Images sold in October 2020

13 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I have a background in teaching, so I don't mind students having access to images at low prices (but maybe not this low). However, I don't know why they would need full-size files "in perpetuity" to illustrate essays and projects. Surely smaller files would do the trick for these types of educational use.

On more than one occasion I have found Alamy's pricing structure strange but either we live with it or remove our images I suppose. I could say a lot more but won't however I think in fairness I must say there are many worse photo libraries out there. 

Edited by Bill Allsopp

I have some of my images included in this offering from Britannica - they are all low res and limited to education use by subscribers. 

I don't understand why Alamy don't offer something similar in conjunction with major educational publishers. 

https://britannica.co.uk/products/uk-schools/britannica-imagequest/

And then try to 'upsell' once this new market has been developed.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1

This was really one of those photos that I thought would never sell in a month of Sundays. Goodness knows how someone found it, keywording and caption are terrible for this. First sale of the month, yay!

Low $$

PU??

Graffiti on a wall in Venice, "Let's Strike" - Image ID: GFFJ8C

graffiti-on-a-wall-in-venice-lets-strike

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 4
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I have some of my images included in this offering from Britannica - they are all low res and limited to education use by subscribers. 

I don't understand why Alamy don't offer something similar in conjunction with major educational publishers. 

https://britannica.co.uk/products/uk-schools/britannica-imagequest/

And then try to 'upsell' once this new market has been developed.

Good suggestion. Are the Britannica images free? If not, what does Britannica typically charge?

Low-cost, low-res images for student use makes sense. However, why give away full-size files for $0.99 when it isn't necessary. Pardon me for saying so, but this isn't fair to contributors.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Good suggestion. Are the Britannica images free? If not, what does Britannica typically charge?

Low-cost, low-res images for student use makes sense. However, why give away full-size files for $0.99 when it isn't necessary. Pardon me for saying so, but this isn't fair to contributors.

Not free, they charge a subscription fee to users.  Quite a hefty one I would think but they don't advertise what it is up front.

A share of the subscription money is then available to reward image providers - each 'use' of an image is recorded and attracts a micro payment - View, Zoom, Download, Sent by Email etc - all this user activity is then tallied up and used to divide the pot amongst providers.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Not free, they charge a subscription fee to users.  Quite a hefty one I would think but they don't advertise what it is up front.

A share of the subscription money is then available to reward image providers - each 'use' of an image is recorded and attracts a micro payment - View, Zoom, Download, Sent by Email etc - all this user activity is then tallied up and used to divide the pot amongst providers.

Thanks. Sounds interesting. A controlled subscription model makes a good deal of sense for this type of usage.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2020 at 10:12, losdemas said:

Always good to have a sale near the beginning of the month.

'Multiple editorial', mid-$$, 50-year licence...can someone please check on reuses for me?🤣 🤣🤣

Exterior of a chemists pharmacy at night Stock Photo

Good grief! They are surely not expecting the COVID crisis to go on THAT long?

Allan

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Good grief! They are surely not expecting the COVID crisis to go on THAT long?

Allan

😄 I won't be hanging around to find out! 😄

Edited by losdemas

After 2 months of drought and occasion sigh...

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Any size.cover or inside.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 05 October 2020
End: 05 October 2022

a-vertical-view-of-guoco-tower-singapore

A couple of 'A' referenced images licenced overnight, for commercial use....

This one has licenced three times now, and has earnt me more than what I earned from driving the truck (artic, or semi-trailer truck).

driving vehicle night lights as seen from a lorry (truck) cab / driving concept Stock Photo

driving vehicle night lights as seen from a lorry (truck) cab / driving concept

5 hours ago, rickygui said:

After 2 months of drought and occasion sigh...

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Any size.cover or inside.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 05 October 2020
End: 05 October 2022

a-vertical-view-of-guoco-tower-singapore

I was interested in all the orange roofs and looked up the image to learn about them. They aren't even mentioned in your caption or keywords. Is this a special housing district of some kind? Just curious. I'm not familiar with Singapore.

Paulette

48 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I was interested in all the orange roofs and looked up the image to learn about them. They aren't even mentioned in your caption or keywords. Is this a special housing district of some kind? Just curious. I'm not familiar with Singapore.

Paulette

Tanjong Pagar is in the keywords. Google maps.

wim