September 2021 Challenge: Agriculture.

Colblimp

Agriculture was a pretty easy subject to choose as I've a bunch of images which fit the brief.  Agriculture can encompass cows, cattle, sheeps, pigs, abbatoirs, machinery, farmers, fields, silage, slurry (yuk), etc, etc.  Here's a few of mine chosen randomly to give you an idea.

Same rules as always - choose 3 of your best agriculture pics, entries close at midnight on the 30th September, after which I'll choose 8 to go forward to the vote.  Good luck and let's see your pics!

timoleague-west-cork-ireland-4th-sep-2020-west-cork-farmer-kay-deasy-returns-her-dairy-herd-of-70-cows-to-the-fields-after-milking-on-her-farm-in-timoleague-the-day-will-be-a-mix-of-sunny-spells-and-scattered-showers-with-top-temperatures-of-14-to-17-degrees-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2CF9F3A.jpg

dublin-ireland-10th-july-2019-thousands-of-farmers-descended-on-leinster-house-today-in-protest-at-the-mercosur-deal-which-farmers-claim-will-be-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-for-their-way-of-life-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-W2PRP7.jpg

gloun-west-cork-ireland-29th-june-2021-on-yet-another-blisteringly-hot-day-in-ireland-sheep-farmers-john-and-don-ward-shear-sheep-in-gloun-west-cork-temperatures-will-stay-in-the-20s-today-but-rain-is-forecast-for-the-rest-of-the-week-and-into-the-weekend-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2G5PN12.jpg

drimoleague-west-cork-ireland-25th-july-2021-on-a-hot-and-sunny-day-in-west-cork-dairy-farmer-paul-kingston-moves-his-75-strong-herd-of-dairy-cows-across-the-r586-at-drimoleague-the-good-weather-is-at-an-end-with-met-ireann-forecasting-thunderstorms-over-the-next-few-days-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2G9BC0T.jpg

shepperton-west-cork-ireland-19th-may-2021-shepperton-based-dairy-farmer-denis-harnedy-brings-in-his-106-strong-herd-of-cows-for-milking-after-a-mixed-day-of-sunshine-and-showers-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2FNX5MT.jpg

bantry-west-cork-ireland-11th-july-2020-on-a-hot-and-sunny-day-whooley-contractors-make-silage-on-the-farm-of-pat-cadogan-in-aughaville-near-bantry-using-a-new-holland-tractor-and-mchale-fusion-3-plus-baler-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2C6R916.jpg
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Agriculture eh? That must be something that goes on outside city limits? Would milk or yogurt on a supermarket shelf count? 

Milk and yogurt are a product of agriculture, so yes!

Tough one for me as I'm more of a city person, but I came up with these... hope they fit the bill!

Sheep barn in Lincoln, Massachusetts

M93T8C.jpg

Amish woman at the farmer's market in Zionsville, Indiana

PFCR2J.jpg

Fields on the island of Rügen on the Baltic Sea in Germany

M9GJ3B.jpg

Congratulations, Colin. Here are my three agricultural images...

Agricultural worker commuting in style, Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua

farm-worker-riding-a-domesticated-brahman-bull-isla-de-ometepe-or-AX9N8J.jpg

Mother and daughter pumpkin-picking in Ladner, BC, Canada

mother-an-daughter-placing-pumpkins-in-a-wheelbarrow-at-westham-island-KDWM32.jpg

Old John Deere tractor put out to pasture

old-john-deere-tractor-at-a-farm-in-ladner-delta-british-columbia-CXWHY5.jpg
Edited by John Mitchell

17 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Edo, might you have city farm market photos?

City farm market? ??? The last time I got near a cow it mowed at me. I think it was a carnivore cow. When I lived in Oxfordshire, I knew a guy who trained Border Collies. The dog I liked best was the one who wouldn't go near the sheep.

• Love 1

I searched my port for "Agriculture" and only came up with 12 images. I am sure I had more but must have omitted to keyword with agriculture. Time to amend my keywording if I can find the rest.

Allan

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

City farm market? ??? The last time I got near a cow it mowed at me. I think it was a carnivore cow. When I lived in Oxfordshire, I knew a guy who trained Border Collies. The dog I liked best was the one who wouldn't go near the sheep.

I’m talking about a place that sells produce, not cows.

A quick selection below.

Rolling countryside and fields in the Cotswolds Upper Rissington Gloucestershirerolling-countryside-and-fields-in-the-cotswolds-upper-rissington-gloucestershire-ECR6RN.jpg

View Arun valley South Downs West Sussexview-arun-valley-south-downs-west-sussex-england-CB5WWE.jpg

Agricultural vehicle spreading powder on fallow land

agricultural-vehicle-spreading-powder-on-fallow-land-MPH9EH.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

No greenmarkets in Liverpool, Edo?  Ours here are sooooo good. Union Square is huge but  nice little one in Abingdon Square. A wee one at Astor Place. This is one way NYC has improved over the years.

Paulette