February over already?

February is gone.  So is winter in Toronto, apparently.

Decent number of sales this month (17), but oh my goodness, very low amounts (down to $3.52 gross) for a total of $345.  Minus a refund of $115 from back in December.  Argghh!

22 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

It's not quite over here in Lotus Land, but I saw considerably better prices this month than in January, which was a bit of an "Arghhh!" month for me revenue-wise.

do you find the market here decent...(well download # as opposed to revenue) in Canada? alot of local placement?

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

No, I've seen very few "Canada" sales on Alamy over the years. Very little local placement.

That's what I see here. Very for Alberta unless it's a guide or something. Oddly enough, got some hits on Drumheller. Time to work on the dinosaurs.

49 minutes ago, MandyD said:

That's what I see here. Very for Alberta unless it's a guide or something. Oddly enough, got some hits on Drumheller. Time to work on the dinosaurs.

I should add that most sales say "Country: Worldwide," so some of them might indeed be Canadian buyers.

Sorry to change the subject, Reimar.

Well, looks like it really is over now (February, that is, not winter in Vancouver), and I've ended up with 10 sales for $472 gross, which is average-ish for me.

Better prices than January overall, highest $100.

Also, healthy month for both zooms and CTR, so things promise to keep ticking along.

Numbers down but income boosted by one $820 sale.  8 for $934. So below average no. sales but above average income.

Zooms healthy at around 2 per day.

Worryingly low fees for what appear to be hard copy newspaper usage.

After a good start with a reasonable sale at the beginning of the month, there was no 'serge' for me!

Still, some renewed enthusiasm has been rewarded with record views and zooms for the month, so feeling somewhat positive. 

Final result : 1 for >$50

Best month for revenue since I started with Alamy.  27 sales for $729 gross.  One $$$ to start the month and a couple of other decent prices kept the average up.  Good crop of zooms though below my previous bests.  The November re-rank has certainly helped me.

Revenue is pretty grim showing a large collapse compared to Feb 2017, even though I now have nearly 4000 extra images online (produced at significant cost). 

Total Sales: 20

Revenue: $349 gross

Archived