Images sold in December

Santa gave me two sales for Xmas (already 25th here in Oz)

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Low $$

BCMMN5.jpg

Only one sale in December up until this morning, when I woke up to another 6 sales, this being the best at $$$.  Third time this has sold, not bad for a picture which was taken out of an upstairs window of my house! :D

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 03 November 2018
End: 02 November 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

ballydehob-west-cork-ireland-2nd-nov-2018-the-sun-rises-dramatically-over-ballydehob-resulting-in-a-stunning-sky-this-morning-the-day-will-remain-mostly-dry-with-some-rain-in-western-counties-with-highs-of-6-10c-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-R055C4.jpg

First sale!

the-barnard-castle-teesdale-north-east-england-branch-of-the-darlington-M2HBTT.jpg

This actually showed up in a search a couple of weeks ago so I was pleasantly surprised to see a sale showing when I checked this morning. On the strength of this, and in anticiption of untold future riches which are undoubtedly heading my way, I have:
  • opened negotiations with a yacht broker in the Bahamas
  • warned Mark Carney of a possible need to adjust UK interest rates
  • ditto Sterling/Dollar exchange rates
well - dreaming can't hurt can it!

24 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

You need to get out there and cut those cables one day :D

Easy enough to clone out, though. I have a similar scene outside my house with annoying cables. Cloning works a treat.

15 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Not quite - those cables supply my house with electricity. 

I cant clone them out, it’s a news pic. 

Sometimes I am amazed at what you can sell as news images. In my country the media get loads of free weather mobile photos to cover this need.

13 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Will whoever gave Niels a red arrow for that either own up, if an error, or grow up?

Thanks, Mark.

BTW I didn't comment on the image - only that I wouldn't think I could sell weather images from Denmark as news - not unless Jutland was drifting away.

8 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

Thanks, Mark.

BTW I didn't comment on the image - only that I wouldn't think I could sell weather images from Denmark as news - not unless Jutland was drifting away.

You get another, and I get one too, apparently. I'll cancel yours out.

Whoever it is, and I have some ideas, it's going to take them a while to dent my rep.

To whom it may concern- here you go, you can chip another one off me now.

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

One of two photos sold for an editorial website for near micro prices

USA Wasington DC D.C. The U S Capitol Building on the hill on a sunny summer day.Stock Photo

Mine were all DC too. Editorial website indeed, not UK newspaper. Bulk discount.

wim

Archived