Images sold in November 2020

5 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Thank you Alamy for the widening of this space! This one is now 999px wide and it came with the Keep the ratio box ticked when dragged from the Zoom page.

Department of the Interior DC. Worldwide marketing $$$.

wim

Triple-'Liked' on both counts (***px & ***$)!

: )

• Love 1

Only way i was going to get the shot is by letting him pose, but it seems to have worked  (i did try to get a few extra non posed shot after, but those weren't as good)

Low $$

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in an editorial newsletter.
Start: 16 November 2020
End: 16 November 2025

ottawa-canada-american-visitor-to-the-city-posing-sitting-next-to-the-oscar-peterson-statue-in-city-core-2C4M8WX.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Good. Posed is fine if it works. Did you know that Oscar used to sing once every set? He sounded exactly like Nat King Cole. And they already had the original. 

didn't know.  the statue only "plays" music, which is still a nice touch.

Usage: Website, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 17 November 2020
End: 17 November 2025

Mid $$

narrow-stone-street-in-the-old-city-vigo

RM

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in an editorial newsletter.
Start: 17 November 2020
End: 17 November 2025

The usual US price $$

Ohio State University - Alamy has licensed this for me 3 or 4 times now. Took it when my daughter and I looked at the school before she even began there. 

university-hall-the-ohio-state-university-columbus-ohio-with-the-american-F2WWEN.jpg

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 2

I downloaded my sales to see the region of the sales and two more sales popped up for today. I hope this is a sign of things to come. This one is personal use for the full US price. I'd make much more had I sold a print myself, but it does appear to be appropriate for personal use and with three sales in a row, bringing me to 5 so far this month, I won't complain. 

Rockefeller State Park in Pleasantville, NY, the next town over from where I live. 

fall-in-new-york-state-at-rockefeller-state-park-preserve-beautiful-autumn-leaves-reflected-in-swan-lake-2A9MN66.jpg

RF

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ; 45.6 MB;4608 x 3456 pixels;2.4 MB compressed ;  Start: 18-November-2020 ; End: 18-November-2025 ; 

Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists.  Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

Edited by Marianne
Because it turns out the other image I'm posting is nearby so I added location
  • Love 2

This one is Rockwood Hall, in Sleepy Hollow, NY part of the same complex of parkland donated by the Rockefellers to New York State as in the image above, obviously a different time of year. I sold a nice print of this earlier this month on Fine Art America and Alamy has licensed it for me in the past. It was one of the very first images I took with my Sony a7rii a couple of years ago. I powered up a battery when the camera arrived on my doorstep, and went out into the cold and soon dark February afternoon as soon as it was ready. It's a favorite of mine, the sun setting over the Hudson River. 

The small print sale netted me more than the three sales I've posted today, but I'm very happy to see such an uptick in sales here. It's really encouraging! 

sleepy-hollow-new-york-usa-15-february-2018-usa-weather-a-stunning-M4G5N8.jpg

RM

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Presentation or newsletters ;  Start: 18-November-2020 ; End: 18-November-2025 ; 

Additional Details: Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter. The full US price $$ shown online.

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Marianne said:

Rockefeller State Park in Pleasantville, NY, the next town over from where I live. 

I know Pleasantville (a fitting name), my daughter did her first year of nursing school at Pace University in Pleasantville...before she transferred to a school closer to home.  Made a few visits, really liked that area of New York! 

29 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I know Pleasantville (a fitting name), my daughter did her first year of nursing school at Pace University in Pleasantville...before she transferred to a school closer to home.  Made a few visits, really liked that area of New York! 

It's very pretty. My mom and one of my nieces both went to Pace Law School. The Pace campus is just a couple of miles from our house. 

Being an hour from midtown Manhattan it's amazing how rustic it is for the suburbs, but we are at the northern end, not far from Putnam, a much more rural county even today. We used to live in Scarsdale, about 20 minutes south, which is very pretty but much more built up. Most of our town has 1-2 acre zoning so houses are pretty spread out. 

• Love 1

Kipparlahti pier for small motorboats in Herttoniemenranta district of Helsinki, Finland Stock PhotoNeitojenranta residential buildings by the sea in Herttoniemenranta district of Helsinki, Finland Stock PhotoHietalahti shipyard in evening sun in Helsinki, Finland Stock PhotoMotion freeze in the middle of a skateboard trick Stock Photohakaniemi-bridge-over-siltavuorensalmi-w

Five sales dropped in yesterday. Maybe "drop" is not the right verb as  one of these was used May 5th and I've been reminding Alamy  about invoicing several times.

Distributor sale, so I earned $ 1.69 for each. At least two of them were used by Finnish Broadcasting company YLE (Finnish equivalent for BBC).

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11336433

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11411407

Ambivalent feelings. As a tax payer I'm happy YLE is not throwing money away. As a stock photographer I'm not happy being exploited like this. 

• Like 1

Affiliate sale to the US -magazines and books, for mid $$.

Visited the Weald and Downland open air museum in Sussex a few weeks ago where they film the BBC series The Repair Shop, and was lucky to see them filming the Christmas episode with the barn and scene covered with fake snow. I'm a bit surprised to see a sale to the US, but maybe it's also shown there.

filming-a-christmas-episode-of-bbc-television-series-the-repair-shop-in-west-sussex-uk-with-fake-snow-covering-the-scene-2D6RT8H.jpg

• Love 2

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/CP2FRD/kingsday-kings-day-kings-day-in-amsterdam-canal-parade-in-the-prinsengracht-CP2FRD.jpg

Germany Book Inside $$

860px seems to be it now. The whole image is 1300px. That's too wide a  warning says and it does let you put in 1000px, but reverts to 860px.

wim

edit: no idea how Michael's pizzagate image is wider than 860px. Maybe it's a conspiracy after all.

Edited by wiskerke
testing
  • Love 2