Images sold in November 2020

A welcome sale on the first day of the month. But a non PU on a Sunday?! This is part of a group of photos of Pompeii and Herculaneum from 2016, that I (ahem...) only just got around to keywording. Just goes to show!!

Usage: Educational book. Editorial print or digital use. One time use only. In context re-use permitted for life of title
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 01 November 2020
End: 01 November 2070

Low to mid $$

The Men’s Frigidarium with a circular basin at the Stabian Baths (Terme Stabiane), Pompeii's oldest bath complex, Campania, Italy - Image ID: 2C162WN

the-mens-frigidarium-with-a-circular-bas

• Love 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I can’t wrap my head around how dirty public baths must’ve been.

At least they bathed fairly regularly. Most people during Elizabethan times only bathed several times a year, if that!

But yes, Marcus Aurelius in his meditations said:

'What is bathing when you think about it - oil, sweat, filth, greasy water, everything loathsome.' 🙃

8 hours ago, Steve F said:

A welcome sale on the first day of the month. But a non PU on a Sunday?!

Some working from home advantages are that it often enables you to work whenever you want. Depends on the job and circumstances of course, but, if it's already been decided and in the cart, as it were, then why not do it on a Sunday and have another 15 mins lie-in on a Monday morning?! 😉😁

I've just had a PU come in, which is understandable given the subject, hoping it sticks. After my 2 October sales it would be nice to continue the positive note.

Edited by Cal

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Some working from home advantages are that it often enables you to work whenever you want. Depends on the job and circumstances of course, but, if it's already been decided and in the cart, as it were, then why not do it on a Sunday and have another 15 mins lie-in on a Monday morning?! 😉😁

True lol, I was wfh last night. The new "normal"....

I also had a good start to the month this morning. The Sala del Maggiore Consiglio (Hall of the Great Council) in the Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale), Venice.  Ref - WB30TC

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
Start: 01 November 2020
End: 01 November 2025

Mid to high $$. 

the-sala-del-maggiore-consiglio-hall-of-

Edited by Vincent Lowe
  • Love 4

We haven't had November yet.🤨

Allan

October? Did we have that? It seems to have passed me by, sales wise.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

2BHF9BA.jpg

A speaker addresses the audience at the Campaign for Homosexual Equality (CHE) Conference in Malvern, Worcestershire, England, United Kingdom, in 1974. I hope some more of these old  images sell. Country: Worldwide Usage: Editorial Media: Editorial website Industry sector: Media, design & publishing. Just into $$.

Edited by zxzoomy
text format was wrong
  • Love 1

On 02/11/2020 at 07:29, Steve F said:

At least they bathed fairly regularly. Most people during Elizabethan times only bathed several times a year, if that!

'What is bathing when you think about it - oil, sweat, filth, greasy water, everything loathsome.' 🙃

I have a bath once a year - whether I need it or not!🙃

John.

Grateful to have bagged one early doors.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Website ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 03-November-2020 ; End: 03-November-2025 ; Additional Details: Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

battle-of-britain-era-spitfire-mk1-with-pilot-ground-crew-engineer-re-enactors-discussing-apparent-battle-damage-supermarine-spitfire-mark-1-plane-MPE0X6.jpg

• Love 4

"I have a bath once a year - whether I need it or not!"🙃

The charming image of the family sharing bath water in a tin bath in front of a coal fire in the sitting room is getting to be a dim memory. Well not a memory for me, but a hundred years ago it was a reality for more than a few. In our comfortable Suffolk house, we had the central heating system upgraded a couple of weeks ago and quickly ran out of hot water.  For a few days things got pretty basic. If that's all we have to moan about, things must be OK. The wine rack looks healthy, we have good local shops and enough loo roll to reasonably last the coming month of lockdown. Now all we need is for some level of sensibility to return in the course of tonight's poll across the pond and we can all look forward  to long wintery evenings as we try to deal with what this pandemic is throwing at us. No snow for a while thanks!

Edited by Robert M Estall

On 02/11/2020 at 07:29, Steve F said:

I assume Marcus Aurelius knew how to do a proper military wash. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Started the month with a small sale.  (very small)  But, it's a start!

Burger King outside exterior logo sign in Montgomery Alabama, USA. Stock Photo

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 02-November-2020 ; Duration: In perpetuity ; 

Additional Details: Editorial website, any size, single use, but includes unlimited sharing across web and social media platforms, worldwide, in perpetuity.  

Region:  UK

Rick

• Love 1

On 03/11/2020 at 05:20, Robert M Estall said:

"I have a bath once a year - whether I need it or not!"🙃

The charming image of the family sharing bath water in a tin bath in front of a coal fire in the sitting room is getting to be a dim memory.

To the not so charming refrain from one child to another, “Don’t pee in the water!”  I’ve heard tales!