Images sold in December 2021

I'm keeping you company Carol 😃

Now this is very interesting. My sale has the same details as yours, but it's direct as I have opted out of distribution since the 20% cut.

Below $$

It's obviously the same client, so how does this work?

Usage: Indoor display
Media: Trade show/promotional display
Industry sector: General business services
Print run: 1
Image Size: up to full area
Start: 01 November 2021
End: 02 November 2021
Dubai,Trade show/promotional display

GR46N7.jpg

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

I'm keeping you company Carol 😃

Now this is very interesting. My sale has the same details as yours, but it's direct as I have opted out of distribution since the 20% cut.

Below $$

It's obviously the same client, so how does this work?

Usage: Indoor display
Media: Trade show/promotional display
Industry sector: General business services
Print run: 1
Image Size: up to full area
Start: 01 November 2021
End: 02 November 2021
Dubai,Trade show/promotional display

GR46N7.jpg

Yes, very interesting. My cut was low $$. Maybe they somehow "adjusted" the licence fees?

• Love 1

Another dismal >$ :(

Usage: Editorial, Website and Social media, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity
Media: Website, app and social media
Print run: Unlimited
Placement: Any - print inside, electronic, online
Image Size: Any size
Start: 14 December 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

state-indian-museum-sacramento-californi

Carol, this will give you hope with your insects and bugs. Admittedly, it's a rare sale. But yours are better than mine.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Retail book. Editorial print + digital use. inside.One time use only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ; UK ; $$

DYARA7.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1

For low $$$ Direct at least! And they chose this as opposed an exact other frame without people!

Country: German Speaking Countries ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 50,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 15-December-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity ; Additional Details: Magazine, print and online (same context); License period: 1 month; Print run: 60,000

R238XK.jpg

Phil

Edited by Phil Crean
Add detail
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Coldstream and the River Tweed. Scottish Borders, Berwickshire, Scotland, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Coldstream and the River Tweed. Scottish Borders, Berwickshire, Scotland, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use

9 hours ago, gvallee said:

Carol, this will give you hope with your insects and bugs. Admittedly, it's a rare sale. But yours are better than mine.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Retail book. Editorial print + digital use. inside.One time use only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ; UK ; $$

DYARA7.jpg

Gen, that's a lovely image, glad it made you a few $$. I love "fluffy bums". I found a small orb weaver eating one yesterday, but didn't get a decent photo. Hopper was white with the light pink markings and there was a breeze. I have ordered a longer extension tube, hoping to get better shots of the smaller stuff - if I can stop my arm shaking so much!

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Great pic (and I trust you have 'camouflage' as a tag)...

Thank you, John, and I do indeed have camouflage and camouflaged in the tags. I always appreciate suggestions for tags. That pic reminds me how unbelievably gorgeous the leopards are. Lucky me to see them (thanks to some excellent guides). We were following that one for a long time.

Paulette

7 minutes ago, cbimages said:

Gen, that's a lovely image, glad it made you a few $$. I love "fluffy bums". I found a small orb weaver eating one yesterday, but didn't get a decent photo. Hopper was white with the light pink markings and there was a breeze. I have ordered a longer extension tube, hoping to get better shots of the smaller stuff - if I can stop my arm shaking so much!

That shaking is probably a side effect of your meds. I tried to make a Latticed crust on my cherry pie, with my hands shaking from Prednisone. Given to help me withstand the side-effects of chemo. My daughter was nervously watching me fumble while weaving the pastry strips and finally took over before I ruined it.

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

That shaking is probably a side effect of your meds. I tried to make a Latticed crust on my cherry pie, with my hands shaking from Prednisone. Given to help me withstand the side-effects of chemo. My daughter was nervously watching me fumble while weaving the pastry strips and finally took over before I ruined it.

Thanks Betty. The meds sure are knocking me around, even though it's just a 1/4 dose of Tamoxifen (seeing as I could not take any of the aromatase inhibitors due to very severe side effects). I've had 15 doses, and ended up being rushed to hospital 4am on Saturday with severe left (non cancerous side) rib pain and being unable to breathe. A blood clot was suspected, but on exam, my rib "clicked", so then a broken rib was added to the list. An x-ray and CT showed all was OK and the doctors agreed I seem to have some severe inflammation on the left side. I had 2 doses of fentanyl and then later some endone and despite the medical team wanting to admit me, I persuaded them to let me go home late Saturday afternoon. I am still very sore, 

The shaky arm is mainly due to the 4 cancer surgeries on the right side, plus removal of lymph nodes underarm and some from my neck + the course of radiation + the extra "intense" course of radiation that they used to try and kill the active cancer in my chest that could not be cut out as there is not enough tissue left to cut any more. It's left me with a poor range of movement, not much strength and a frozen shoulder. I've had 4 other surgeries this year also....I have nothing left, strength wise now.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, cbimages said:

Thanks Betty. The meds sure are knocking me around, even though it's just a 1/4 dose of Tamoxifen (seeing as I could not take any of the aromatase inhibitors due to very severe side effects). I've had 15 doses, and ended up being rushed to hospital 4am on Saturday with severe left (non cancerous side) rib pain and being unable to breathe. A blood clot was suspected, but on exam, my rib "clicked", so then a broken rib was added to the list. An x-ray and CT showed all was OK and the doctors agreed I seem to have some severe inflammation on the left side. I had 2 doses of fentanyl and then later some endone and despite the medical team wanting to admit me, I persuaded them to let me go home late Saturday afternoon. I am still very sore, 

The shaky arm is mainly due to the 4 cancer surgeries on the right side, plus removal of lymph nodes underarm and some from my neck + the course of radiation + the extra "intense" course of radiation that they used to try and kill the active cancer in my chest that could not be cut out as there is not enough tissue left to cut any more. It's left me with a poor range of movement, not much strength and a frozen shoulder. I've had 4 other surgeries this year also....I have nothing left, strength wise now.

You are one strong woman. My daughter had an auto accident and is going through rib pain from torn muscles around her right rib cage so watching her struggle, I can empathize with you. The fact you are out there still shooting is a testament to your strong will. I salute you. I can’t even imagine what you are going through. I thought I had it rough but there is no comparison.

Brings to mind the quote, “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.”

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

You are one strong woman. My daughter had an auto accident and is going through rib pain from torn muscles around her right rib cage so watching her struggle, I can empathize with you. The fact you are out there still shooting is a testament to your strong will. I salute you. I can’t even imagine what you are going through. I thought I had it rough but there is no comparison.

Brings to mind the quote, “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.”

Betty, so sorry about your daughter, and I hope she improves day by day. Yeah, this BC is certainly no picnic, but I'm still here, still getting along reasonably OK. Went out this morning again for about 2 hours, took pain meds before I went. No use sitting down wringing my hands, I have lots of life to live. I'll soon be starting on some integrative therapies as well as the "conventional" ones, and hoping to slow the progression a bit. There are too many fishes waiting to see me!

I'm not strong, I do a lot more than my fair share of crying and getting upset, but I can't run away from myself, so have decided to make the best of every day.

I wish we still had the messaging facility so we didn't clog this thread. Apologies to others.

Edited by cbimages
  • Love 4

No apologies needed Carol, these are like conversations and conversations can wander.  Like Betty, I am so impressed with your fortitude.  I LOVE seeing your little critter photos here.  They serve two purposes for me, love seeing creatures I’ve never seen before and I love seeing that you are out shooting!

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

No apologies needed Carol, these are like conversations and conversations can wander.  Like Betty, I am so impressed with your fortitude.  I LOVE seeing your little critter photos here.  They serve two purposes for me, love seeing creatures I’ve never seen before and I love seeing that you are out shooting!

What a lovely thing to say Michael, thanks so much. I hope I can continue to show you many more of our lovely bugs and beasties. I have hundreds still to process, I am finding so much. Getting ID's is proving the hard task now. Some insects have 4-5 different stages, all different shapes and colours, I'm learning so very much. cheers

• Love 4

On 09/12/2021 at 17:03, Dave Richards said:

Nothing so far this month. If I'm lucky I'll maybe get something near the end of the month which seems to be the pattern for my sales. They seem to come at the beginning or at the end of the month.

Need at least six more this year otherwise I'll fall short of my total sales for 2020, but revenue this year is a little up on last year (as long as no refunds suddenly appear).

Having said that, bang in the middle of the month these two were waiting for me when I signed in this morning.

Both low $$.

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in an editorial newsletter.
Start: 15 December 2021

city-of-london-armed-police-officers-take-a-break-and-stand-in-conversation-next-to-parked-police-car-in-wood-street-london-england-uk-2CAJD4X.jpg

Usage: Editorial, Editorial: Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size

the-george-hotel-and-restaurant-yarmouth-isle-of-wight-as-seen-from-FBCDTW.jpg

Second sale of this image. Second time it sold for exam paper use too, thoughts on a postcard please! Photographer stepped out of the fenced area and I couldn't get a clear shot of the waterfall so I thought I'd make it a 'lifestyle' image.... 🙃

Usage: Editorial
Media: Examination papers - print and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 February 2022
End: 01 February 2027

Low/mid $$

A professional photographer taking a picture of Dettifoss waterfall, in the Jökulsárgljúfur canyon, Vatnajökull National Park, northeast Iceland - Image ID: F1HA4D

a-professional-photographer-taking-a-pic

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1

pope-pius-ix-statue-cathedral-church-of-

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
End: 15 December 2026

$43.43

And 50% of that for another licence for an English language edition.  

Sold for mid $$...

Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Duration: In perpetuity All rights, all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, including in context promotions.

Indoor curling rink, Aberdeen

Indoor Curling Rink, Aberdeen Stock Photo