September 2021 Challenge: Agriculture.

Colblimp

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

No greenmarkets in Liverpool, Edo?  Ours here are sooooo good. Union Square is huge but  nice little one in Abingdon Square. A wee one at Astor Place. This is one way NYC has improved over the years.

Paulette

I used to shop at Union Square every week. Got my heirloom tomatoes there and etc. I've not found anything like it here, not in walking distance. 

That's a shame. Of course, we also have the fruit and vegetable carts. I remember when my Canadian cousin came to visit she and her husband were very impressed by all the food carts. Cooked food sold on the street.

Paulette

On 07/09/2021 at 09:09, Colblimp said:

Agriculture was a pretty easy subject to choose as I've a bunch of images which fit the brief.  Agriculture can encompass cows, cattle, sheeps, pigs, abbatoirs, machinery, farmers, fields, silage, slurry (yuk), etc, etc.  Here's a few of mine chosen randomly to give you an idea.

Same rules as always - choose 3 of your best agriculture pics, entries close at midnight on the 30th September, after which I'll choose 8 to go forward to the vote.  Good luck and let's see your pics!

timoleague-west-cork-ireland-4th-sep-2020-west-cork-farmer-kay-deasy-returns-her-dairy-herd-of-70-cows-to-the-fields-after-milking-on-her-farm-in-timoleague-the-day-will-be-a-mix-of-sunny-spells-and-scattered-showers-with-top-temperatures-of-14-to-17-degrees-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2CF9F3A.jpg

Sorry Andy I have being putting this off since I saw your images but cannot resist any longer.

Cow "Why you takin' pictures of my arse?"   "Weirdo!"

Allan

17 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Sorry Andy I have being putting this off since I saw your images but cannot resist any longer.

Cow "Why you takin' pictures of my arse?"   "Weirdo!"

Allan

I took pics of this cow's arse because I knew it would sell, which it has to 3 publications!  And I love cows, they're amazing animals, although I don't have a cow's arse fetish...

8 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

City farm market? ??? The last time I got near a cow it mowed at me. I think it was a carnivore cow. When I lived in Oxfordshire, I knew a guy who trained Border Collies. The dog I liked best was the one who wouldn't go near the sheep.

She probably mooed at you because she thought were cute. 🐮

27 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

There's a Betty we don't know. 😮

Egads, I didn’t mean that the way it sounded! 😂😂😂 I simply meant the photographs! In a teasing competition! Oh! My! Word! I originally said “pit my” then wondered if “pit” was an expression you Brits were familiar with, and changed it to “put”.

How will I dig myself out of this hole. Fer cryin’ out loud.

As your expression goes….I’ll get my coat.

Papaya salesman at our local farmers market on the first day it reopened after lockdown

2BTMGEK.jpg

Banana plant silhouette on dusty netting surrounding the plantation at dusk

2BRFKA6.jpg

Farmer on mechanical donkey passes by in a rural area of Tenerife

2A4W111.jpg

Phil

My three.

1. After the First World War  farming machines took the place of so many workers. They only kept on 1 in 10.

frampton-country-fair-2014-frampton-on-severn-gloucestershire-england-E7EADE.jpg

2.  The link between land ownership and agriculture, a Castle and a tractor.

gloucestershire-uk-24th-june-2018-the-annual-berkeley-show-is-held-in-the-lee-of-historic-berkeley-castle-it-is-an-opportunity-for-local-country-business-to-network-local-crafts-are-displayed-farriers-hold-demonstrations-and-contests-and-tractors-are-polished-and-paraded-local-animals-were-present-as-well-as-alpacas-who-are-always-popular-mr-standfastalamy-live-news-P526GN.jpg

3.  "You're meant to show the subjects faces!"
"I have she's staring at you!"

gloucestershire-uk-24th-june-2018-the-annual-berkeley-show-is-held-in-the-lee-of-historic-berkeley-castle-it-is-an-opportunity-for-local-country-business-to-network-local-crafts-are-displayed-farriers-hold-demonstrations-and-contests-and-tractors-are-polished-and-paraded-local-animals-were-present-as-well-as-alpacas-who-are-always-popular-mr-standfastalamy-live-news-P526HN.jpg

10 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Well done on your win, Andy. Here's my three.

1. Tractor working in field next to windmill.

halnaker-windmill-in-the-south-downs-national-park-in-west-sussex-england-uk-with-a-red-tractor-working-in-the-cornfield-on-a-sunny-summer-day-2GFFRPR.jpg

2. Gambolling lamb.

gambolling-lamb-jumping-on-its-mothers-back-sheep-in-field-during-spring-uk-2FK18R8.jpg

3. Poppies in field margin.

field-of-red-poppies-papaver-rhoeas-dorset-countryside-during-summer-uk-P2YRPT.jpg

I believe that's a pained expression on the ewe’s face with that sharp little hoof dug into her ribs! 🤣 Priceless!

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

I believe that's a pained expression on the ewe’s face with that sharp little hoof dug into her ribs! 🤣 Priceless!

I agree, she looks like a long-suffering mother trying to ignore the pain!

On 07/09/2021 at 10:15, Ed Rooney said:

Agriculture eh? That must be something that goes on outside city limits?

My offerings from when the subject visits the city, of sorts:

cube-of-truth-anonymous-for-the-voiceless-animal-rights-activists-KG9HFY.jpg

(These masked activists have scenes from abattoirs displayed on their laptops)

animal-rights-protesters-outside-burger-king-leicester-square-attempting-K3NKTC.jpg

vegan-activists-besieging-a-mcdonalds-restaurant-in-whitehall-london-KGG9TT.jpg

Edited by Avpics