Images sold in August 2019

Afghan Cameleer Mosque, Marree, South Australia

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media

Low $$

EFD25X.jpg

Mid $$ Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Magazines and books ;  Start: 12-August-2019 ; End: 12-August-2024 ;Additional Details: Use in a magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising).

bristol-blenheim-at-an-airshow-space-for-copy-EYB7GN.jpg

• Love 1

Mid $$ distributor sale -  Japan- Usage: Editorial - Media: Book, print and/or e-book

jelling-denmark-the-figure-of-christ-on-

Jelling, Denmark. The figure of Christ on the large Jelling rune stone raised by

King Harald Bluetooth in the 960s. 

- the first bluetooth transferred message on other side. 

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Intruder 😂

Well done, not an easy image to get. Too many buildings, people and vehicles - and too little space - and often a teasing light. Great supplementary work done.

Edited by Niels Quist

On 09/08/2019 at 10:30, Rick Lewis said:

This is the aft torpedo tubes on the USS Drum at the naval museum in Mobile Alabama.  If I hadn't had IBIS on the camera I doubt I could have taken this image.  🙂  Boy was it dark in there and I needed at least f5.6 to get some DOF.

Sold for magazine / book use in the U.S.  It did zoom a few months back.  Only mid-$$ but better than nothing.

USS Drum, SS-228, a WWII Gato Class submarine, aft torpedo tubes, on display at the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile Alabama, USA. Stock Photo

Rick

IBIS and the ability to shoot clean images at high ISO's has really changed things. It's so great to be able to get images like this. Beautiful detail in this shot Rick! 

• Love 1

Thank you, Marianne. Interestingly, walrus are not frightened of people when they are in the water. We had to be careful not to go too close to them when they were on the ground. They do move VERY slowly on land.

Paulette

One that I almost didn't take, then was in two minds about uploading!  Amazing what sells!

Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.

string-of-colourful-balloons-caught-in-t

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

Intruder 😂

Well done, not an easy image to get. Too many buildings, people and vehicles - and too little space - and often a teasing light. Great supplementary work done.

Why, thank you, kind sir! 😊

Yes, always seems to be busy here.  I'd love to get back with some time and with the opportunity to get to places in less busy hours and with more chances to choose the light.

Haven't been to DK since 2015 and not going to make it before Halloween (trying hard to keep this non-political!) sadly. 😞 So I'll be keeping off your turf for a while yet!

DK has served me well for image sales - perhaps surprising for such a small country - but such a wealth of great photographic subjects.  And such lovely people! 😉😊

5 hours ago, losdemas said:

DK has served me well for image sales - perhaps surprising for such a small country - but such a wealth of great photographic subjects.  And such lovely people! 😉😊

Thank you for your kind words, and you are most welcome any time.

Edited by Niels Quist

19 hours ago, NYCat said:

Thank you, Marianne. Interestingly, walrus are not frightened of people when they are in the water. We had to be careful not to go too close to them when they were on the ground. They do move VERY slowly on land.

Paulette

You're welcome

It must be amazing to see all these animals out in their actual environments. And cool for you to switch from NYC to out in the wild. 

Edited by Marianne

I've been having some very good direct Alamy sales lately, so I'm not complaining. However, it's always a bit unnerving when one of these really low distributor sales shows up.

Editorial website and social media, five years, barely $

Chinese New Year decorations, Vancouver, Canada

firecrackers-coins-and-chinese-paper-lan

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

On 10/08/2019 at 11:34, gvallee said:

Afghan Cameleer Mosque, Marree, South Australia

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media

Low $$

EFD25X.jpg

Interested to know the story behind these structures! Are they Aboriginal?

5 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_cameleers_in_Australia

The "Afghans" or "Ghans" were camel drivers who worked in Outback Australia from the 1860s to the 1930s. They included Pashtun, Baloch, Sindhi ethnic groups from south-central Asia (present-day Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan), others from the Punjabi,  Kashmir and Rajasthan regions of the Indian subcontinent, as well as from Egypt, Persia and Turkey.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 2

On 13/08/2019 at 08:11, Bryan said:

One that I almost didn't take, then was in two minds about uploading!  Amazing what sells!

Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.

string-of-colourful-balloons-caught-in-t

It's interesting how some of us falter before deciding to upload. I'd have been very pleased to have seen this picture. It's a seller for many purposes.

42 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

No, not Aboriginal. There were many Afghan cameleers in Australia in pioneering days. Lots of fascinating stories about them.

As regards to this particular structure, here's the story. It's a pretty remote area, only accessed by driving on several hundred kms of unsealed road. At the end of this road, as if not remote enough already, is a big sobbering sign: "you are entering remote areas, have you got..... [follows a list of items like water, food, medical kit, spare parts, etc...]. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marree_Mosque

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 2