Images sold in October 2020

An extremely rare distributor sale popped in last night. I don't allow Personal Use sales, and for some reason Alamy state that if you put a restriction of no PU licences, then you may lose out on distributor sales. This was for a magazine use in the Netherlands...

two-people-meeting-in-the-street-in-london-uk-CRGFWY.jpg

Two people meeting in the street in London, UK.

• Love 6

First sale for a higher value than a PU, high $$, feels good  😀 

By the way, there are two different "duration", which one should be considered?

Image use: Editorial

Details of use: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Image Size: 1 page

Print run: up to 2 million

Placement: Inside

Duration: up to 5 years

Additional Details: Rights granted for print and electronic use;

Duration: One week ;17-OCT-2020

2C9313F.jpg

• Love 6

56 minutes ago, Thiago Trevisan said:

First sale for a higher value than a PU, high $$, feels good  😀 

By the way, there are two different "duration", which one should be considered?

Image use: Editorial

Details of use: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Image Size: 1 page

Print run: up to 2 million

Placement: Inside

Duration: up to 5 years

Additional Details: Rights granted for print and electronic use;

Duration: One week ;17-OCT-2020

I always assume that the short licence applies to the print use and the longer to the web.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

An extremely rare distributor sale popped in last night. I don't allow Personal Use sales, and for some reason Alamy state that if you put a restriction of no PU licences, then you may lose out on distributor sales. This was for a magazine use in the Netherlands...

two-people-meeting-in-the-street-in-london-uk-CRGFWY.jpg

Two people meeting in the street in London, UK.

Great image! I'll keep an eye out. Any more details?

wim

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Great image! I'll keep an eye out. Any more details?

wim

Thank you Wim.

It was in an editorial magazine in the Netherlands, print run 10,000. Dated 1st September. Also in digital format too.

I have a portrait version of the same scene too. Intention was for book cover use. Both have been licenced several times over the years, but not for book use !

Phil

(to think i was going to be funny and post in the  "how was october" that i refuse to give up hope for the month, even though i've only had one weekend sale before!!)

so 2nd saturday sale ever!  😀

Full price personal use.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ; Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ; Start: 31-October-2020 ; End: 31-October-2025 ;
Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

car-traffic-on-main-street-of-colourful-facades-of-the-houses-in-bo-kaap-cape-town-featuring-an-original-green-beetle-RPK1MG.jpg

funny almost didn't upload this as i didn't like the composition with the cut off SUV, and the sticking out Aloe (which i should remove, but didn't since it was editorial and at first i had qualms in modifying editorials.... )

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Runic inscription on the large Jelling rune stone from the tenth century raised by King Harald Bluetooth in Jelling. Stock Photo

Runic inscription on the large Jelling rune stone from the 10th century raised
by King Harald Bluetooth in Jelling. 
End of month sale - lower $$$ - Worldwide - 

multiple educational editorial use only. First bluetooth message ever sent.

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Love 3

On 31/10/2020 at 14:47, meanderingemu said:

(to think i was going to be funny and post in the  "how was october" that i refuse to give up hope for the month, even though i've only had one weekend sale before!!)

so 2nd saturday sale ever!  😀

Full price personal use.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ; Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ; Start: 31-October-2020 ; End: 31-October-2025 ;
Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

car-traffic-on-main-street-of-colourful-facades-of-the-houses-in-bo-kaap-cape-town-featuring-an-original-green-beetle-RPK1MG.jpg

funny almost didn't upload this as i didn't like the composition with the cut off SUV, and the sticking out Aloe (which i should remove, but didn't since it was editorial and at first i had qualms in modifying editorials.... )

What a fun shot, so colourful!!...  love the green VW bug :)

5 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

Runic inscription on the large Jelling rune stone from the 10th century raised
by King Harald Bluetooth in Jelling. 
End of month sale - lower $$$ - Worldwide - 

multiple educational editorial use only. First bluetooth message ever sent.

Love it! 😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sharon said:

What a fun shot, so colourful!!...  love the green VW bug :)

thank you.  Bo Kaap is just such an amazing spot in Cape Town, i wonder if i'll ever be able to go back.  This was just an odd spot, so i wasn't really ready when the VW showed up.   But hey it sold, so i guess it's fine 😉 

WHBM3G.jpg

Northern Rebellion protesters, part of the global movement Extinction Rebellion, marched through Manchester, uk, and held a series of die-ins to urge for action on climate change on September 2nd, 2019. Protest sites included Barclays Bank, a Primark store and HSBC Bank. This was the fourth day of a protest which blocked Deansgate, a main road in central Manchester.

Country: World English Language Usage: Distribution worldwide English language, Discounted re-use Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Decent $$

• Love 1

WB8P6D.jpg

Primark store in Market Street spells its name in rainbow letters. Manchester, uk, city centre goes rainbow themed to celebrate LGBT Pride 2019. As businesses recognise the spending power of lesbians and gay men more of them are decorating their facades and shop windows with rainbow displays for the annual Pride period.

Country: Slovenia Usage: Editorial Media: Editorial website Industry sector: General business services $ but all sales welcome.

• Love 1

On 15/10/2020 at 23:29, MariaJ said:

Hand stitched Christmas ornament with the word Noel embroidered on it. Handmade needlepoint Christmas decoration hanging on the tree. Stock Photo

Image 2AX5KN6

I don't think I've had a UK television sale before.  Happy that my mom's needlepoint will be on TV!  If someone happens to see this on the telly (likely around Christmas), would you let me know?

Maria

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show

Hi Maria

spotted your image on the BBC quiz show ‘House of Games’ broadcast 4th November 2020. Image was cropped around the needle point (cross stitch as they used on the show) 

Dave

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave Handson said:

Hi Maria

spotted your image on the BBC quiz show ‘House of Games’ broadcast 4th November 2020. Image was cropped around the needle point (cross stitch as they used on the show) 

Dave

Well spotted!

On 04/11/2020 at 11:31, Dave Handson said:

Hi Maria

Dave

Thanks so much Dave!  My mom's cross-stitch made it to television,  wow.  She passed away last year so knowing her work appeared on the telly makes me happy.

Maria

• Love 1