February 2021 Favourite Uploads

Michael Ventura

One positive relating to my recent computer  crash, I found myself looking through some old images that I hadn't processed, and this one I quite like. Had to clone out a power cable, but, during lockdown, time on my hands! The The Grey Horse Pub in spring.

Daffodils blooming and The Grey Horse village pub in Penshaw, north east England. UK Stock Photo

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 3

Hard to believe but I've had this view from my bed for the past 4 days!

Camped by the estuary of the Kolan River, Miara, Queensland, Australia

This is sunrise (5am).

2EK0HG7.jpg

2EK0HTW.jpg

2EK0J1H.jpg

• Love 4

9 hours ago, gvallee said:

Hard to believe but I've had this view from my bed for the past 4 days!

Camped by the estuary of the Kolan River, Miara, Queensland, Australia

This is sunrise (5am).

2EK0HG7.jpg

2EK0J1H.jpg

Feeling green. With envy! Maybe we should sell our house and buy one on wheels as well. Maybe not over here though.  🌧️ 🏙️🏗️🏙️ ☂️  plus:  😷Microbe on OpenMoji 13.0

wim

4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Feeling green. With envy! Maybe we should sell our house and buy one on wheels as well. Maybe not over here though.  🌧️ 🏙️🏗️🏙️ ☂️  plus:  😷Microbe on OpenMoji 13.0

wim

I know, I refrain from posting in the good news thread because I feel for you guys. Hopefully with vaccinations under way, the end of restrictions is in sight? Or most of them at least. It will be a while for international travel to resume in Oz. The ban had interesting consequences: as Australians can't holiday abroad (Bali, etc), there has been huge demand for motorhomes and caravans. There isn't enough RVs available.

14 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I know, I refrain from posting in the good news thread because I feel for you guys. Hopefully with vaccinations under way, the end of restrictions is in sight? Or most of them at least. It will be a while for international travel to resume in Oz. The ban had interesting consequences: as Australians can't holiday abroad (Bali, etc), there has been huge demand for motorhomes and caravans. There isn't enough RVs available.

You reminded me of a consequence of Covid. Right before it became a big deal, I had an older upright freezer in my garage. I decided to get a new one, and did. I sold my old one. Within a couple of weeks, the virus exploded and all of a sudden people bought all available freezer stock, and others wanting one were told they would be months on back order, especially when the workers were getting sick at the manufacturing level.
Of course, people wanted to be able to stock up and freeze food, even hoard, so they didn’t need to go shopping as often.

• Love 1

Went back through my "Made in Jinotega" photos and found more for the coffee and cacao growers coop.   I'll be going back there sometime next week for the exterior shots (also of my neighbor's workshops).  This was the roaster for the in-house coffee shop and for local retail sales.  They either ship green beans or beans roasted in larger roasters off site.  The Probat is gas-fired and generally used for things like coffee shops and retail stores that sell freshly roasted beans or for sampling at wholesale roasters.

2EJTC0C.jpg

• Love 2

21 hours ago, Sally R said:

Two birdie images I took a while ago but only just got to uploading them.

A juvenile Bridled Tern

a-juvenile-bridled-tern-onychoprion-anaethetus-during-their-summer-breeding-season-at-penguin-island-western-australia-2EJ3XTB.jpg

A Southern Boobook Owl

a-vertical-image-of-a-southern-boobook-owl-ninox-novaeseelandiae-also-known-as-ninox-boobook-with-a-surprised-expression-2EJ3XFW.jpg

Love the owl.

Allan

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Pekka Liukkonen said:

These are some of the beautiful buildings of the Suomenlinna fortress island in Helsinki Finland:
pink-and-orange-colour-buildings-on-suomenlinna-fortress-island-in-helsinki-finland-2EJXW0H.jpg

I like the faded paint so much better than if they were freshly painted. Makes one think more of the longevity of the buildings.

18 hours ago, gvallee said:

Yesterday's day trip to the Great Barrier Reef

2EP37XE.jpg

2EP37MT.jpg

2EP39FR.jpg

Beautiful. Gen, did you ever wonder why the horizon of the sea has such a deeper blue? That puzzled me in my St. Croix pictures until I decided it was probably deeper water color change. Is that it?

4 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Beautiful. Gen, did you ever wonder why the horizon of the sea has such a deeper blue? That puzzled me in my St. Croix pictures until I decided it was probably deeper water color change. Is that it?

I don't have the answer to that Betty. The reef was very beautiful, the whole palette of blue and turquoise hues.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Yes, for sure it is the deeper water giving the darker looking water.  The sun reflecting off the shallower bottom creates the hues.  As the sun gets low in the sky, you don’t see the hues so much.

On 27/02/2021 at 02:56, gvallee said:

Yesterday's day trip to the Great Barrier Reef

2EP37XE.jpg

I can see you on board controlling your drone. Must have been a bit tricky getting it back on board.😲

Allan

This made the 'Picture Diary' in one of the local rags, but hasn't sold on Alamy yet.  2EJ3WWW

timoleague-west-cork-ireland-21st-feb-2021-a-grey-heron-ardea-cinerea-stands-guard-in-its-nest-near-timoleague-as-its-partner-sits-on-the-eggs-to-incubate-them-herons-usually-lay-3-5-eggs-which-hatch-after-approximately-3-12-weeks-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2EJ3WWW.jpg

Since there's a discussion about music photography, here's a pit pic from Coventry Godiva Festival in 2017.
photographers-pit-at-godiva-music-festival-2017-coventry-uk-JJ7WYN.jpg

And one of Baz Warne of The Stranglers at the same festival.
coventry-uk-7th-july-2017-the-annual-coventry-godiva-music-festival-JGJWX7.jpg
Edited by Colblimp

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I can see you on board controlling your drone. Must have been a bit tricky getting it back on board.😲

Allan

Ha ha, not a drone pic, was too busy already with the GoPro + DSLR and 2 lenses.

A classic drone beginner's mistake from a boat is to use the RTH (Return To Home) function. The boat has drifted since its original GPS position and many a drone have been seen plunging into the water...

Edited by gvallee

12 hours ago, gvallee said:

Ha ha, not a drone pic, was too busy already with the GoPro + DSLR and 2 lenses.

A classic drone beginner's mistake from a boat is to use the RTH (Return To Home) function. The boat has drifted since its original GPS position and many a drone have been seen plunging into the water...

Do you have a really long monopod or were you just on a taller boat?😀

13 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Do you have a really long monopod or were you just on a taller boat?😀

I was in a crow's nest 😜

In that boat

2EP39JN.jpg

Edited by gvallee