Post your positive results here :)

Three figure direct sale this morning of a neighbourhood cat - taken just outside my back door :)

You should get him a treat

He already comes into our house (as does his sister - my cats significant other) and eats my cats food! Just paying his keep :)

Three figure direct sale this morning of a neighbourhood cat - taken just outside my back door :)

You should get him a treat

He already comes into our house (as does his sister - my cats significant other) and eats my cats food! Just paying his keep :)

I've got news for you . He's your cat.

Two $72.55 sales in yesterday to add to a $124.97 sale earlier in the month.  All direct so turning out to be a good month.  The icing on the cake was a shopping trip and browse of appropriate magazines - just on the off-chance that I'd have an image used.  Found 4.

I have my first sale of the year. BBC website but repeated on other websites. Not really worth waiting for was it?

Rights Managed Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 March 2017
End: 01 March 2022
One use in a single editorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom $ 6.18

Not a good idea to identify prices with customers as their competitors who pay more, may insist on paying less!

Three sales dropped in for me yesterday which cheered me up after a VERY stagnant prior two months.

Not a good idea to identify prices with customers as their competitors who pay more, may insist on paying less!

Three sales dropped in for me yesterday which cheered me up after a VERY stagnant prior two months.

Oops.  Fixed now.

Oops.  Fixed now.

In case you were wondering, yes, that was a pretty good price. I assume it was live news and not standard stock.

Oops.  Fixed now.

In case you were wondering, yes, that was a pretty good price. I assume it was live news and not standard stock.

Yes, it was live news. It's pleasing to know one of my crappy pictures got a good price!

if that's your good news, spare us your bad news!

Your street food & markets get my juices flowing. better luck with next sale.

Some of us have to start small and hopefully the only way is up. Hoping for better news soon!

Yes we all have to start somewhere- but the clue is in the title of the thread

Rounded off the month (I suspect) with a juicy $250 direct sale late on today. It's been a quiet period for sales overall, but a couple of decent 3 fig results means that I have above my normal rather humble average income - very canny.  :)

Not a massive amount, but nice to see a second and a third use of an image for a book. Original got $200, second use $100 about 4 months ago, and now a discounted $50 for a third use.  :)

I’m glad to say that I’m now officially a member of the “Alamy Sellers Club”. My first sale was reported yesterday for $48.88. Not much, but encouraging.

It was not Thin ice or Breaking the ice was it?

;-)

wim

That would be a perfect fit for a first sale, Wim, but it was actually an image I was not going to upload initially. It was taken a few years back with a Nikon D70s and a not very sharp lens. Technically, it is not a bad image, but I was not very hopeful it would sell. I hope Alamy keeps proving me wrong…

Finally my odometer changed over today!

After running backwards earlier this month, it went over the ton today.

It took about 12 years and it's gross -not net.

wim

Finally my odometer changed over today!

After running backwards earlier this month, it went over the ton today.

It took about 12 years and it's gross -not net.

wim

Very well deserved, Wim. Congratulations! On to the net target now, eh?!

Archived