How often do you check for sales?

Once a day when I turn the  computer on in the morning. Mainly depressing but occasionally "Oh joy!"

Allan

• Love 1

First thing in the morning is probably enough but there do seem to be some zooms show up later in the morning. I used to check late Friday afternoons when there seemed to be an end of week flurry. But that doesn't seem to happen these days. Frequent viewing sounds a lot like watching for the old kettle to boil

Edited by Robert M Estall

At the begining, with very few images...once in a while.

Later on, after discovering this forum and regularly increasing my port...once a day in the morning. But not only for sales, but for zooms, and mainly searches...which help me to fine-tune some keywords. And keeping stats.

Nowdays...one in the morning, another in the afternoon, another at night...too much! I have that compulsive syndrome.

I'm almost sure sales only update once in a day for me...so pointless to do it more than once.

My rituals usually don't give me good luck...should change them. Some advices? ;) 

Edited by shearwater

1 hour ago, shearwater said:

I'm almost sure sales only update once in a day for me...so pointless to do it more than once.

When I check Alamy Measures, then Your Images, it displays 'Last Updated on : 29 Jul 2020 09:52 GMT' so I assume that's when everything was updated. Most days its either side of 09:30. Previously uploaded images appear for sale earlier though.

Edited by sb photos

14 minutes ago, sb photos said:

When I check Alamy Measures, then Your Images, it displays 'Last Updated on : 29 Jul 2020 09:52 GMT' so I assume that's when everything was updated. Most days its either side of 09:30. Previously uploaded images appear for sale earlier though.

I assume the sales report updates continuously during the day and night. PUs and presentations possibly show as soon as the customer purchases, and other licenses when the Alamy staff enter them. Seems that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

I assume the sales report updates continuously during the day and night. PUs and presentations possibly show as soon as the customer purchases, and other licenses when the Alamy staff enter them. Seems that way.

That's correct that sales update continuously during the day, but views and zooms once a day usually about 9:30am.

John.

No sales showing yet today...............................still no sales showing today.........................still no sales showing today.....................................still no sales showing today..............

Also, do you check the Sales History page ("see all sales") or the Download Sales Report page?

The latter updates far more regularly - you don't actually have to download it.

If you do Sales History and not Download Sales Report, we look forward to welcoming you to the 50 Times A Day Club.

• Like 1

It too makes sense that sales appears during all day...as some pointed: PU's, distribution batchs, individual sales enter by the staff...

But I have never "catch" a sale in the middle...not being in the morning and appearing in the afternoon. Oh, well....it is for sure because I only have a sale per month on average. 29 days dissapointed...only one surprised! 😲

• Love 2

Irregularly but often.  I check the Net revenue sales report set to date of invoice as that updates in real time.  I only look at the Sales history the next day to see the terms of the license.

Pearl

On 29/07/2020 at 16:48, sb photos said:

I'm finally getting back to you, Steve, on that important piece of information — the date and time of the daily update. That tells us what we need to know. Thanks.

Edited by Ed Rooney

Jean-François, I hope I'm not putting my foot in my mouth again, but I notice that many of your images are submitted as Live News, not Stock. I don't do Live News, but I would think that would be on a different timetable. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Jean-François, I hope I'm not putting my foot in my mouth again, but I notice that many of your images are submitted as Live News, not Stock. I don't do Live News, but I would think that would be on a different timetable. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong. 

not from reporting perspective that i can notice. and so far only 20% of my sales actually came from LiveNews timeliness that i can see, so most of  my sales are stock.