometer again and manually counted aloud 1-2-3-4-5 one hundred and ninety five times. My OH fell asleep.

The price is also nice, high $$ for US TV.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Corporate client. Television Broadcast. Any size. Any placement.  Documentary & entertainment use across all broadcast media, worldwide distribution. Single use in one episode.

PFFEW1.jpg

As to illustrate the highs and lows of Alamy, my second sale today was a UK Presentation.

CN0F5C.jpg 

I do like astro photos. I believe the best time for doing it here in the UK is between mid April and mid July. Biggest problem is finding somewhere reasonably free from light pollution. That's probably not such a problem for you, I guess you see some awesome night sky's on your travels.

I'll give it a try in the New Year, just need to do a bit of research to find suitable locations.

Happy Christmas.🥂 

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, Dave Richards said:

I do like astro photos. I believe the best time for doing it here in the UK is between mid April and mid July. Biggest problem is finding somewhere reasonably free from light pollution. That's probably not such a problem for you, I guess you see some awesome night sky's on your travels.

I'll give it a try in the New Year, just need to do a bit of research to find suitable locations.

Happy Christmas.🥂 

I guess the main issue in the UK, in addition to light pollution, is the cloud cover. I camp a lot in the Outback very far from the beaten track and Australia has big skies, so it's a lot easier. Even though, the weather does not always cooperate. I will always remember a blood moon eclipse. I was ready. Helas, clouds covered it. I had nearly given up when miraculously, clouds parted just long enough to photograph it. I also stayed at a very remote property, 3 hours of horrendous corrugation on a gravel road (we lost our water tank). No light pollution, totally black night. They have several observatories. I went to a night sky evening looking through powerful telescopes which took us into deep space. It was beyond fascinating and humbling.

Here are my efforts. Not professional but I try.

Happy christmas to you too!

• Love 2

Sold twice under two different licenses: 

1) Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 October 2021
End: 02 October 2021
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

2) Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 20 December 2021
End: 20 December 2026

Jacob Rees-Mogg, wearing a top hat, waits to enter St Paul's Stock Photo - Alamy

Manchester, UK, 14th December, 2021.  People queue for a booster vaccine to protect against Covid-19 or Covid or Coronavirus at the Town Hall in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. The UK Government has announced a mass booster vaccination programme against the Omicron Covid variant. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. Only $ but sold several of this booster queue now. The Council decorations in the background help. This section of the queue were being told the hub might not have enough vaccines for them but staff were trying to get more. 

2HANPPC.jpg

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

Excellent. And I especially like the moon with its apparent reflection of the circular beach thingy.

Thanks....Couldn't get any more of it in without abseiling off the edge of the cliff!!!

It's actually a composite of two images harbour and beach on 24mm, moon on 200mm. Shot simultaneously and comped later.

Phil

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

I guess the main issue in the UK, in addition to light pollution, is the cloud cover. I camp a lot in the Outback very far from the beaten track and Australia has big skies, so it's a lot easier. Even though, the weather does not always cooperate. I will always remember a blood moon eclipse. I was ready. Helas, clouds covered it. I had nearly given up when miraculously, clouds parted just long enough to photograph it. I also stayed at a very remote property, 3 hours of horrendous corrugation on a gravel road (we lost our water tank). No light pollution, totally black night. They have several observatories. I went to a night sky evening looking through powerful telescopes which took us into deep space. It was beyond fascinating and humbling.

Here are my efforts. Not professional but I try.

Happy christmas to you too!

You're not wrong about the weather here, it's been wall to wall gloom in the south east for a good couple of weeks now. I can feel my vitamin D levels dropping by the hour!

As always, your efforts are more than good. Wonder what kind of hash I can make of it when I give it a go.

Edited by Dave Richards
corrected text.
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Nick Hatton said:

My first ever sale of a black and white image, taken at the Malpas steam rally a  couple of years ago $$$ and my second $$$ sale in the last week, nice end to the year.

old-man-riding-bike-cycle-cycling-throug

17 minutes ago, Nick Hatton said:

My first ever sale of a black and white image, taken at the Malpas steam rally a  couple of years ago $$$ and my second $$$ sale in the last week, nice end to the year.

old-man-riding-bike-cycle-cycling-throug

That's encouraging, I've got a few B&W I'd like to try. Will do a bit more work on them first though.

One of a pair of low$$ Brazilian distro licenses (book use, 25 years) that showed up today

Now only four sales to go before I equal last year's total (wish I could say the same for revenue). 🎅 🎅🎅🎅

Mayan sculpture, Honduras

Sculpture of the Maya maize god, Museo de Arqueologia, town of Copan Ruinas, Honduras, Central America Stock Photo

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

One of a pair of low$$ Brazilian distro licenses (book use, 25 years) that showed up today

Now only four sales to go before I equal last year's total (wish I could say the same for revenue). 🎅 🎅🎅🎅

Mayan sculpture, Honduras

Sculpture of the Maya maize god, Museo de Arqueologia, town of Copan Ruinas, Honduras, Central America Stock Photo

Go John Go!!

• Love 1

UK Newspaper - $

CN0E36.jpg

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 22-December-2021 ; Duration: Unlimited ;
 Additional Details: Images can be used in an editorial context only across customers website and associated social channels

EU - $$ (just)

FEKH2T.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 3