Alamy Image Manager - want a sneak peek?

Thanks for doing this, it looks like it will be a much improved process for me.

As someone whose key wording could best be described as haphazard, I am especially looking forward to;

Lets say you forgot to add the tag “USA” to all your images you took whilst travelling across America. All you need to do now is search for the tag “America” (assuming you added that before), select all images and then just add the “USA” tag once and hit save – you’re all set without overriding any other data.

.. It would be nice those of us who take part in forum discussions on this are in the list of people to get the new updates first

I'm guessing it's the large/regular, News and large sales volume uploaders who'll be treated to the new version first.

Who knows?

I think if I was in charge, I'd look for contributors who keyword/upload regularly, but in small batches to begin with, and if all goes well with those, then those who keyword/upload regularly in larger batches, and end with the infrequent contributors.

Looks good. Being able to add without erasing everything else is great.  And with having the weighted keywords, that should compensate a bit for the double entry benefit.

My main concern is old images with tags such as New York City will go as 3 separate tags as all the keywords in the old images are keyworded with no commas, at least most of mine are.  And will images with keywords in brackets, separated by commas, be regarded as a single tag or end up with each word being a separate tag.

Jill

Looks good... looking forward to having a go. And looking forward to being able to keyword using my iPad.

Shouldn't that be "TAG". :)

See I'm learning already. ;)

Allan

I would like to see Alamy giving a search advantage to those images that have been keyworded with 50 tags to motivate people to review their images. Those who were able to reduce to 30 keywords would receive a even bigger benefit.

Not only would that recognize the efforts of those who try not to spam, but punish those who use a horde of irrelevant keywords. In fact, my experience tells me that 30 keywords are more than enough. Looking at alamy measures and other agencies that identify the keywords used by buyers show that almost all searches use a couple words and are pretty direct on what they want.

One of the agencies that has been recently purchased by a software giant we all know started doing this and I could only see advantages. They accept 50 keywords but value more the images with just 30 and give a higher value to the first seven.

It all looks good and sounds good; but like some many new systems there will be teething problems - remember a well known PC operating system is said to often release an update as the final Beta Testing process!

So what if we find a hitch?  Can we run old and new in parallel for a period of time?  Or is the slow release going to be selective so that they are the final beta testers?

Either way once fully deployed and fully functional I feel sure we will all benefit, well done Alamy

I would like to see Alamy giving a search advantage to those images that have been keyworded with 50 tags to motivate people to review their images. Those who were able to reduce to 30 keywords would receive a even bigger benefit.

Not only would that recognize the efforts of those who try not to spam, but punish those who use a horde of irrelevant keywords. In fact, my experience tells me that 30 keywords are more than enough. Looking at alamy measures and other agencies that identify the keywords used by buyers show that almost all searches use a couple words and are pretty direct on what they want.

One of the agencies that has been recently purchased by a software giant we all know started doing this and I could only see advantages. They accept 50 keywords but value more the images with just 30 and give a higher value to the first seven.

I don't wish for this. Wildlife images can take a lot of keywords and I have had sales when some of my detailed keywords were overlooked by other photographers.

Paulette 

Archived