Also a slow month for me. 2 small distributor sales dropped in yesterday. 

Only one zoom for this month so far, which is unusually low for me. 

And a couple of sales from last year, which should have been cleared by now, are still showing as uncleared.

I have sold the same number of images month to date as I did same period in January last year however the value is three times higher than last January, an encouraging start. Should add no distributor sales so far this month.

Edited by Normspics
  • Like 1

Things holding up ok here, zooms significantly better than late last year with CTR at a level I am more comfortable with now, one sale in the bag and hopefully a few more from some of this months/last month's zooms. Up until this month sales through Oct, Nov and Dec were higher than the amount of zooms I was getting. Views currently high as lots of searches going on for subjects I've covered heavily in the run up to the new year - covid-19/anti lockdown protests.

To get an "average" month I'll need one or two more sales before Jan ends so fingers crossed.

Interestingly enough one of my recent sales came in not long after I'd added a batch of keywords (mainly synonyms) that I hadn't thought of before. 

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Roughly half of a normal average month. The database is also back to its old ways in being many days behind and with Live News not going into stock.

Indeed. My blue number <<<<< 1725. Click it and oooops! The 17 images I bagged and tagged yesterday are nowhere in sight! Not to be seen again for another 12-24 hours. Last time this got remedied it was right after I prodded them about it. I also had two sales clear that I've been waiting months for right after messaging them about that, too. Maybe I should have another whinge?!

Edited by Cal
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Cal said:

Indeed. My blue number <<<<< 1725. Click it and oooops! The 17 images I bagged and tagged yesterday vanish! Not to be seen again for another 12-24 hours. Last time this got remedied it was right after I prodded them about it. I also had two sales clear that I've been waiting months for right after messaging them about that, too. Maybe I should have another whinge?!

we shouldn't have to whinge though....  I have 2 sales past their 4 months to clear (one closing on a year), both from the same news organisation, a three letter acronym in the UK.  ok so i'm whinging.   

5 minutes ago, Cal said:

Indeed. My blue number <<<<< 1725. Click it and oooops! 

as i reported in other thread, my blue number has now gone up yesterday, and today, without a new image appearing for sale.  I don't remember seeing this before, two updates of server in, but image not appearing.....   Elizabeth, when you have a break between locking S****** posts, can you send a note to the server team @Alamy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

we shouldn't have to whinge though....  I have 2 sales past their 4 months to clear (one closing on a year), both from the same news organisation, a three letter acronym in the UK.  ok so i'm whinging.   

I quite agree, I think it's unbelievable that some customers of Alamy can apparently download images and not bother reporting them (given the stories I have read of contributors having to "report the usages themselves") but it is a fact we have to contend with.

I'm still waiting for a known usage over a month ago to even report, I have a sneaky feeling it either never will or will be upwards of 2 months before it will.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

as i reported in other thread, my blue number has now gone up yesterday, and today, without a new image appearing for sale.  I don't remember seeing this before, two updates of server in, but image not appearing.....   Elizabeth, when you have a break between locking S****** posts, can you send a note to the server team @Alamy

Hi,

We're sorry for the delay - the team are aware and the server will be updated as soon as possible.

Thanks, 

Shannon

• Love 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, wilkopix said:

Bit slow here too .. with the rubbish (UK) weather I'm busy re-keywording older images and hope that might lead to some additional sales.

Not a bad use of this bad weather!

if you have any of those actual cookies in your photos, I’ll buy a cookie and a photo!