Images sold in November 2020

Two images this month so far.

The Azuma high speed train operating on the East Coast Mainline. Sold several times.

2CB1MG6.jpg

That's an utterly awesome picture! 😮

Thanks Colblimp, Shot with a 12mm-24mm lens to get the depth of field at 1/4000 sec. to freeze the speed of the train traveling at about 130 m.p.h.. I was quite safe behind the metal fence.

Alan

• Love 4
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Crazy low amount. Sold for $4.08, which means I net $2.04. This is a valuable photo. I'm going to have to rethink this situation.

Usage: Editorial, Online Learning, editorial website/video use, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 04 November 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

You still own the original and it can be licensed more than once.

Other option is to try to develop contacts with newspaper and media photo editors, but payment for direct sales may not be as high as it used to be.

Setting up portfolios with Alamy is relatively hassle-free compare to working directly with clients, or teaching photography at a university, at least for me.

i suspect that the lowest licensing fees come from bulk deals.  Alamy's time also wouldn't be getting minimum wage if those deals were negotiated one to one. 

8 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Don't rethink anything, just keep shooting and uploading and I guarantee things will improve.  Don't forget, you've a small port at the moment, as it grows, so will the sales and prices.  Good luck!

OK I'll keep rolling the stone back up that hill! Thank you for the nudge. 🙂

• Love 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

agree.  but then you learn something and it gets contradicted with the next sale 🙂 . 

I thought i was slowly understanding what could be of interest in Alamy world vs what i was doing just to keep mentally active now that i am not on the move, but my last sale for mid $$ was for a protest of the type we get a lot in Ottawa because it's the Capital and it looks good to stand in front of parliament. I thought had zero chance of getting any attention. 

The protest was so small (50-60 people) i didn't even bother uploading through Live News, just did one global shot of everything, no individual signs, and then went for a nice walk along the river, only loading image next day.  and it sold within a month. 

so who knows.  

i think your imagery is great, loved your Orange shot!, so go have fun and do what you do best

One of the best parts of this endeavor has been meeting this great community. Thank you!

A friend of mine and I dress up to go to protests (though now I'm focusing on taking pictures), but we've noticed that you get way more media attention at smaller protests because you stand out more.

The four photos I've sold are from the San Francisco Womens March in January 2017 and they are still selling.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sb photos said:

I've sold either a single protest image multiple times, and multiple individual images from a protest, also sometimes unfortunately none. I am unlikely to add more to my port for a while as in Englands new lockdown political protests are banned. In the previous lockdown they weren't. I made sure I  photographed 2 XR protests last Saturday as it was most likely we were going into lockdown again, and we did today.

Wow. I don't think they can ban political protest here, whatever the case. It would be a legal can of worms. We had enormous protests here in June and studies showed that COVID didn't really get passed around because people were outside, moving around, even if not everyone was wearing masks all the time. There was no evidence of any kind of local spike afterward, unlike after Trump rallies where few wear masks and they all stand huddled together, often indoors.

3 hours ago, MizBrown said:

You still own the original and it can be licensed more than once.

Other option is to try to develop contacts with newspaper and media photo editors, but payment for direct sales may not be as high as it used to be.

Setting up portfolios with Alamy is relatively hassle-free compare to working directly with clients, or teaching photography at a university, at least for me.

i suspect that the lowest licensing fees come from bulk deals.  Alamy's time also wouldn't be getting minimum wage if those deals were negotiated one to one. 

Good points! Thanks.

On 04/11/2020 at 18:41, The Blinking Eye said:

Crazy low amount. Sold for $4.08, which means I net $2.04. This is a valuable photo. I'm going to have to rethink this situation

This is appalling really, the photo is indeed very powerful and informative. It should definitely be several tens of dollars. Still though, congratulations on the sale, and great new additions of marches and the ballot.

Let's hope the crazy times end, and civility returns to the office of the president.

• Love 2

I took this last month.

The smoke flare colours represent the Armenian tricolour flag. There is ethnic cleansing and cultural destruction going on.

Photo used in a magazine within the European Union.

pro-armenian-protest-highlighting-and-raising-awareness-of-the-nagorno-karabakh-conflict-between-armenia-and-azerbaijan-whitehall-london-uk-2D5G83T.jpg

Pro Armenian protest highlighting and raising awareness of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Whitehall, London, UK.

• Love 4

Bicycle tyre inner tube dispenser. Germany. Mid $$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 05 November 2020
End: 05 November 2025

continental-vending-machine-for-bicycle-

• Love 2

7 minutes ago, Webby said:

Bicycle tyre inner tube dispenser. Germany. Mid $$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 05 November 2020
End: 05 November 2025

continental-vending-machine-for-bicycle-

That's one of many things that I like about Germany and Austria. Vending machines in the street, for all sorts of stuff; be it sweets, healthcare, toiletries, cigarettes, food etc.

In the UK machines like that in the street would be vandalised in no time !

• Love 3

2 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

That's one of many things that I like about Germany and Austria. Vending machines in the street, for all sorts of stuff; be it sweets, healthcare, toiletries, cigarettes, food etc.

They have railway tracks in Austria that run through villages with no barriers or fences. Generally a lot less litter around too. But also much much less densely populated than the UK.....

4 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I lived in Germany for many years in the 70/80's and never saw one of these. This was from a holiday few years ago. 

13 hours ago, AlexG said:

This is appalling really, the photo is indeed very powerful and informative. It should definitely be several tens of dollars. Still though, congratulations on the sale, and great new additions of marches and the ballot.

Let's hope the crazy times end, and civility returns to the office of the president.

Thanks! The photos of the woman holding the American flag wearing the ByeDon shirt keep getting zoomed. This thread has encouraged me to upload a bunch more photos, so I'll hopefully reach 500 soon. Yes, Biden has won and I think we can ease our hearts a little, but so many challenges remain.

• Love 2

12 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I took this last month.

The smoke flare colours represent the Armenian tricolour flag. There is ethnic cleansing and cultural destruction going on.

Photo used in a magazine within the European Union.

pro-armenian-protest-highlighting-and-raising-awareness-of-the-nagorno-karabakh-conflict-between-armenia-and-azerbaijan-whitehall-london-uk-2D5G83T.jpg

Pro Armenian protest highlighting and raising awareness of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Whitehall, London, UK.

Really nice photo. There have been pro-Armenian protests here in San Francisco, one was across the Golden Gate Bridge. There was another one on the same day of the Women's March I attended. Unfortunately, my SD card ran out of space so I couldn't capture any pictures of them.

3 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Really nice photo. There have been pro-Armenian protests here in San Francisco, one was across the Golden Gate Bridge. There was another one on the same day of the Women's March I attended. Unfortunately, my SD card ran out of space so I couldn't capture any pictures of them.

Take spare SD cards and if you're using a Sony a6000, a spare battery. 

• Love 2

Cherry Pipes Limited HGV. M6 Northbound carriageway, Shap, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

cherry-pipes-limited-hgv-m6-northbound-carriageway-shap-cumbria-england-united-kingdom-europe-PW599F.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 06 November 2020
End: 06 November 2025

$$