February 2021 Challenge: Doors and Windows

Michael Ventura

Congratulations, Michael!
The window of a convenience store. Oklahoma City where I gassed up my car.

a-gasoline-station-window-displaying-war

🎶“There’s an old piano and they play it hot behind the Green Door.” 🎶 🎼🎹 Frederiksted, St. Croix, USVA

a-colorful-green-wooden-door-inset-into-

Window, Frederiksted, St. Croix. USVA

painted-art-of-an-octopus-on-the-front-o

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

Tough to narrow it down, seems we all like photographing these subjects!

The Priory Gate in autumn and Royal Coat of Arms, a 15th-century stone archway with two large iron-studded oak gates, Cathedral Close, Winchester, UK

the-priory-gate-in-autumn-and-royal-coat

Illuminated flats at night in Skyline Plaza, a refurbished high-rise office building - concept: rental market, vertical living, property investment

illuminated-flats-at-night-in-skyline-pl

A tourist (my wife!) walks through the entrance to Casa del Gran Portale or House of the Large Portal on the Decumano Inferiore (Decumanus Inferior), Herculaneum

a-tourist-walks-through-the-entrance-to-

Edited by Steve F
changed my mind!
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Allan's right. Three is hard.

giant-picture-frame-with-a-view-of-admiral-hill-margrain-vineyard-martinborough-wairarapa-new-zealand-2AMBHD8.jpg

a-pretty-girl-at-a-pub-window-with-a-line-of-poetry-the-garrison-bermondsey-CTA871.jpg

two-women-in-high-heels-and-a-man-drinking-beer-and-smoking-in-the-KGG4PB.jpg

Ed, this one is through the window of La Antigua Abaceria in Seville. If you didn't get there I'm sure it would have been on your list😉

I passed it many times, Mark, but didn't get to have the lunch I planned before leaving. I took this snap from just below it on the river. 

T61RAP.jpg

This months challenge should produce some great images. We togs love our doors and windows. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Michael.   I think the winner is already posted but in the spirit of the competion I offer the following.

Shop front old building Trinity Street Cambridge

shop-front-old-building-trinity-street-cambridge-city-england-D0G40D.jpg

Bridge of Wight Sun vehicle and passenger ferry passing Wight Light ferry in Lymington estuary

bridge-of-wight-sun-vehicle-and-passenger-ferry-passing-wight-light-DH93DR.jpg

Milton House front door at Christmas

milton-house-front-door-at-christmas-fen-road-milton-FB8JH1.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

I've narrowed mine down to 8 and forgot to look for doors! I can also think of one on S I particularly like. Tough challenge. 

On Chrome on a Mac I open two windows and drag the photo from one into the discussion. It used to work with a right click and paste, but hasn't in a few years.

44 minutes ago, Marianne said:

I've narrowed mine down to 8 and forgot to look for doors! I can also think of one on S I particularly like. Tough challenge. 

On Chrome on a Mac I open two windows and drag the photo from one into the discussion. It used to work with a right click and paste, but hasn't in a few years.

In hindsight, I probably should have gone with one or other, sorry folks. Using Chrome, I open two widows and drag the photos into the discussion thread.

Congratulation on the win, and on such a great new challenge for us all, Michael.

Here is my humble three.

Just to participate, as some of the photographs already entered are of very high calibre.

So first through a windshield (Is this accepted as a window?):

driving-in-the-rain-in-darwin-australia-

At the cafe window, night-time in Darwin Australia:

nightlife-at-the-air-raid-arcade-from-au

San-Mon or Main Door of the Jindaiji in Tokyo, Japan:

san-mon-or-main-gate-of-the-jindaiji-in-

Good luck everybody, it is great to be able to "travel" through so many door and vista, even if only via photographs on a screen.

• Love 2

Good challenge, one that most of us should be able to enter!

1) Paddington Bear in Fenwick's shop window at Xmas

people-looking-at-fenwicks-2017-paddington-bear-christmas-display-KM04GY.jpg

2 Buildings reflected in Eldon Square windows, Newcastle, England

greys-monument-and-buildings-reflected-in-windows-blackett-street-CF1894.jpg

3)  Two couples looking into an estate agent's window

two-couples-one-holding-hands-outside-estate-agents-office-in-caernarfon-CX007W.jpg

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 2

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/F4R05P/goodyear-tire-rubber-company-global-headquarters-building-in-akron-F4R05P.jpg

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Global Headquarters, Akron Ohio.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/KFBB4R/houston-george-bush-intercontinental-airport-people-mover-train-and-KFBB4R.jpg

Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport people mover.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/GT7CF8/123-sign-brass-house-number-sign-in-edinburgh-scotland-123-cut-out-GT7CF8.jpg

Edinburgh.

It's next to a door and it shows windows. And I like it. Occasionally zoomed; never sold.

Congratulations Michael! You have your work cut out for you.

wim

• Love 2

On 09/02/2021 at 11:04, Allan Bell said:

Thank you Michael.   I think the winner is already posted but in the spirit of the competion I offer the following.

funny thing about that, i think 4 times in past year and a half i have thought that, and once the image didn't make the finalist, another time it was a low vote, and twice the image did win by a landslide,  both time by some photographer.