Images sold in November 2020

2 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

It was the Dutch gables and the turret that got me. The Dutch influence is not surprise.

A bit more like Belgian, Flemish. Aren't there a lot of things or people called Fleming over there?

wim

3 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

A bit more like Belgian, Flemish. Aren't there a lot of things or people called Fleming over there?

wim

That's what I mean. Dutch gable is the English term and a bit of a  generalisation. Wikipedia reckons they're synonymous with Flemish gable anyway.

19 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

That's what I mean. Dutch gable is the English term and a bit of a  generalisation. Wikipedia reckons they're synonymous with Flemish gable anyway.

Ah I see, what we call a stepped gable I guess. 

wim

13 minutes ago, Sally said:

A $$ editorial sale for a magazine in.....Belgium. Wonder what for (Scottish school children)

school-children-at-davidsons-mains-prima

Hi Sally, nice sale. I'm curious - children and in a school. Were you there in an official capacity? I never photograph children (maybe my own when they're older!), I just don't feel comfortable doing it these days. 

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Webby said:

Nottingham City Hall.  mid $$

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Promotional brochures/ leaflets/inserts
Industry sector: General business services
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 16 November 2020
End: 16 November 2021
Includes web use

nottingham-city-hall-and-shops-in-the-ma

Jumping in that fountain seemed to make sense at the end of a long evening ending up in Yates wine lodge in summer 1975.

I don't remember it well. 

This years theme for the Yorkshire Dales village of Redmire annual scarecrow competition being Covid 19 and the Lockdown.

Came across this annual comp. whilst on holiday in Redmire this September. Uploaded this image plus several other scarecrows from the event to Alamy Live News. $$$, should pay for the holiday.

Alan

2CPX12Y.jpg

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Steve F said:

Hi Sally, nice sale. I'm curious - children and in a school. Were you there in an official capacity? I never photograph children (maybe my own when they're older!), I just don't feel comfortable doing it these days. 

Yes, I was there for an event for Comic Relief. On sale for editorial only. Amazingly, I was the only photographer who bothered to turn up.

Edited by Sally
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

This years theme for the Yorkshire Dales village of Redmire annual scarecrow competition being Covid 19 and the Lockdown.

Came across this annual comp. whilst on holiday in Redmire this September. Uploaded this image plus several other scarecrows from the event to Alamy Live News. $$$, should pay for the holiday.

Alan

2CPX12Y.jpg

Scarecrow competitions seem to be all the rage at the moment. Had a Live News pic in The Times (Scotland) today. This one

dirleton-east-lothian-scotland-uk-dirlet

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

wim

We are very familiar with this style in Leith, Edinburgh, and it’s also very prominent in the fishing villages at the Eastern end of the Fife coast (the ‘East Neuk’). All to do with the trading links going back centuries between Scotland and the Low Countries. Best example is Lambs House in Leith, which was a Hanseatic merchant’s house. I love the original ‘wind doors’ aka windows. Now I am straying well off topic....

leith-edinburgh-scotland-united-kingdom-

Edited by Sally

Only my second licence this month, but not too bad at lowish $$$. First time Alamy has licenced this image, but second overall. Now exclusive. Direct sale.

Usage: Indoor display
Media: Non commercial display
Industry sector: Government (local, regional, national)
Print run: 1
Image Size: up to 1/8 area
Start: 17 November 2020
End: 17 November 2023

bulk-carrier-loading-cargo-at-the-port-of-newcastle-nsw-australia-BNGCK5.jpg

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Sally said:

We are very familiar with this style in Leith, Edinburgh, and it’s also very prominent in the fishing villages at the Eastern end of the Fife coast (the ‘East Neuk’). All to do with the trading links going back centuries between Scotland and the Low Countries. Best example is Lambs House in Leith, which was a Hanseatic merchant’s house. I love the original ‘wind doors’ aka windows. Now I am straying well off topic....

leith-edinburgh-scotland-united-kingdom-

I thought that looked familiar. It's not the view from your house is it? Because some years ago part of our family stayed a couple of days in the flat one or two floors down and we visited. No pix from the flat I'm afraid.

It was the summer when they had the Fingal in dazzle paint, more or less up the street from there (one pic in light rain 😁).

wim

7 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

I thought that looked familiar. It's not the view from your house is it? Because some years ago part of our family stayed a couple of days in the flat one or two floors down and we visited. No pix from the flat I'm afraid.

It was the summer when they had the Fingal in dazzle paint, more or less up the street from there (one pic in light rain 😁).

wim

Yes, it’s a view from a flat in Water Street. There are not supposed to be any short term lets in the building - an ongoing issue of concern to owners - but they have decreased over recent years. I also have photos of the dazzle ship which is now Fingal Edinburgh, a luxury floating hotel. In fact, I need to create a composite of the ship in its various stages as I have a lot of photos of it.

1 minute ago, Sally said:

Yes, it’s a view from a flat in Water Street. There are not supposed to be any short term lets in the building - an ongoing issue of concern to owners - but they have decreased over recent years. I also have photos of the dazzle ship which is now Fingal Edinburgh, a luxury floating hotel. In fact, I need to create a composite of the ship in its various stages as I have a lot of photos of it.

Sorry for the OT guys, we have no PM here.

No it was not short term rental. No rent involved. It was simply the flat of friends of my wife's cousin. My wife and I stayed with them in their flat right behind Fettes. They have a house on the coast as well. I think those people in your building have a house somewhere else also. The one behind Fettes used to be for their children when they were students. So it's not huge. Not big enough for our modest family reunion (Holland; Poland; Scotland; London and Cambridge) anyway.

They did explain that half of Edinburgh is living rent-free 10 months of the year from renting out their flats the other 2 months.

wim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Sorry for the OT guys, we have no PM here.

No it was not short term rental. No rent involved. It was simply the flat of friends of my wife's cousin. My wife and I stayed with them in their flat right behind Fettes. They have a house on the coast as well. I think those people in your building have a house somewhere else also. The one behind Fettes used to be for their children when they were students. So it's not huge. Not big enough for our modest family reunion (Holland; Poland; Scotland; London and Cambridge) anyway.

They did explain that half of Edinburgh is living rent-free 10 months of the year from renting out their flats the other 2 months.

wim

No problem Wim. As many know AirBnB lets in Edinburgh, like elsewhere, are a controversial issue so we get a bit jittery about it. 

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/B8YTN9/the-united-states-department-of-the-interior-doi-headquarters-in-washington-B8YTN9.jpg

Thank you Alamy for the widening of this space! This one is now 999px wide and it came with the Keep the ratio box ticked when dragged from the Zoom page.

Department of the Interior DC. Worldwide marketing $$$.

wim

• Love 2