Hows your CTR doing from 1st August?

Just for interest, anyone else noticing major changes in what their CTR is doing from 1st of this month? (up or down?)

Mine is dropping like a rock . :angry:

Thanks

Kumar

To be honest, I never look at my CTR. It doesn't tell me much as it's only one ingredient of the secretive ranking recipe, if it still exists at all.

Since you're asking I looked, it's been going up since May, .68 at the moment. I find that I get a lot of zooms but have a lot more competition these days. I sometimes have an Alamynopoly but I've been up against a lot more competing zooms recently.

Gen 

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

What method are you using to come to your findings.

Allan

watching my graph on my dashboard - generally throughout the past 6 months CTR has been pretty stable at 0.68-0.7

since 1/8 has dropped steadily to 0.5

Kumar

Mine has been on a downward trend since last November which is coincidentally my best sales period ever with Alamy. Conversely, this month, devoid of sales, has seen my CTR rise to it's highest ever level.

Go figure that one!

1 minute ago, ReeRay said:

Mine has been on a downward trend since last November which is coincidentally my best sales period ever with Alamy. Conversely, this month, devoid of sales, has seen my CTR at it's highest ever level.

Go figure that one!

But sales are generally not reported the same month as zooms. You could have a high CTR for the month, i.e. a high ratio of positive hits/zooms which will not translate into sales until a few months later. In other words, zooms/CTR and sales do not relate to the same month.

I had the same case myself.

Gen

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

watching my graph on my dashboard - generally throughout the past 6 months CTR has been pretty stable at 0.68-0.7

since 1/8 has dropped steadily to 0.5

Kumar

Mine also standing at 0.5 but last month was 0.52 so nothing really to speak of a drop. 

Since February this year my CTR has been up and down on alternating months.  Last month was highest at 0.71 but this month presently 0.53 from a total of 140 zooms. Lowest for year was 0.47 in February.  So no particular trend. 

Pearl

Interesting. 0.64 when my total average is 0.46. I'd noticed an increase in zooms, the actual images of which being the only detail I normally take notice. I usually have around forty images showing for the rolling month and it's currently been running towards sixty.

No major changes for me.  It did drop a bit from the beginning of the month when I got a lot of zooms with relatively few views.  But it's at .68 now which is better than than the last couple months.

Mine's gone from 0.57 on the 1st. to 0.78 today (20th.)

I was only thinking this morning that it was quite high for me, i've usually got a CTR of 0.4 - 0.5ish.

Looking back it was Jan 2017 when it was higher.

John.

Two of the search terms which have resulted in the higher view counts on my port have unusually had a zoom each. I would imagine this is very positive for CTR. Normally the higher-viewed search terms are very non-specific so throw up huge numbers of images which clearly aren't appropriate. One such is 'space war', in the news recently. I have a great deal of military images with 'copy space', but sadly none in space!

My CTR was around 0.50 for March and April.

Dropped to 0.10 for May.

Then to 0.00 for June.

In July it went up to 0.20.

For August it is standing at 0.40.

Not quite sure what caused the big dip in May - July period.

Allan

My CTR is very low and I suspect its about my key wording. I have made a decision to become more careful about what keywords I include. I hate seeing images that are highlighted as being of "Poor Discoverability" and have often succumbed to the temptation to include more keywords to make them more discoverable. I think that with the Alamy system, whatever that is, I am actually making them less discoverable by affecting my CTR and as we all know a low CTR means they are going to be lower ranked. Does that make sense?  

59 minutes ago, Futterwithtrees said:

My CTR is very low and I suspect its about my key wording. I have made a decision to become more careful about what keywords I include. I hate seeing images that are highlighted as being of "Poor Discoverability" and have often succumbed to the temptation to include more keywords to make them more discoverable. I think that with the Alamy system, whatever that is, I am actually making them less discoverable by affecting my CTR and as we all know a low CTR means they are going to be lower ranked. Does that make sense?  

My CTR has nearly always been below average, but it hasn't seemed to affect the number of sales.

Don't bother about 'discoverability'.  As you say, you are probably making your images less discoverable due to spurious keywords/tags affecting your ranking and making it worse.

John.

Archived