Images Sold in October (one per day per contributor)

52 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

"Toilet paper"? Was it not too high quality newsprint then?

I did them a disservice, but it was an odd and unique paper choice from the magazines I purchased at the time.

I went digital in 2005, and started uploading to Alamy seriously in 2013 so my current project is going through old hard drives for material to upload from that eight year gap. It's mostly aviation related, but I've found all sorts of odds and ends which fall under editorial and some of which has sold. I've kicked myself a few times for not uploading some subjects earlier as I'm sure they would have found interest, especially veterans who are no longer with us and other subjects which cannot be repeated. Once that project is done I may go back to see what I can find on film. 

On 04/10/2018 at 15:47, Sally said:

Two sales popped in today for a total of $90, so a great start to the month. One was a second sale of this image. 

exhibit-museum-of-pre-columbiam-art-sant

Blimey. Two more sales popped in for this today. One for a book, one for presentation or newsletter. That’s four sales since I uploaded earlier this year. So far, my most frequent seller.

The second outing for this image....this use in The Financial Times newspaper.

EHD008.jpg

A cyclist travels along King's Parade, with King's College providing a backdrop. Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Also just had another Personal Use licence (of empty office building)... ...if I purchase from here for personal/home use, would my search term/zoom/sale show up in Alamy Measures like they sometimes do ? ..... anyone tried it ?

18 hours ago, Avpics said:

I did them a disservice, but it was an odd and unique paper choice from the magazines I purchased at the time.

I went digital in 2005, and started uploading to Alamy seriously in 2013 so my current project is going through old hard drives for material to upload from that eight year gap. It's mostly aviation related, but I've found all sorts of odds and ends which fall under editorial and some of which has sold. I've kicked myself a few times for not uploading some subjects earlier as I'm sure they would have found interest, especially veterans who are no longer with us and other subjects which cannot be repeated. Once that project is done I may go back to see what I can find on film. 

I've put a few more in "Favourite photos in October" for your perusal- Meteor, Dragon Rapide and a piston Provost from the same show.

One of 5 licences today, three of them for goby & shrimp combos. Direct sale, medium $$ each.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 22 March 2019
End: 22 March 2024
Rights include photo appearing as a thumbnail in Table of Contents or Glossary. Electronic, digital and PDF rights granted for the facsimile of the original publication. Promotional in-context rights granted

randalls-shrimpgoby-amblyeleotris-randalli-and-white-lined-snapping-AAH97N.jpg

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel brochures
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 29 October 2018
End: 29 October 2019
Duration: Up to 3 months
$ 190.00

silhouette-of-hula-dancers-at-sunset-at-palauea-beach-maui-hawaii-BRMETB.jpg

Appeared in the Irish Sun in September, a simple grab shot for very high $$.  This was 1 pic amongst 4 or 5 sales from walking around a very wet Cork for around 20 minutes.  Just shows what can be achieved by enduring a bit of discomfort and carrying your camera and lappy everywhere.

cork-ireland-20th-sept-2018-people-hurry-to-their-destination-in-heavy-rain-in-cork-city-centre-cork-is-one-of-7-irish-counties-to-be-issued-a-yellow-weather-warning-by-met-eireann-with-storm-bronagh-expected-to-hit-ireland-on-sunday-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-PN6NEF.jpg

I'm going to take the liberty of adding this one as it came in just before midnight and even in the unlikely event of any sales reporting today I'll be tied up with DIY and keeping the cats out of the paint tins.

Mid priced $$ IQ sale:

meghan-markle-in-carriage-procession-after-the-royal-wedding-at-windsor-on-the-long-walk-duchess-of-sussex-wedding-dress-tiara-and-veil-waving-MP0GFX.jpg

4 newspaper sales came in yesterday. All repeat sales, and one of them has now sold about 8 times. This is my favourite and, if my memory serves me well, the least repeated so far. Oh, and for those who express concerns about needing to travel great distances to take saleable images, I shot it 200 yards from my front door.

tractor.jpg

Archived