Jump to content
ReeRay

Images Sold in October (one per day per contributor)

Recommended Posts

Sort of depressing that my last three sales, all with a five year web use duration, do not even add up to a typical Personal Use sale.

 

This is one of them.  A concert in Bethesda, Maryland.

 

usa-maryland-bethesda-strathmore-hall-mu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Web, app and social media, so not a big dollar sale.

 

the-amsterdam-brewhouse-on-the-waterfron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Distro to Italy for TV

 

view-of-scenic-kewarra-beach-a-popular-n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herring Gull (Larus argentatus Pontoppidan) perching on an old telegraph pole. Glenelg, Skye and Lochalsh, Scotland. 

herring-gull-larus-argentatus-pontoppidan-perching-on-an-old-telegraph-B2TG08.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 12 October 2018
End: 12 October 2023
$ 19.99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Alamy sale, personal use.

Morning sky and clouds reflected in the River Thames by Staines bridge at dawn, Swan hotel / public house in the background 

PH3X3K

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 11 October 2018
End: 11 October 2023

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usage: Magazine, editorial print and digital use, inside, repeat use within a single issue

 

a-pectoral-crucifix-cross-worn-by-an-ano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please help. I normally upload images for example "images sold in October" by clicking onto the images and using "copy image address", then paste it into this box but it is always smaller than the image above. So whats the secret in uploading a large image like the one above with the chain and cross.

 

Alan

Edited by Alan Beastall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

Please help. I normally upload images for example "images sold in October" by clicking onto the images and using "copy image address", then paste it into this box but it is always smaller than the image above. So whats the secret in uploading a large image like the one above with the chain and cross.

 

Alan

 

Paste the image address into Insert other media. In the address, over-ride the word 'Zoom' by 'Comp'.

Edited by gvallee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

Please help. I normally upload images for example "images sold in October" by clicking onto the images and using "copy image address", then paste it into this box but it is always smaller than the image above. So whats the secret in uploading a large image like the one above with the chain and cross.

 

Alan

If you're happy with this size

PTTJYW.jpgPTTK0H.jpg

I copy image location (on a right-click) from the large popup in AIM. It saves a lot of time, just find the Alamyref.

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Ignore the above post. I've made a cockup in pasting the image. Still working on it.

 

Alan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gvallee, i've tried your suggestion but still no joy. I will just carry on with what I normally do. Thanks all the same.

 

Another sold this month. Juvenile Peregrine falcon at rest standing on a cliff rock on the coast of north Pembrokeshire.

 

Alan

juvenile-peregrine-falcon-at-rest-standi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I hadn't realised it was one of yours- you hardly look old enough ;)

The last Saint was shown in early '69 so would have been shot before that, and according to Volvo the Saint's P1800 was Roger Moore's own.

https://www.media.volvocars.com/global/en-gb/media/pressreleases/225569/volvo-cars-brings-sir-roger-moores-1800-s-to-techno-classica-classic-car-show

 

It is a nice picture but not recent ;-) Add 20 years. I have looked at IMDB and it seams you are correct, it is The Man Who Haunted Himself. Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gvallee said:

 

Paste the image address into Insert other media. In the address, over-ride the word 'Zoom' by 'Comp'.

 

That's what I do. You can type  in "thumbs," "zooms," or "comp" into the image URL to get different sizes.

 

Great minds think alike...

Edited by John Mitchell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

That's what I do. You can type  in "thumbs," "zooms," or "comp" into the image URL to get different sizes.

 

Great minds think alike...

 

I didn't get it right first time and a little fiddly but yes it works.

 

Gen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

gvallee, i've tried your suggestion but still no joy. I will just carry on with what I normally do. Thanks all the same.

 

 

It works, this solution has been suggested by several other people. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well so I'll try again step by step.

 

1. Find out the Alamy reference number of the image

2. Enter it in the search bar of the Alamy front page

3. Right click and select 'Copy Image Address'

4. Go to your Forum window 'Reply to this Topic; and select the 'INSERT OTHER MEDIA' box at the bottom of the window (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE LINK DIRECTLY INTO THE WINDOW)

5. Select 'Insert Image from URL'

6. Paste the Image Address in there. It will display a long URL. 

7. Scroll back towards the beginning of the URL and where it says 'Zooms', replace that word by 'Comp'

 

And voila! Good luck!

 

Gen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taipei subway station. Worldwide editorial for book, print and/or e-book, up to 100,000, inside, 1 page, 10 years

 

commuters-boarding-taipei-mrt-subway-at-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Bingo, it works. Thanks gvallee, spacecadet and John, have a drink on me. ;) No.97 Sir Antony Gormley cast iron figure on Crosby beach, Liverpool. The other bulge is not his left hand.

 

Alan

 

sir-antony-gormley-cast-iron-figures-on-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gvallee said:

 

It works, this solution has been suggested by several other people. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well so I'll try again step by step.

 

1. Find out the Alamy reference number of the image

2. Enter it in the search bar of the Alamy front page

3. Right click and select 'Copy Image Address'

4. Go to your Forum window 'Reply to this Topic; and select the 'INSERT OTHER MEDIA' box at the bottom of the window (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE LINK DIRECTLY INTO THE WINDOW)

5. Select 'Insert Image from URL'

6. Paste the Image Address in there. It will display a long URL. 

7. Scroll back towards the beginning of the URL and where it says 'Zooms', replace that word by 'Comp'

 

And voila! Good luck!

 

Gen

For some reason you don’t need to do steps 4 and 5 on an iPad. You can paste the link directly into the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sally said:

For some reason you don’t need to do steps 4 and 5 on an iPad. You can paste the link directly into the post. 

 

I do the same as Sally, I just paste the link in the post and it becomes the photo automatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just drag the image into the forum - simples!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some sail while others hike and cycle around on the Münstersche Aasee in Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany. - Stock Image

Country: Germany
Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: up to 1 transmission
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 01 September 2018
End: 01 September 2019
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate (I'd like it if we could remain within the Distribution scheme but opt out of their bulk rate giveaways.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday PU license, full price ($19.99), looks legit

 

weathered-window-of-an-old-house-with-pe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spectacular sunset at Kihei, Maui, Hawaii. Stock Photo

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 04 October 2018
Duration: In perpetuity all rights, all media, ww, in perp for all news platforms

 

Rights Managed image and perpetuity?  It doesn't sound right.

$ 75.00
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kidlington-oxford-uk-25th-november-2017-

 

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 12 October 2018
End: 12 October 2023

 

I remember this shoot, everything was backlit against a bright sun. Second sold from this shoot.

Edited by sb photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.