Post your positive results here :)

• 2 weeks later...

Five sales today. A personal record and double my monthly average in one day. All taken in Bahrain for use elsewhere in the region. Won't talk about prices beyond saying I've had worse.

Gareth

12 hours ago, pazmander said:

Five sales today. A personal record and double my monthly average in one day. All taken in Bahrain for use elsewhere in the region. Won't talk about prices beyond saying I've had worse.

Gareth

Nice!

On 10/6/2017 at 19:16, John Mitchell said:

OK, I can try to be more positive. A $175 iQ sale show up yesterday. Plus I've had as many sales during the first ten days of June as in all of May.

My hay fever used to be debilitating when I was younger. However, it has now almost disappeared completely. One of the few benefits of getting old, I guess.

I'm 50 and my Hay Fever is as bad as ever.  I don't think I'll ever shake it. :(

Three nice sales from over a year ago cleared today! I know there were several other contributors involved and that it was unclear why there was a problem. Apparently all resolved. 

Also, in general, I've seen an increase in all activity this year. Could be the changes Alamy made or possibly my images are getting better, who knows.

2 hours ago, KevinS said:

Three nice sales from over a year ago cleared today! I know there were several other contributors involved and that it was unclear why there was a problem. Apparently all resolved. 

Also, in general, I've seen an increase in all activity this year. Could be the changes Alamy made or possibly my images are getting better, who knows.

Thanks for pointing that out Kevin, I also had one of those calendar sales outstanding since 7 April 2016. Good to see it's finally cleared.

15 hours ago, Colblimp said:

I'm 50 and my Hay Fever is as bad as ever.  I don't think I'll ever shake it. :(

Guys, as a log-time sufferer from hay fever and other allergies, allow me to offer you a cure (if a temporay cure). If you move to another part of the world you will be allergy free for two or three years. So Colin, you need to move to the USA or Canada, and, John, you need to move to Europe. I've done this a number of times over the years. It works. ;)

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Guys, as a log-time sufferer from hay fever and other allergies, allow me to offer you a cure (if a temporay cure). If you move to another part of the world you will be allergy free for two or three years. So Colin, you need to move to the USA or Canada, and, John, you need to move to Europe. I've done this a number of times over the years. It works. ;)

That's why my doctor, while treating my severe asthma, used to joke and say I needed to move to Arizona. He said it with such a straight face he scared me. I had visions of dying (since I almost did) if I remained in Oklahoma, until I finally realized he was teasing me. How cruel.

Betty

I have just matched total sales for 2016 by the half way stage of 2017, and, perhaps unexpectedly, though equal by volume  actually showing an increase in revenue ie average sale value has increased.

So although it's relatively small beer it is encouraging, 

On 23/6/2017 at 15:31, Ed Rooney said:

I can't move - West Cork is beautiful, I have the business and my house.  Great suggestion, though!

On 6/10/2017 at 12:13, GS-Images said:

Come on you lot, there must be something positive that's happened to one of us since 3rd June? Ok I'll fill the thread with positivity myself.

I planned to stay home after seeing the "very high" pollen forecast. I suffer with hay fever quite badly .

***ATISHOOOOOOO***

Bless me.

Geoff.

Congrats on the sales Geoff! 

For both Geoff and Colin and any other hay fever sufferers: I used to get it really bad. 20 years ago I tried acupuncture. Now I go for it once every three or four years (for hay fever - more often for back & neck) and it works like a charm. A couple treatments and I'm good for a few years. I'm super squeamish but I find acupuncture relaxing. Try it! 

I'm a happier bunny so far this month with 8 varied licence sales, but quite low prices.
I've stopped working on legacy image keywords as the faintness of the unselected tags gave me severe eye strain.

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Happy to have a $250 RM book sale (not sure if it is a textbook sale or not) drop in today.  Those used to be commonplace back in the good ole days, now they are an endangered animal!

You're making me feel nostalgic. I haven't spotted one of those in over two years (2015). Perhaps it's time to start a breeding program, so that they can eventually be reintroduced into the wild. :D

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

...... textbook sale ..... Those used to be commonplace back in the good ole days, now they are an endangered animal!

Much like textbooks in schools nowadays!

In this world of unrestricted capitalism, I've sold three members of the Royal Family in the past fortnight in two sales for reasonable amounts. Somehow I've managed to get shots from Trooping the Colour of the Royals looking straight down the lens whilst waving. A pure fluke whilst standing amongst the crowds. This year the crowds were noticeably thinner and yet I didn't quite get the same contact. Perhaps I should go back to wearing the mankini.

10 minutes ago, Avpics said:

In this world of unrestricted capitalism, I've sold three members of the Royal Family in the past fortnight in two sales for reasonable amounts. Somehow I've managed to get shots from Trooping the Colour of the Royals looking straight down the lens whilst waving. A pure fluke whilst standing amongst the crowds. This year the crowds were noticeably thinner and yet I didn't quite get the same contact. Perhaps I should go back to wearing the mankini.

Well, according to Prince Harry, no one wants the job (who would) any longer, so the Royals may soon be on the endangered list as well. ^_^

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

Well, according to Prince Harry, no one wants the job (who would) any longer, so the Royals may soon be on the endangered list as well. ^_^

Funnily enough, Harry Hewitt was one of the sales.

On 6/23/2017 at 13:41, Cecile Marion said:

Yet, one of the worst allergy attacks I had was during a visit to Flagstaff, AZ while the red cedars were loaded with pollen. 

I'm very allergic to red cedar and we have a lot of it in Oklahoma. It starts around Christmas and goes for months. Other things then takes its place. I've been getting a depo-medrol shot the past few years that helps. Hay fever + asthma for me.

I have a couple of images of the loaded cedars on Alamy.

Eatly this spring, during a high wind, there was a video taken in western Oklahoma showing red cedar pollen streaming from trees in wind through the sky like a thick dust storm.  I hear Texas has mountain cedar that causes worse reactions than red cedar. A bit of it reaches us with south wind.

Achooooo. Sniff. Wheeze.....

Betty

I've just had a sale come through today to make it four total since I joined Alamy in January 2017. Though the latest photo sold for a little bit of pocket change, I actually sold one earlier in the month for (up to) a quarter page in a magazine. So I guess, all things considering, June has been a good month for me. 

Archived