Images sold in December 2021

Manchester, UK, 14th December, 2021.  People queue for a booster vaccine to protect against Covid-19 or Covid or Coronavirus at the Town Hall in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. The UK Government has announced a mass booster vaccination programme against the Omicron Covid variant. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. Just into $$.

2HANPX6.jpg

• Love 2

Manchester, UK, 14th December, 2021.  A man in hi vis from the Town Hall vaccine hub tells people in the queue that they don't have enough vaccines to vaccinate those in the queue beyond the sign in the image and they are trying to get more vaccines. People queue for a booster vaccine to protect against Covid-19 or Covid or Coronavirus at the Town Hall in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. The UK Government has announced a mass booster vaccination programme against the Omicron Covid variant. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. $. The hi vis man also said that, the day before, people who had queued for over 3 hours in the rain had been turned away when the vaccines ran out.... So better to book a jab online if you can than join a pop up queue. 

2HANXFP.jpg

Sales are dripping in today resembling an end of month surge. I hope Alamy aren't knocking off early for Christmas (after a party tomorrow)!

Two low $ magazine licences on a common theme:

essex-senior-league-referee-and-assistant-referees-officiating-southend-manor-versus-london-colney-fc-in-the-extra-preliminary-round-of-the-fa-cup-2GCJ35Y.jpg

referee-indicating-no-more-to-a-player-during-southend-manor-versus-london-colney-fc-in-the-extra-preliminary-round-of-the-fa-cup-gesticulating-2GCJ396.jpg

• Love 1

Not too excited about this low $, distributor licence. Leaving me less than a $. And no end date noted, so guessing they have it forever.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 November 2021
Czech Republic, Editorial website,Bulk discount, flat rate

2FNXX1R.jpg

Edited by cbimages
  • Love 4

35 minutes ago, cbimages said:

Not too excited about this low $, distributor licence. Leaving me less than a $. And no end date noted, so guessing they have it forever.

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Czech Republic, Editorial website,Bulk discount, flat rate

2FNXX1R.jpg

Shall we organise a monkey picnic? Here 

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

Shall we organise a monkey picnic? Here 

Little devils steal anything not nailed down don't they. In Bali, we always stay in a hotel very close to the Monkey Forest in Ubud, and have some very funny tales about them. Anyway, I have the Coca Cola organised as well!
CF7522.jpg

5 minutes ago, cbimages said:

Little devils steal anything not nailed down don't they. In Bali, we always stay in a hotel very close to the Monkey Forest in Ubud, and have some very funny tales about them. Anyway, I have the Coca Cola organised as well!
CF7522.jpg

Ha ha ha, another one to the party. 

I got to Ubud as a passenger on a motorbike. Bought peanuts for the monkeys. I gave them a few but didn't want to give them all away at once, so I hid the rest of the bag into my hat which I was holding in my hand. I might as well have called them stupid. One hung himself by the teeth to my wrist, arms limp alongside his body. Meanwhile, another monkey jumped on my BF's shoulder and stole his glasses. He was very short-sighted and didn't have a spare pair. Each time he took a step forward, the monkey went one step backwards, tentalisingly dangling the glasses. A peanut vendor threw him a bag of peanuts and the monkey immediately dropped the glasses. I was beginning to wonder how I would drive the motorbike...

Ooh eh! A rare $$$ sale

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Television (editorial) ;  Print run: Unlimited transmissions ;  Placement: Use within body of show ;  Start: 17-December-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;
Additional Details: Licensed for a single edit, in perpetuity and across all media

ROW

2AT21XN.jpg

• Love 3

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a single magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide (excludes advertising).
Start: 16 December 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

close-up image of melting snow on a rosmary plant Stock Photo - Alamy

Three low $$$ popped in for TV use, all from the same shoot of Hot Wheels toys or related to the toy.  A friend of mine has a very large collection and shot them a few years ago.  This is one of his lunch boxes.  Fortunately he was happy for me to put the photos on Alamy.

toys-classic-vintage-hot-wheels-cars-mad

• Love 3

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 17-December-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;
Additional Details: Editorial: Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.

Low $$

DYCEX3.jpg

• Love 2

"Friendship Seat", outdoor sculpture by Andy Levy. Milnthorpe Road, Kendal, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 17 December 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

2E8Y1J1.jpg

Second time this has sold for PU in the last 3 weeks.

Identical terms but slightly less this time (exchange rates?).

Expected the last one to get refunded when Mickey doesn't arrive in the post for Christmas.

Not expecting both to stick🙄

My pessimism has come true.

First refund i've had to date.

The earlier sale of the same image last month has stuck so far.

I have added "Photo of" in the caption now but appreciate language differences can still be a problem.

Edited by Tony ALS
Typo
  • Love 1

I've had less sales than usual this month . . . so far. But a $$$ dropped in this morning. It's a mundane snap of a street sign in NYC. "What sells?" is an often asked question. What will sell, I don't know. I only know what has sold. Tomorrow is another country; people do things differently there. 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I've had less sales than usual this month . . . so far. But a $$$ dropped in this morning. It's a mundane snap of a street sign in NYC. "What sells?" is an often asked question. What will sell, I don't know. I only know what has sold. Tomorrow is another country; people do things differently there. 

My best sale so far this month is a sign that dropped in today for high $$ - so not as good as yours but still goes to show you never know how well a straightforward subject will do:

Deer tick warning poster sign notice posted on a hiking trail path Westchester County New York Lyme Disease public Stock Photo

It has been licensed quite a few times.  

Magazine - print, digital and electronic Image Size: 1 page Print run: up to 5 million Placement: Inside Duration: In perpetuity Country: Worldwide Additional Details: Print run: unlimited; Life of Licensee’s Media for all editions; Reuse included across all of Licensee’s Media 

It's RF editorial so reuse would be normal. 

• Love 2

A door in Bordeaux. One of my first 50 or so images uploaded in 2009. Mid $$ but distro so I get 24%:mellow:

Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: up to 1 transmission
Placement: Use within body of show
End: 01 November 2022
France, Television (editorial)

baroque-doorway-lycee-michel-montaigne-bordeaux-gironde-france-BD9NG6.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1