Images sold in August 2019

Kentucky Fried Chicken KFC Drive Thru logo. Craigleith Retail Park, South Groathill Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, Europe. 

kentucky-fried-chicken-kfc-drive-thru-logo-craigleith-retail-park-KM3W47.jpg

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 2 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 22 August 2019
End: 22 August 2021

• Love 1

I shouldn't be pleased about this license (because of low $ plus terms) but I am because it's an insect! 

Wildlife is hard enough to sell but don't mention insects! And it's the third insect sale this month!! 

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-July-2019 ;
Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

C80ACD.jpg 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

I shouldn't be pleased about this license (because of low $ plus terms) but I am because it's an insect! 

Wildlife is hard enough to sell but don't mention insects! And it's the third insect sale this month!! 

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-July-2019 ;
Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

It's interesting that you say that. I also do a lot of wildlife photography, and my experience is that insect photos sell well, especially butterflies, but other wildlife particularly birds rarely sell. I think there are so many great bird photographers in the UK that it's very hard to compete.

Just now, VbFolly said:

It's interesting that you say that. I also do a lot of wildlife photography, and my experience is that insect photos sell well, especially butterflies, but other wildlife particularly birds rarely sell. I think there are so many great bird photographers in the UK that it's very hard to compete.

Yes interesting. Birds used to be my number one selling subject when I was heavily into it. Birds from all over the world, I did many trips abroad just for bird photography. For some reason, these have dried up. Buyers might prefer more recent shots.

Perhaps I was a bit pessimistic. I just checked my Inverts and Insects sales so far (since 2003): 65 . I find that ants seem to sell the best. Green ants, leaf-cutter ants. Also butterflies, spiders.

Lately I have been mainly shooting landscapes and made an effort to also photograph people.

Side note: I see you're from Hampshire. I used to live near Haslemere before moving to Australia.

Gen

I have seen some of your amazing bird photos in the images sold thread, Gen. It's a shame if your sales of exotic birds are drying up. It shouldn't really matter when they were shot, but I guess they just drop down the searches a bit as they get older.

I have also tried to diversify a bit more to improve sales. It's working to some extent - I'm getting more sales, but as my photos are mainly in the UK, the prices are often very low. I think I need to travel more.

I know Haslemere - it's only about half an hour away from me.

Gillian

9 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

This just licensed for a princely mid $ to a UK magazine (inside or cover) with a circulation of 500K.

At least I didn't have to venture farther than my own backyard to photograph it.

close-up-of-peony-plant-leaves-infected-

It seems to be the same client as my insect. Same terms.

Second time sold in 8 days. No idea why...     Royalty-free    Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only Editorial print + digital use.

I don't know how you define $ or $$ or $$$, but this one probably falls in the $$ range.

a-group-of-small-motor-boats-cruise-past-one-of-the-outlying-islands-near-poveglia-in-the-waters-off-of-venice-italy-RBW9HB.jpg

• Love 1

Well, hopefully this marks a nice turning point. 4 months since first sale (still not cleared), and this morning, had three new sales each for low/mid $$, so mid/high $$ between them.

Here's one

A view of the Tummel river  running along Pitlochry, in Perthshire, Scotland Stock Photo

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Start: 23 August 2019
End: 23 August 2024

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chris_rabe said:

Well, hopefully this marks a nice turning point. 4 months since first sale (still not cleared), and this morning, had three new sales each for low/mid $$, so mid/high $$ between them.

Here's one

A view of the Tummel river  running along Pitlochry, in Perthshire, Scotland Stock Photo

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Start: 23 August 2019
End: 23 August 2024

Congratulations, Chris.

"Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 26-August-2019 ; End: 26-August-2024 ; 
   Additional Details: Impresiones, tarjetas y regalos personales o referencias para artistas. Solo para un uso no comercial; no se permite la reventa."

gustavo-nieves-racing-in-the-virgin-money-london-marathon-2019-near-tower-bridge-london-uk-space-for-copy-T6B34D.jpg

• Love 1