Post your positive results here :)

Well, I've had my best ever run of sales over the past month, well over $200, including one of my Cape Town pics in Vogue  (other alamy pics used in article), so pleased with that! 

A sale dropped in this morning for $646 gross ( not a distributor sale!)

Usage: Advertising and promotion
Media: Outdoor display – billboard/transit ad
Industry sector: OTHER - 
Online Trading Site
Print run: up to 250
Image Size: 3/4 area
Start: 16 July 2017
End: 16 October 2017

An image I took in Morocco.

Anyone else anything similar??

Lets hope it goes throguh without any hitches!

Kumar

Thanks everybody -

I have to say that it was not an unusual image in any shape or form so it goes to show that anyone could suddenly have a decent sale come in, so keep going!

Kumar

On 7/3/2017 at 17:25, Doc said:

Thanks everybody -

I have to say that it was not an unusual image in any shape or form so it goes to show that anyone could suddenly have a decent sale come in, so keep going!

Kumar

Well done Doc, encouraging!

After a mediocre June, my July has started with a $156 direct sale, and, as is often the case with my sales, a nondescript image (taken from the top deck of a bus)!  I just can't work it out.....

On 3/7/2017 at 12:35, Doc said:

A sale dropped in this morning for $646 gross ( not a distributor sale!)

Anyone else anything similar??

Nothing anywhere close for me - my second ever sale was for $200, but your sale is amazing.  Well done!

I came back from holiday last week and discovered that I have made my first sale on Alamy! And this morning a second sale popped up! Not cleared yet but still very happy! Now processing my 6500+ photos from my US and Canada trip....

Astrid

Fingers crossed I got an email that one of my images is being considered for a 5-year exclusive book cover at a very nice price. Go Alamy - will let you all know if it works out. Very glad that I kept most of my images RM. Just got full calculator price on another image so feeling hopeful today.

41 minutes ago, Marianne said:

Fingers crossed I got an email that one of my images is being considered for a 5-year exclusive book cover at a very nice price. Go Alamy - will let you all know if it works out. Very glad that I kept most of my images RM. Just got full calculator price on another image so feeling hopeful today.

Good luck, Marianne - and well done on the calculator price. Now there's a rarity! 

I'm showing two images as sold today via download report of the same subject, a Mosquito aircraft, for $50 each. I'm thinking calendar as it's about the right time of year. Shots taken in 2013 in New Zealand shortly after it became the first of the type to fly for many decades, and then it was exported to the States so images of the aircraft are quite rare.

1 hour ago, Marianne said:

Same for me. I should know within 30 days whether it was chosen for a non-negotiable $950 book cover.

Betty

55 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Same for me. I should know within 30 days whether it was chosen for a non-negotiable $950 book cover.

Betty

Same here. Wonder how many more?

This was mine:

Colonnade, columns, of the Byron White U.S. Courthouse Denver Colorado Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals on Stout Street. - Stock Image

Last time in the end the requested image was used for a fee in the region of a UK newspaper.

wim

I had one too, a $950 exclusive cover, back this past winter but never heard another peep.  So I guess mine did not go thru. It was of a George Washington statue as a young man...even got a written release from the museum in which I shot it. :huh:

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Sounds a bit of a shot in the dark, doesn't it?

I'll start pulling off my forget me not (or is it a daisy?) petals now..."they want it, they want it not....

Betty

Well, hopefully they will. Good luck. I've never had one of these. It sounds as if I might be better off taking the profit from my latest Swedish distributor sale and buying a lottery ticket. Whoops! Looks like I won't have enough. ;)

Oddly enough that is about the figure I got for a trade book cover a few months ago. There was no query about exclusivity though they did ask if I could get a property release. I didn't get a release but we did put them in touch with the owners of the property who were happy about the usage. It wasn't exactly $950, price of perhaps a few packs of the amber nectar more. And it cleared quite quickly! Just checked; it was $989 which not a round dollar figure, but I could have sworn it was an American publisher. Of course, I will never know for sure.

Rather a long time since the last nice figure. They are getting rare.

A year or so ago, I received a request for exclusivity for an image, for quite a nice fee (about $350, from memory).  I was pleasantly surprised: it was an ok but fairly run-of-the-mill image of a church taken in Prague.  I was pleased when the sale went through and was reported, but it was almost immediately reversed.  It turned out that the client had transposed two of the letters in the image reference: it was not mine that they wanted at all, but rather an old sepia picture of American soldiers, maybe from the Civil War (my knowledge of old American military uniforms is not great) which was wanted for a calendar - hopes raised then dashed again fairly quickly!

Graham

Finally, after a couple of weeks drought. $199.99

Usage: Marketing package - Large business, Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for large companies with more than 10 people.
Start: 11 July 2017
End: 11 July 2022

Betty

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Finally, after a couple of weeks drought. $199.99

Usage: Marketing package - Large business, Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for large companies with more than 10 people.
Start: 11 July 2017
End: 11 July 2022

Betty

After all the bad news recently, Betty, that's good to hear. Congrats! 

Archived