Don't worry guys, four more days and most of you, as usual, will post in "How was your January?" to having experienced the best month ever in terms of sales or number of sold images since the end of Second World War or so. 

49 minutes ago, stipe said:

Don't worry guys, four more days and most of you, as usual, will post in "How was your January?" to having experienced the best month ever in terms of sales or number of sold images since the end of Second World War or so. 

Love it!

Have you got access to my dashboard? 😂 I've just had a sale! Well, it is one I already knew about (and a newspaper to boot), but hey.

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

0...and counting!

😁

EDIT: 1....and counting!

• Love 2

5 hours ago, stipe said:

Maybe not the best since the second world war but this years duck has been broken with 4 small newspaper sales just in. 🙂

• Love 1

4 for me, all low $$ 2 on BBC website, one in the Mail and one personal copy of a couple of Cherry Pickers being used by camera crews, I did think I should get a print framed and offer the option on a POD site!😀

Edited by ChrisC

At the risk of encouraging starting the "How was your January" thread on Jan 1 like the other (turquoise rather than blue) forum, I've had a surprisingly normal month like in years past.

So far that is $699/262 based on 12 sales.

I have in the back of my mind a suspicion that upload frequency is related to rank.  Last year I uploaded 28 images.  I sold and bought a house and didn't have time for pictures. My income last year at Alamy was less than half of years past.

Every year in the past 15 years, I've uploaded 500-1000 images per year.  Starting this January I have uploaded about 2 images every working day.

I can't help but think that my very poor performance last year was the result of a lack of new uploads.

• Like 1

The number of sales is good at 8, with most in the mid $$ and one in the high $$, but I've also had a .10 cent and today a .40 cent sale, so the dollar amount isn't spectacular. 

On 29/01/2021 at 16:14, Reimar said:

At the risk of encouraging starting the "How was your January" thread on Jan 1 like the other (turquoise rather than blue) forum, I've had a surprisingly normal month like in years past.

So far that is $699/262 based on 12 sales.

I have in the back of my mind a suspicion that upload frequency is related to rank.  Last year I uploaded 28 images.  I sold and bought a house and didn't have time for pictures. My income last year at Alamy was less than half of years past.

Every year in the past 15 years, I've uploaded 500-1000 images per year.  Starting this January I have uploaded about 2 images every working day.

I can't help but think that my very poor performance last year was the result of a lack of new uploads.

Same situation for me..But for past 2 years. Busy studying for an exam. Very few uploads .. result - 50% sales & income. Back on track now.. when we can get out and shoot that is. Moral of the story imo upload regularly. Interesting to hear of your experience.

All the best.

Edited by Ace
Spelling !

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

I haven't found a correlation.

I imagine that it depends somewhat on the content of your portfolio. If you have a lot of repeat sellers with long shelf lives and good ranking, then uploading infrequently probably won't affect sales that much. That said, feeding the beast regularly is a good idea if you want to keep it happy in the long term. 🦍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cut and paste. Please, substitute four more days with a few more weeks and January with March only:

😉

Poor so far, a couple of low $$ sales -  below average, but the month is yet young.

Zooms not bad though, indeed positively stratospheric, compared to my normally desperately mediocre standard.

36 minutes ago, stipe said:

Cut and paste. Please, substitute four more days with a few more weeks and January with March only:

😉

well, that didn't happen in January,  That didn't happen in February, but i'll take your word for it in March. 

• Love 1