February 2021 Challenge: Doors and Windows

Michael Ventura

Many thanks again for the votes for my ER doc photo, lots of deserving photos in that challenge.  This month's challenge is, "Doors and Windows".  I am sure most of you have photos in their collection that could fit the bill.  I am looking for creative and interesting photos taken of or through all sorts of doors and windows (except the Microsoft kind and the old rock band kind 😀).  Here are a few of mine as examples. Can't wait to see what you have!!  As usual, up to three photos per person and all have to be on Alamy.  Entries will close on Feb 28th at midnight New York time.

USA Virginia VA Luray Shenandoah River Valley The historic Willow Grove Mill Burned during the American Civil War Stock Photo

Caribbean West Indies St. Kitts and Nevis - Portrait of a mother and son at window of their house on Nevis Stock Photo

View out of an Airbus A320 window at sunset over USA America Stock Photo

USA Maine ME Monhegan Island in Penobscot Bay in the Atalntic Ocean two hikers through a window of an art gallery Stock Photo

USA Mississippi MS Miss Greenwood Tallahatchie Flats hotel motel lodging in tenant shacks -owner Stock Photo

• Love 4

My three:

T6408K.jpg

Repairing a door lock on my front door which disguises my house as a garage.

2AX3F8E.jpg

A round doorway in a art deco house in Jinotega, with jalousie windows on the far wall. 

J1TCE4.jpg

A screen door between them, Lola the pup and Rosie the young girl.

Edited by MizBrown
changed photos.
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Just trawled through my images and have lots of windows and doors. Can we have three of each windows and doors?

Allan

Sorry about it being too broad, I think we need to keep it to the top three of either.

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Sorry about it being too broad, I think we need to keep it to the top three of either.

Are we still allowed to mix and match three images of windows and doors? Say two of one and one of another.

Allan

Allan's right. Three is hard.

giant-picture-frame-with-a-view-of-admiral-hill-margrain-vineyard-martinborough-wairarapa-new-zealand-2AMBHD8.jpg

a-pretty-girl-at-a-pub-window-with-a-line-of-poetry-the-garrison-bermondsey-CTA871.jpg

two-women-in-high-heels-and-a-man-drinking-beer-and-smoking-in-the-KGG4PB.jpg

Ed, this one is through the window of La Antigua Abaceria in Seville. If you didn't get there I'm sure it would have been on your list😉

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

Congratulations on your win Michael. I think you have given yourself a tough one to select a shortlist! I had about 1,000 images just tagged ‘door’ or ‘window’ so not easy to choose. But a good topic.

Number 1: did you know that the word ‘window’ derives from ‘wind door’? You can see why from this photo. An old merchant’s house in Leith, Edinburgh.

quirky-lattice-windows-with-shutters-17t

Number 2: this pub just had to be called this, didn’t it?

front-of-the-lord-nelson-pub-trafalgar-s

Number 3: there are a lot of wonderful doors in Edinburgh.

edinburgh-scotland-united-kingdom-5th-de

Edited by Sally
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Well-deserved win, Michael. Congratulations.

Great challenge. I'm addicted to photographing doors and windows, so too many too choose from.

But here goes...

Doggie in the window, Vancouver

bored-looking-shaggy-white-dog-peering-o

Downtown Cancun doors and windows, Mexico

urban-graffiti-with-girl-in-flowered-dre

Old Montreal window

dome-of-the-bonsecours-market-reflected-

• Love 3

Congrats on your well deserved win Michael.

I didn't have any Covid pic but over 300 doors and windows. A popular subject it seems, so well chosen.

Dog in Brazil

AEWW8H.jpg

French cockerel at a doorstep

BE4BMN.jpg

Dog in a car

EH68MW.jpg

• Love 1

Joining the club of lovers of all windows and doors... very hard to narrow down!

Round Tower, Copenhagen

T2Y6YG.jpg

Pompidou in Paris (a walkway made of windows)

2A3X2AP.jpg

Florist shop in Arnstadt, Germany

T2Y6HH.jpg

Edited by Lori Rider
  • Love 2

Congrats on your win Michael. Well deserved.

My offerings:

Ruddy big door:

inside-the-huge-raised-nose-door-of-a-antonov-an-124-plane-at-farnborough-international-airshow-aerospace-aviation-trade-show-cavernous-cargo-door-PFK3G8.jpg

Hobbit door:

open-circular-door-of-hobbit-hole-at-hobbiton-movie-set-in-the-waikato-region-of-new-zealand-north-island-looking-out-to-the-shire-countryside-T09BJT.jpg

Ruddy big window:

american-air-museum-at-imperial-war-museum-duxford-cambridgeshire-uk-red-arrows-display-team-reflected-in-glass-frontage-of-building-PWN6KN.jpg

If image one is confusing, here's a more standard view:

HH166T.jpg

Edited by Avpics
  • Love 3

55 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Congrats on your win Michael. Well deserved.

My offerings:

Ruddy big door:

inside-the-huge-raised-nose-door-of-a-antonov-an-124-plane-at-farnborough-international-airshow-aerospace-aviation-trade-show-cavernous-cargo-door-PFK3G8.jpg

Hobbit door:

open-circular-door-of-hobbit-hole-at-hobbiton-movie-set-in-the-waikato-region-of-new-zealand-north-island-looking-out-to-the-shire-countryside-T09BJT.jpg

Ruddy big window:

american-air-museum-at-imperial-war-museum-duxford-cambridgeshire-uk-red-arrows-display-team-reflected-in-glass-frontage-of-building-PWN6KN.jpg

If image one is confusing, here's a more standard view:

HH166T.jpg

Thanks AVpics.  Nice shots but you need to pull one since only three are allowed for the challenge.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Thanks AVpics.  Nice shots but you need to pull one since only three are allowed for the challenge.

The small one is purely for explanatory purposes, if required, to prove that image one is indeed a door.

36 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

How do you get those large images in - it tells me I am limited to 750 pixels wide now?

I zoom the photo in my AIM, right click to copy the image address, click Insert image from URL in my post, then when I paste the link, change zooms in the URL to comp.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Colin Woods said:

How do you get those large images in - it tells me I am limited to 750 pixels wide now?

I open the image's page and right click on a blank space right next to the preview image. I then click on "View Page Info" in the drop-down menu, copy the URL with "/comp/" in it and paste it into the "Insert image from URL" box in my forum post (bottom right).  Works every time.

P.S. I'm using Firefox.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Thanks 1