How often do you check for sales?

I must admit to multiple checks during a normal day. More than multiple. Many! Too many. 

I think it would be better to resist and check maybe only a few times a week but can never manage that. Or perhaps just once a day. 

Not sure of the psychology of it. Seeing a good sale obviously gives a good boost. Seeing a pathetic sale often is worse than nothing. Almost.

Nothing is worse than nothing. 🤔  

Before I joined some MS sites, it was once a day.  There's so much action on those sites that I tend to keep them open and click about 5 times per day.  Since Alamy is also open, I tend to click here too, usually to no avail.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Maybe half a dozen times per day. More on 'newspaper day' as they often continue to build up as the day goes on. Like Reimar, I have a number of tabs open which need updating so I run from left to right across all the tabs

24 minutes ago, Abiyoyo said:

A few. I would like to receive an email every time that there is a sale. Should not be too difficult to enable/disable to have those notifications.

It should be possible, but as everything is really stretched at present might be 'they will get around to it one day'. Remembering back I'm sure I got an email from Alamy when I made my first sale.

I usually check for sales every few days, then every day during the last week of the month.

42 minutes ago, Abiyoyo said:

A few. I would like to receive an email every time that there is a sale. Should not be too difficult to enable/disable to have those notifications.

As I remember the story David Sanger had his phone set up to sound an alarm every time he got an Alamy sale, and he got many. No idea of the technology that was used - something to do with an alarm when a webpage updates.

Edited by geogphotos

Err.... More than I'm willing to admit. OCD at it's best. The question is, does anyone carry out any ritual to get a sale come in? Say, by standing on one foot and touching you nose you got sales a couple of times. How often do you do your ritual now? Oh goodie, let's talk about confirmation bias... 🙃

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Well, of course, Steve—but I won't be telling you what my ritual is. That could mean bad karma. 🙃

Seriously, I am under the impression that everything, including sales and zooms, are updated once a day. ???

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

Well, of course, Steve—but I won't be telling you what my ritual is. That could mean bad karma. 🙃

Seriously, I am under the impression that everything, including sales and zooms, are updated once a day. ???

The downloadable sales report seems (?) to be updated more often. I sometimes see sales pop up in the morning and then again later in the day, but perhaps I'm hallucinating. Also, since the pandemic struck, sales reporting appears to be less predictable. I guess this could have something to do with people working from home or Starbucks.

Once or twice a day after noon here so the next day in the UK.  Also check to see what showed up in searches at the same time.   Once, the second check of the day showed a new sale, normally not.

Way back in the day when we ran programs on a mainframe through remote terminals, I would tell people that the more they clicked on the job status, the faster it would run.

13 hours ago, Steve F said:

Err.... More than I'm willing to admit. OCD at it's best. The question is, does anyone carry out any ritual to get a sale come in? Say, by standing on one foot and touching you nose you got sales a couple of times. How often do you do your ritual now? Oh goodie, let's talk about confirmation bias... 🙃

Steve - I thought it was only me with rituals. Looks like a few here do that 🙂 . Unfortunately my rituals haven't worked yet for this month.

I check few times a day although I have seen my sales always reported before 7:00 AM GMT . All the checks I do after that time are to do with my OCD 🙂

• Love 1