February 2021 Favourite Uploads

Michael Ventura

1 hour ago, Sally R said:

I especially love the horse pic Allan! You can almost feel the frosty atmosphere with the long morning shadows. I'm sure the horse was looking forward to some warmth from the sun as it gets higher.

Thank you Sally. What you are feeling is what I was trying to achieve.

Allan

2EB4BA5.jpg

Dad and I went for a drive just north of town about a month after I moved home. He was so happy when he found me this old farmyard while we were out looking for a few of the country churches. He proclaimed it to be his "photo find of the day." Over the years we have done a lot of photo touring. This was our last one, as he passed unexpectedly the next month. 

• Love 3

22 minutes ago, MandyD said:

2EB4BA5.jpg

Dad and I went for a drive just north of town about a month after I moved home. He was so happy when he found me this old farmyard while we were out looking for a few of the country churches. He proclaimed it to be his "photo find of the day." Over the years we have done a lot of photo touring. This was our last one, as he passed unexpectedly the next month. 

A lovely memory.

Stay safe.

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

A lovely memory.

Stay safe.

Thank you and you too. I think I will have it printed once I move into my new place.

8 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

I love my photogenic neighborhood!

Port of Oakland at sunset. Intermodal shipping containers and cranes in the San Francisco Bay. International trade and commerce. Stock Photo

In 1990 I got an invite from a friend of my aunt to accompany a Bay pilot taking a tanker into Oakland. I have never handled a car as gently as he edged that ship up to the dock.

After disembarking I discovered that my film advance had packed up and I didn't get a frame.

On 14/02/2021 at 10:04, spacecadet said:

In 1990 I got an invite from a friend of my aunt to accompany a Bay pilot taking a tanker into Oakland. I have never handled a car as gently as he edged that ship up to the dock.

After disembarking I discovered that my film advance had packed up and I didn't get a frame.

oh my god, what a great experience, and what a bummer about the faulty camera. I've started following a page that tracks all the ships coming and going, and find in all fascinating.

On 08/02/2021 at 08:18, Colblimp said:

This is certainly no match for the wildlife pics on this thread, but it's been on the front page of two local papers so it's a favourite upload!

rosscarbery-west-cork-ireland-2nd-feb-2021-part-of-rosscarbery-pier-collapsed-yesterday-it-is-thought-coastal-erosion-is-the-cause-although-the-section-of-pier-was-built-with-no-foundation-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2E9471T.jpg

Was the headline in the paper "Hole found in road, the council are looking into it"  😁

John.

My sala that was a garage with the new backed bench and one of the slipper chairs with a new slipcover:

2EDATHF.jpg

And my kitten who wanted to join us now an adult cat.  She has an interest mix of colors, and looks a lot like the original Libyan sand cats that seem to be what the domestic cats came from. 

2EDARX3.jpg

• Love 2

With Covid lockdown I have been mining my image collection for image bits and pieces to combine for new photoshop illustrations.

I have been getting zooms on artificial intelligence and the singularity, so thought I would do some more.

artificial-intelligence-ai-singularity-aartificial-intelligence-ai-singularity-a

artificial-intelligence-ai-singularity-aartificial-intelligence-ai-singularity-a

Monoliths are in the news recently so I thought I would rework a photoshop illustration from the early 1990's that did not quite work at the time.

monolith-extraterrestrial-artificial-int

On 20/02/2021 at 04:53, meanderingemu said:

Male pine grosbeak in crab apple tree, with just a bit of frost...

pine-grosbeak-pinicola-enucleator-eating-berries-on-a-winters-day-2EH2TRY.jpg

Très jolie, monsieur. I miss seeing grosbeaks in BC. I guess they don't like the wet Vancouver weather. 
Edited by John Mitchell