MircoV

Post your positive results here :)

A RF sale for $253 gross today. Best of the year. Fingers cross no refund.

Nice! 

A RF sale for $253 gross today. Best of the year. Fingers cross no refund.

Excellent! Hope you get many more.

I want one, please.

Yes, this is the positive thread - and you are absolutely positive that it will be refunded!!  :unsure:  :)

John

Just had a modest sale slide in this morning which tipped me past the $150,000 mark (gross). It did take 12 years though, but as has been so often said, this is a long game. Not many of the dreaded refunds lately either.

• Upvote 9

Just had a modest sale slide in this morning which tipped me past the $150,000 mark (gross). It did take 12 years though, but as has been so often said, this is a long game. Not many of the dreaded refunds lately either.

Congrats!

Congrats!

+1!

wim

It took a long long while but I have finally had my first sale. I have all but given up on Alamy as the number of zooms I have collected is so tiny, it's not even funny.

I guess it'll take another long while to have the funds cleared. (Why is that, by the way? Isn't the sale a transaction when all the sum is paid? Or what Alamy calls a sale is really a pledge?) 

• Upvote 1

It took a long long while but I have finally had my first sale. I have all but given up on Alamy as the number of zooms I have collected is so tiny, it's not even funny.

I guess it'll take another long while to have the funds cleared. (Why is that, by the way? Isn't the sale a transaction when all the sum is paid? Or what Alamy calls a sale is really a pledge?) 

Congratulations on the first sale.  Hopefully more will follow soon.

Alamy sales reports are actually invoices with settlement terms of a minimum of 45 days.  Direct sales through the website might be paid straight away by the customer but Alamy hold the money against possible refunds for that 45 day period.  Account customers - most of the major image users - report usages, are invoiced by Alamy, and settle those invoices according to whatever schedule is agreed with Alamy.  Could be 45 days, could be longer.  It's the way most business to business operations work, with credit periods for approved customers.

I just reached 200 sales this month. It took four years, and I added about 500 photos each year.

• Upvote 3

Congratulations on the first sale.  Hopefully more will follow soon.

Alamy sales reports are actually invoices with settlement terms of a minimum of 45 days.  Direct sales through the website might be paid straight away by the customer but Alamy hold the money against possible refunds for that 45 day period.  Account customers - most of the major image users - report usages, are invoiced by Alamy, and settle those invoices according to whatever schedule is agreed with Alamy.  Could be 45 days, could be longer.  It's the way most business to business operations work, with credit periods for approved customers.

Thank you for your kind words and the explanation!

After two weeks of drips and drabs of low value sales, a $250 book use drops in  :)  :)  :D  

• Upvote 3

A $100+ sale showed up today of an image that I captured one block from my house. Love when that happens. :D

• Upvote 3

I'd say woken up, but awoken if you want to be really Anglo-Saxon. Awaken means to wake someone up, not wake up yourself.

There's a page about it here, but it's a bit dense even for me.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/awoken-or-awakened/

I raked up a pile of leaves one spring and it made the most terrifying squealing sound, like stepping on a cat (or, in my case, shutting her tail in the car boot). I'd woken up a frog a bit early.

Edited by spacecadet

I had a nice 3 figure sale yesterday, to the BBC. It was a pic of the Orient Express at Victoria station and I found out on my phone just as I was pulling into Victoria station.

• Upvote 1

was just going to post that I've had some nice sales last couple of days when another for $120 just popped in !

thank you Alamy

• Upvote 1

$120 X 2 this morning.

• Upvote 2

March is shaping up to be one of my best months in a long time. Very encouraging.

• Upvote 3

Boff! $200 in a US magazine. Not had one of those for a while.

• Upvote 1

So jealous, I think my portfolio is invisible. Not even a zoom in over a week. :(

Sorry forgot this was the positive thread.

On the positive side then, it's to be a bit warmer today. ;)

Edited by Sultanpepa

A $180 sale this morning for an image with no keywords or caption!

I deleted keywords and caption about a year ago (i think) but obviously forgot to hit the delete button

when i uploaded a less hastily processed similar image.

Maybe the image had been downloaded to a buyer`s lightbox...

Joe

• Upvote 1

I have 47% of 2016 number of sales already, and 50% more sales than at this time last year. But 30% of revenue, and nothing over $60 yet.

• Upvote 1

I had a direct sale for $365 gross ($182.50 net) on 3/21.   Waited a couple of days in case of a refund, but so far so good.  It was RF editorial only. 

Robert

• Upvote 5