Post a bad thing that happened in your life today

Ed Rooney

This is not exactly that something else bad happened, it's more that nothing is happening. The new year is off to a slow, bumpy start. Alamy keeps changing my January payout date. That is normally on the first. Today it says the 4th, which is today, but there's no payout yet. TransferWise and my NYC bank are also dragging their feet on a transfer that I made on the first.

Covid jabs, lockdowns, lorry lines to France? Don't ask.

I'm not referring to when I receive the payment, Mark. My comment was that Alamy hasn't sent the payment yet. Is Boris behind this? 

No no, not a political comment—I love Boris and the Torys and Labor and the BBC and Brexit and the EU and beer.

23 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'm not referring to when I receive the payment, Mark. My comment was that Alamy hasn't sent the payment yet. Is Boris behind this? 

No no, not a political comment—I love Boris and the Torys and Labor and the BBC and Brexit and the EU and beer.

BBC still hasn't paid me for a February usage, so they are on my bad list.     

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Is Boris behind this? 

I am guessing that he is very busy at the moment wondering how to break the news of how much it pains him to have to break the news that England will soon enter full lockdown until springtime at the earliest (although the timescale will not be stated as such - probably until the end of January and reviewed then)

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Alamy hasn't sent the payment yet.

I'm sure balance of account will go to "fund transfer originated" tomorrow, and arrive on Thursday.

Edit: net revenue has just gone to showing December clearances as paid.

Edited by spacecadet

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

This is not exactly that something else bad happened, it's more that nothing is happening. The new year is off to a slow, bumpy start. Alamy keeps changing my January payout date. That is normally on the first. Today it says the 4th, which is today, but there's no payout yet. TransferWise and my NYC bank are also dragging their feet on a transfer that I made on the first.

Covid jabs, lockdowns, lorry lines to France? Don't ask.

Just got my notice of payment from Alamy, so I am sure pipes are being thawed out and the flow of cash is coming along to those getting a payout.

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

2021 just kicked off with the refund of a PU sale. 🙄

Sorry to hear that John.   It had me scampering to download a sales report, as I've had a load of PUs recently. 

No news is good news I guess. 🙃

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Sorry to hear that John.   It had me scampering to download a sales report, as I've had a load of PUs recently. 

No news is good news I guess. 🙃

I had four PU sales in December, including the one that was refunded today, so I'm hoping there won't be more post-Xmas returns. 🤞

34 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I had four PU sales in December, including the one that was refunded today, so I'm hoping there won't be more post-Xmas returns. 🤞

Just being nosey John but what was the subject?

Cheers.

On 29/12/2020 at 13:20, aphperspective said:

The saga continues, looking like a dodgy fuel pump (its in the tank). A pressure test will tell. To be continued.😒

My Car problem has turned out to be a blocked 2nd stage catalytic converter, only good news its allot cheaper than a first stage replacement.🙂

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

My Car problem has turned out to be a blocked 2nd stage catalytic converter, only good news its allot cheaper than a first stage replacement.🙂

Crumbs.

Tell us more if you know it. How blocked?

At least you didn't have No. 1 son's problem, his Maserati ate its own platinum sponge. Cost £3000 to fish it out of the engine.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Crumbs.

Tell us more if you know it. How blocked?

At least you didn't have No. 1 son's problem, his Maserati ate its own platinum sponge. Cost £3000 to fish it out of the engine.

I have no idea how it got blocked, just a guess burning dirty fuel or just an age thing. On a Golf there are 2 Cats, the first is part of the exhaust manifold and hence V pricey thankfully the second is further back under the car, just 1 tube and bits. 

Over here in the USA, catalytic converters has become one of the most popular things to steal. An experienced crook with a battery powered metal saw can get one off in a couple of minutes. Precious metals are in them.

Auto sales lots and companies with a large fleet of autos/trucks for their business are coming to work and finding many catalytic converters removed.

A part of my city where the businesses taking scrap metal reside have large signs soliciting catalytic converters.

Edited by Betty LaRue

I don't think Catalytic converter theft is a huge problem here in Rural Ireland, heating oil theft is another matter, they just smash the padlocks of the tank where people are away and pump out the heating oil. That and outboard engine theft from boats overnight.

4 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

I don't think Catalytic converter theft is a huge problem here in Rural Ireland, heating oil theft is another matter, they just smash the padlocks of the tank where people are away and pump out the heating oil. That and outboard engine theft from boats overnight.

The thieves never stop, do they? While it’s possible they may be in dire straights, they don’t know the family they steal from may be on the brink, also. Stealing is just wrong.

Most thieves are not interested in the problems and chaos their actions cause. Most of the time if there caught its a fine or slap on the wrist, not long ago near me fishermen were finding their outboard engines had been cut out of the back of the boat with a chainsaw. Not only is the boat wrecked they can't get out to their trawlers to fish.

The 2 pieces of slime were caught one night by a fisherman coming in late on the tide. The crew held them while more skippers gathered, their van failed its flying test (pushed off a cliff).

Lets just say they are now physically incapable of stealing ever again. After the months of hardship they caused I recon they got of light. (stand by for red arrows). In this case i'm not interested, they should have been sent over after the van.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Most thieves are not interested in the problems and chaos their actions cause. Most of the time if there caught its a fine or slap on the wrist, not long ago near me fishermen were finding their outboard engines had been cut out of the back of the boat with a chainsaw. Not only is the boat wrecked they can't get out to their trawlers to fish.

The 2 pieces of slime were caught one night by a fisherman coming in late on the tide. The crew held them while more skippers gathered, their van failed its flying test (pushed off a cliff).

Lets just say they are now physically incapable of stealing ever again. After the months of hardship they caused I recon they got of light. (stand by for red arrows). In this case i'm not interested, they should have been sent over after the van.

I am with you in that often the legal punishment does not fit the crime these days.  Slapped wrists and all that.

Allan

On 06/01/2021 at 19:30, Betty LaRue said:

Over here in the USA, catalytic converters has become one of the most popular things to steal. An experienced crook with a battery powered metal saw can get one off in a couple of minutes. Precious metals are in them.

Auto sales lots and companies with a large fleet of autos/trucks for their business are coming to work and finding many catalytic converters removed.

A part of my city where the businesses taking scrap metal reside have large signs soliciting catalytic converters.

It's a problem in parts of the UK too.  I've seen advice suggesting that you park in a way that makes removal more difficult, i.e. up against a wall on the cat side, avoid parking with one side raised on the pavement (sidewalk) etc.  Best solution, put it in your garage at home, but I use my garage for better things than storing a car.

A friend had thieves drill a hole in his fuel tank and steal the diesel. The cost of the diesel is trivial compared to having to buy and fit a new tank. 

Thieves around here have been taking metal road and footpath signs, somebody is recycling them, or maybe they go into a container and are shipped abroad ?

A lot of crime here are teenagers in the middle of the night breaking into cars parked in driveways and stealing anything they get their hands on. Often no more than petty change kept in the console. Many people around here have cameras installed and the teens, and often their vehicles are caught on camera. Many times there are 2-4 kids running in a pack. Then the owner gets to replace a broken car window when higher deductibles with their insurance company won’t cover the replacement.

We had an attempted break-in to our home years ago. According to shoe prints, two kicks were given to the front door, but it held.

He/they then went to the back sliding patio door. They lifted the one that slid out of the track, but the thick broom handle we used in the track beside it while we were away stopped them from getting in.

I have a two-door garage, one car, so I’m good. And the rummage sale I had in October got rid of a lot of stuff I had in the garage. I also have an alarm system.

I had surgery in Brisbane 2 days ago. I waited a long time for the appointment. I would have posted this in the 'good news' thread but what happened next? The first case of coronavirus community transmission in months, the UK variant strain to boot, just where my clinic was. Result: we're in lockdown, surprisingly only for 3 days but I don't believe for a second it won't be for longer. That's entirely the right thing to do, no gripes here, but what timing!! We always give big cities a wide berth.  I just hope I won't catch Covid because my op was on my nose and I won't be able to breathe properly for 2 weeks! And it's raining. 

• Love 2

• Alamy locked this topic