Images sold in November 2020

Crazy low amount. Sold for $4.08, which means I net $2.04. This is a valuable photo. I'm going to have to rethink this situation.

Usage: Editorial, Online Learning, editorial website/video use, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 04 November 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

indigenous-or-native-american-women-marc
Edited by The Blinking Eye
finally figured out how to not squash the photo~
  • Love 1

That was a quick sale, I haven't even done the supertags yet.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media - $$

Ruins of the Frontier Services Australia Inland Mission Clinic, formerly the Royal Hotel, built 1883, Birdsville, Queensland, Australia

2D54MHF.jpg

• Love 1

Alcohol: spirits and liqueurs on display and on sale on shelves at Waitrose supermarket, UK - Image ID: 2BD6F0K

alcohol-spirits-and-liqueurs-on-display-

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
End: 04 November 2025

• Love 1

5 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Crazy low amount. This is a valuable photo. I'm going to have to rethink this situation.

Hey! Low fees are disappointing. But we're not doing a commission for clients here, it's stock photography. It doesn't matter how unique the shot is or how long it took to set it up; it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. And you need to find someone that wants to buy any particular photo.

You could try a different agency - I'm not sure you would necessarily get higher fees. Or sell on your personal website only, but then, how do you get traffic to your website....?

Keep going, good to see you're making sales.

Steve

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

Hey! Low fees are disappointing. But we're not doing a commission for clients here, it's stock photography. It doesn't matter how unique the shot is or how long it took to set it up; it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. And you need to find someone that wants to buy any particular photo.

You could try a different agency - I'm not sure you would necessarily get higher fees. Or sell on your personal website only, but then, how do you get traffic to your website....?

Keep going, good to see you're making sales.

Steve

I know, I know. There's no other real route. I probably couldn't GIVE my photos away if I tried. 😒 But I still feel like a slut here sometimes. Seriously $2.00 for in perpetuity sale? It's almost not a sale at all. I'll use it for bragging rights and to keep my positive algorithms, but geez. This is hard work. I notice my photos are highly placed, which is good, I guess. I've been getting a lot of zooms. Search "USA Election", I have five photos on the first search page out of 265,814 photos. One person viewed 639 photos and mine was the only one zoomed. And it's been zoomed a couple of times. No sale.  <sigh> Steep climb. I feel like Sysiphus.

Thanks for your comment though, and the encouragement.

• Love 5

9 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

I know, I know. There's no other real route. I probably couldn't GIVE my photos away if I tried. 😒 But I still feel like a slut here sometimes. Seriously $2.00 for in perpetuity sale? It's almost not a sale at all. I'll use it for bragging rights and to keep my positive algorithms, but geez. This is hard work. I notice my photos are highly placed, which is good, I guess. I've been getting a lot of zooms. Search "USA Election", I have five photos on the first search page out of 265,814 photos. One person viewed 639 photos and mine was the only one zoomed. And it's been zoomed a couple of times. No sale.  <sigh> Steep climb. I feel like Sysiphus.

Thanks for your comment though, and the encouragement.

Wow, fantastic to have your photos so highly ranked. I'm often in a similar position with zooms, but no sales of zoomed pictures. I would encourage you to increase your portfolio size, although if you're really concentrating on high quality shots you think will be in demand, you can be more discerning with what you upload.

I try to be pragmatic with sales - more sales probably helps my ranking and the occasional larger sale keeps the overall average up....

Thanks, I learned something today - Sysiphus!!

Steve

p.s. it is harder work than a lot of people realise, but I think we all enjoy photography or we wouldn't be here

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Wow, fantastic to have your photos so highly ranked. I'm often in a similar position with zooms, but no sales of zoomed pictures. I would encourage you to increase your portfolio size, although if you're really concentrating on high quality shots you think will be in demand, you can be more discerning with what you upload.

I try to be pragmatic with sales - more sales probably helps my ranking and the occasional larger sale keeps the overall average up....

Thanks, I learned something today - Sysiphus!!

Steve

🤣Sysiphus...

I am pretty flabbergasted at how high my photos appear in searches. Which makes me want to upload more. I was uploading a few photos every day for a while (which is maybe why my algorithms are good?) then had a big lull as I stopped ever leaving the house. 🙂 But I'm starting to explore options again and went to my first protest in a really long time. There are more than enough events to take pictures of around here. Four out of the seven that I have sold have been from a single protest and three of them were versions of my photo above. So if anything, even the small sales teach me what people are looking for. It's an interesting process.

• Like 1

original-12-inch-album-pin-ups-by-david-bowie-vinyl-disc-released-19-october-1973-front-cover-2CCR0YN.jpg

Usage: Editorial, Online Learning, editorial website/video use, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity
25 MB
2949 x 2992 pixels
391KB compressed

Only $4.08 and $2.04 for me but a sale when it has been a month since the last one. Bought this in 1973 and wonder if I have recouped the original cost!

You can tell it's the original album sleeve by the yellowing of the cardboard at the edges.

Still listen to this sometimes.

Have a good day all.

Edited by Tony ALS
Wrong currency sign!
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Crazy low amount. Sold for $4.08, which means I net $2.04. This is a valuable photo. I'm going to have to rethink this situation.

Don't rethink anything, just keep shooting and uploading and I guarantee things will improve.  Don't forget, you've a small port at the moment, as it grows, so will the sales and prices.  Good luck!

2BM3AD0.jpg

Country: United Kingdom  Usage: Magazine, Any editorial digital use. Any Placement. Repeat use permitted
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Just into $$ but very welcome early in the month. Second time this has sold. 

1 hour ago, Tony ALS said:

original-12-inch-album-pin-ups-by-david-bowie-vinyl-disc-released-19-october-1973-front-cover-2CCR0YN.jpg

25 MB
2949 x 2992 pixels
391KB compressed

Only $4.08 and $2.04 for me but a sale when it has been a month since the last one. Bought this in 1973 and wonder if I have recouped the original cost!

You can tell it's the original album sleeve by the yellowing of the cardboard at the edges.

Have a good day all.

I love Bowie's version of See Emily Play, originally by Pink Floyd.

Apart from Sorrow, I feel this is a bit of a neglected album by Bowie. Maybe because it's all cover versions and not his own compositions ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I love Bowie's version of See Emily Play, originally by Pink Floyd.

Apart from Sorrow, I feel this is a bit of a neglected album by Bowie. Maybe because it's all cover versions and not his own compositions ?

He said the songs were his favourites of the time. I agree this album gets overlooked but I guess it wasn't commercial enough.

The luminous lettering on the reverse of the album cover I have found difficult to photograph as it seems to confuse the sensors on my admittedly basic Canon EOS100D.

Tried a couple of times but never seem to have enough time to get it right🤷‍♂️

After few days of uploading this image

75 State Street, Downtown Boston,Financial District, Boston, Massachusetts, USA Stock Photo

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Image Size: Any size

Mid $$

Edited by Abiyoyo

as well as this

People walking along Marginal Way, Ogunquit Beach, Ogunquit, Maine, USA Stock Photo

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)

Mid $$

Edited by Abiyoyo
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

🤣Sysiphus...

I am pretty flabbergasted at how high my photos appear in searches. Which makes me want to upload more. I was uploading a few photos every day for a while (which is maybe why my algorithms are good?) then had a big lull as I stopped ever leaving the house. 🙂 But I'm starting to explore options again and went to my first protest in a really long time. There are more than enough events to take pictures of around here. Four out of the seven that I have sold have been from a single protest and three of them were versions of my photo above. So if anything, even the small sales teach me what people are looking for. It's an interesting process.

agree.  but then you learn something and it gets contradicted with the next sale 🙂 . 

I thought i was slowly understanding what could be of interest in Alamy world vs what i was doing just to keep mentally active now that i am not on the move, but my last sale for mid $$ was for a protest of the type we get a lot in Ottawa because it's the Capital and it looks good to stand in front of parliament. I thought had zero chance of getting any attention. 

The protest was so small (50-60 people) i didn't even bother uploading through Live News, just did one global shot of everything, no individual signs, and then went for a nice walk along the river, only loading image next day.  and it sold within a month. 

so who knows.  

i think your imagery is great, loved your Orange shot!, so go have fun and do what you do best

3 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

Have a good day all.

Just for the sake of conversation... getting 50 % of the very low price you have obviously marked the image as exclusive. Some would say that album cover is a piece of art, which should not be marked as exclusive (according to Alamy). Some others might say it's only a cardboard package to protect vinyl record inside and maybe help to sell the product, just like - say - a box around toothpaste tube. 

What's your stand on this? Art or marketing?

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa

3 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

🙂 But I'm starting to explore options again and went to my first protest in a really long time. There are more than enough events to take pictures of around here. Four out of the seven that I have sold have been from a single protest and three of them were versions of my photo above. So if anything, even the small sales teach me what people are looking for. It's an interesting process.

I've sold either a single protest image multiple times, and multiple individual images from a protest, also sometimes unfortunately none. I am unlikely to add more to my port for a while as in Englands new lockdown political protests are banned. In the previous lockdown they weren't. I made sure I  photographed 2 XR protests last Saturday as it was most likely we were going into lockdown again, and we did today.

Edited by sb photos

55 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Just for the sake of conversation... getting 50 % of the very low price you have obviously marked the image as exclusive. Some would say that album cover is a piece of art, which should not be marked as exclusive (according to Alamy). Some others might say it's only a cardboard package to protect vinyl record inside and maybe help to sell the product, just like - say - a box around toothpaste tube. 

What's your stand on this? Art or marketing?

I guess it's both art and marketing. I have seen debates around how images should be marked and even more so on SS where the rules are restrictive for copyright and other reasons which I fully understand. As this isn't an appropriate thread for this I'll leave it there but at the end of the day any product wrapper will have an artist or designers input. Where lines are drawn is difficult IMHO.