Post your positive results here :)

6 hours ago, Kathy deWitt said:

Great to have work selected for the first instalment of the

$100,000 club!!  

http://www.alamy.com/blog/100000-club-one-alamys-top-earning-photographers

Thanks James & Alamy

Kathy deWitt

Really well done, Kathy - very pleased for you. :) I will ll be joining you - sadly it'll have to be in another life! :unsure:;):)

• Upvote 1

Great to see that Alamy got two images of mine into the The Times and The Telegraph today. The pics were of a world record attempt at building the tallest sandcastle in the world in Germany. TBH, this completely surprised me.

• Upvote 1

I checked for sales this AM and there was nothing new. I don't usually look again but I wanted to check something this evening and I discovered two new $100 sales. So nice. I just have to avoid the temptation to check every hour now. These were two shots uploaded in 2007 so another indication that old images can sell.

Paulette

• Upvote 3

i have just seen a $69.99 sale drop in. from a zoom last week. my take obvs half of that.

fingers crossed for 9 of my images zoomed a couple weeks ago (similar but cover a topic completely, so ideal for many uses) all sell! all 9 of mine zoomed, but less than 20 for the customer search in total.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

A nice $191 gross sale this morning. It's one I knew about already but am surprised at the amount I got. It's for a UK national newspaper print.

Geoff.

Excellent Geoff! - presumably that was for a live news item?

Kumar

1 minute ago, GS-Images said:

Thank you Kumar. Yes, it was Live News from a beach shot a couple of months ago.  :)

Hope you're having a great bank holiday,

Geoff.

Weather's great - what's not to like?

:)

Kumar

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 03:30, Octavio Campos Salles said:

Hi, first post here. Not sure if it's very positive but I'm getting better results every year, despite my small number of images, which is finally getting me a bit more interested in stock photography. Thing is, my type of photography is not much typical "stock" I imagine, and I only work with Rights Managed. Perhaps I should change to Royalty Free for the more common images? Not sure though...

My earnings so far this year are $1.137 gross.

enjoyed your images 

Just leased an image of a National Trust property, taken from a public road. It has sold before.

It gives me pleasure way beyond the monetary value of the sale, in fact it has made my day :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Just leased an image of a National Trust property, taken from a public road. It has sold before.

It gives me pleasure way beyond the monetary value of the sale, in fact it has made my day :)

Your secondary editorial has given me secondary pleasure. If that doesn't sound too weird! :huh:

On August 24th I had 4 sales, each at $100/50  (gross/net) for a total of $400/200.  Not a bad day by my standards.   All were birds -- two very common here and two uncommon but not rare.

The month started off with two sales for 149/74.50 and 175/87.50 so this will be a well above average month for me if no refunds show up.

Robert Shantz

• Upvote 1

Chuffed to see one of my pseudonyms with a total/average CTR of a massive 32.14 over the weekends search activity. Average on Alamy for the same period is 0.55. just waiting for sales from the 9 zooms. ;)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Webby said:

Chuffed to see one of my pseudonyms with a total/average CTR of a massive 32.14 over the weekends search activity. Average on Alamy for the same period is 0.55. just waiting for sales from the 9 zooms. ;)

Wow - what the h**k happened? Hope it stays high until re-rank. Good luck!

I had a sale come in today of an image that was zoomed a week ago. I usually don't see an immediate sale like that. I suspect it was in a lightbox for a while as it didn't seem like the sort of thing that would have been decided so quickly. Anyway, it was a nice price at just under $100.

Paulette

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Wow - what the h**k happened? Hope it stays high until re-rank. Good luck!

Thanks Martin.

Its a pretty small, unique pseudo languishing around page 19 at the moment. My other two main pseudo's are already on the first page. :)

Webby

• Like 1

I checked my phone this morning bleary eyed to see a near $100 sale fall in, had to double check on the computer with a cup of coffee. National non UK newspaper for 1 day which I will be keeping an eye out for.

I only uploaded the image a few weeks ago but it's probably the only one I can find on Alamy of it.

I will say this, processing photos certainly leads you round the Internet researching places/buildings/animals/birds but it's worth it for the tags and captions.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JamesH said:

I will say this, processing photos certainly leads you round the Internet researching places/buildings/animals/birds but it's worth it for the tags and captions.

Since joining Alamy a couple of years ago, my use of both Wikipedia and Google Maps has increased considerably!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Since joining Alamy a couple of years ago, my use of both Wikipedia and Google Maps has increased considerably!

Yes, I always seem to have a few wikipedia tabs open but I find it interesting researching and it usually leads to something else, either by related links or the 10w light bulb in my head turns on to photograph something I hadn't thought of.