Images sold in August 2019

Blue asbestos.

Can UK Television only afford low $$ for a fairly rare image in perpetuity? 

Once again, this goes to show that an image content has nothing to do with its license price.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Television (editorial) ;  

Print run: Unlimited transmissions ;  

Placement: Use within body of show ;  

Start: 14-August-2019 ;

Duration: In perpetuity ;

FMPG5E.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

No, not Aboriginal. There were many Afghan cameleers in Australia in pioneering days. Lots of fascinating stories about them.

As regards to this particular structure, here's the story. It's a pretty remote area, only accessed by driving on several hundred kms of unsealed road. At the end of this road, as if not remote enough already, is a big sobbering sign: "you are entering remote areas, have you got..... [follows a list of items like water, food, medical kit, spare parts, etc...]. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marree_Mosque

Oh, that's a surprise, I'd never have guessed it was a mosque. Thanks for the info.

Mid $$ Country: Germany ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 10,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-July-2019 ; End: 01-July-2024

paddle-steamer-waverley-pulling-away-from-southend-pier-on-the-thames-estuary-with-passengers-heading-towards-london-space-for-copy-PT7DXR.jpg

• Love 1

Distributor sale to Brazil for low $$ ($ nett)

Firming the compost around the bare roots of an Autumn potted rose Stock Photo

My aging hands at work firming the compost around the bare roots of an Autumn potted rose.  I shot a small sequence of potting up a new rose for my wife and two have sold to date so a worthwhile investment of my time.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Affiliate Sale; Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 15-August-2019 ; End: 15-August-2024 ; Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists.  Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

Affiliate?

red-bull-soapbox-race-at-ally-pally-in-london-taking-place-in-the-alexandra-park-grounds-below-alexandra-palace-around-60-teams-entered-using-the-contours-to-allow-gravity-to-send-the-un-powered-hand-made-soapbox-carts-down-the-course-which-includes-ramps-of-various-designs-which-sometimes-damage-the-carts-as-they-land-W2A5MN.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Been in place for some considerable time now: Affiliate program [sic]

Thank you. Like one of those memes that says 'Just f.. Google it', I now remember that I've seen that and could (should) have found that myself

Edited by Avpics
  • Like 1

On 14/08/2019 at 18:13, Steve Hyde said:

Reported today in my sales report. It leaves me needing one more sale this year to equal the whole of my 2018 sales total. I haven't added that many to my portfolio in that time.

KH9TDW.jpg

Well done, walked past that so many times!

On 14/08/2019 at 03:52, gvallee said:

Blue asbestos.

Can UK Television only afford low $$ for a fairly rare image in perpetuity? 

Once again, this goes to show that an image content has nothing to do with its license price.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Television (editorial) ;  

Print run: Unlimited transmissions ;  

Placement: Use within body of show ;  

Start: 14-August-2019 ;

Duration: In perpetuity ;

I've seen some low UK TV ones in the past as well.  Had two TV licenses last month for $$$ each. However, they were to the US (worldwide, single use in one episode).

43 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I've seen some low UK TV ones in the past as well.  Had two TV licenses last month for $$$ each. However, they were to the US (worldwide, single use in one episode).

I had another mid $$ UK TV usage this month. It's been refunded and resold today for $1.70 less!

Not quite mid $$, non exclusive. 3rd licence of this image by Alamy, and 4th licence overall. An old slide scan

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 15 August 2019
End: 15 August 2069

an-eastern-blue-tongue-lizard-tiliqua-scincoides-scincoides-eating-AGJ119.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1

On 14/08/2019 at 11:28, geogphotos said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_cameleers_in_Australia

The "Afghans" or "Ghans" were camel drivers who worked in Outback Australia from the 1860s to the 1930s. They included Pashtun, Baloch, Sindhi ethnic groups from south-central Asia (present-day Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan), others from the Punjabi,  Kashmir and Rajasthan regions of the Indian subcontinent, as well as from Egypt, Persia and Turkey.

amazing stroy

• Love 1