MircoV

Post your positive results here :)

17 hours ago, Octavio Campos Salles said:

Hi, first post here. Not sure if it's very positive but I'm getting better results every year, despite my small number of images, which is finally getting me a bit more interested in stock photography. Thing is, my type of photography is not much typical "stock" I imagine, and I only work with Rights Managed. Perhaps I should change to Royalty Free for the more common images? Not sure though...

My earnings so far this year are $1.137 gross.

Wonderful images. You have some amazing jaguar shots. Keep up the good work! I don't really know much about RF. I have stuck with RM for my images too. I would suggest putting the scientific names of animals in the caption as well as the keywords. People do search by scientific names and I think having it in both places does help your position. Also I suggest putting both singular and plurals in your keywords. Someone looking for one jaguar might actually search using "jaguars".

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

10 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Wonderful images. You have some amazing jaguar shots. Keep up the good work! I don't really know much about RF. I have stuck with RM for my images too. I would suggest putting the scientific names of animals in the caption as well as the keywords. People do search by scientific names and I think having it in both places does help your position. Also I suggest putting both singular and plurals in your keywords. Someone looking for one jaguar might actually search using "jaguars".

Paulette

Thank you! Yes I do forget to use plurals. Need to go through my images to improve the keywording

3 hours ago, GS-Images said:

For the number of images you have, you're doing incredibly well. Looking at your portfolio, I can see why! You have some stunning images there. Keep doing what you're doing as you're certainly doing better than most of us for the number of photos you have.

RF and RM are pretty similar these days as the RM license often has RF-like terms. If I were you I'd use RM. Others may disagree and I'm no expert on which is really the best option. I tend to stick to RM mostly but have been trying RF on some, just to see if it makes a difference to sales.

Geoff.

Thank you! Yeah I'll just stick with RM. Never liked the idea of RF anyway.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Kathy deWitt said:

Great to have work selected for the first instalment of the

$100,000 club!!  

http://www.alamy.com/blog/100000-club-one-alamys-top-earning-photographers

Thanks James & Alamy

Kathy deWitt

Really well done, Kathy - very pleased for you. :) I will ll be joining you - sadly it'll have to be in another life! :unsure:;):)

• Upvote 1

Great to see that Alamy got two images of mine into the The Times and The Telegraph today. The pics were of a world record attempt at building the tallest sandcastle in the world in Germany. TBH, this completely surprised me.

• Upvote 1

I checked for sales this AM and there was nothing new. I don't usually look again but I wanted to check something this evening and I discovered two new $100 sales. So nice. I just have to avoid the temptation to check every hour now. These were two shots uploaded in 2007 so another indication that old images can sell.

Paulette

• Upvote 3

Just sold my firt $100+ image!! :D:D:D

A portrait... ehhehe... i always thought Editorial is not "portrait" but real time actions without looking at camera.

I forgot McCurry probably lol

• Upvote 1

i have just seen a $69.99 sale drop in. from a zoom last week. my take obvs half of that.

fingers crossed for 9 of my images zoomed a couple weeks ago (similar but cover a topic completely, so ideal for many uses) all sell! all 9 of mine zoomed, but less than 20 for the customer search in total.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

A nice $191 gross sale this morning. It's one I knew about already but am surprised at the amount I got. It's for a UK national newspaper print.

Geoff.

Excellent Geoff! - presumably that was for a live news item?

Kumar

1 minute ago, GS-Images said:

Thank you Kumar. Yes, it was Live News from a beach shot a couple of months ago.  :)

Hope you're having a great bank holiday,

Geoff.

Weather's great - what's not to like?

:)

Kumar

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 03:30, Octavio Campos Salles said:

Hi, first post here. Not sure if it's very positive but I'm getting better results every year, despite my small number of images, which is finally getting me a bit more interested in stock photography. Thing is, my type of photography is not much typical "stock" I imagine, and I only work with Rights Managed. Perhaps I should change to Royalty Free for the more common images? Not sure though...

My earnings so far this year are $1.137 gross.

enjoyed your images 

best ever month for me in terms of both gross and net income

average is also good - above $60 per sale

pleasing 

• Upvote 1

Just leased an image of a National Trust property, taken from a public road. It has sold before.

It gives me pleasure way beyond the monetary value of the sale, in fact it has made my day :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Just leased an image of a National Trust property, taken from a public road. It has sold before.

It gives me pleasure way beyond the monetary value of the sale, in fact it has made my day :)

Your secondary editorial has given me secondary pleasure. If that doesn't sound too weird! :huh:

On August 24th I had 4 sales, each at $100/50  (gross/net) for a total of $400/200.  Not a bad day by my standards.   All were birds -- two very common here and two uncommon but not rare.

The month started off with two sales for 149/74.50 and 175/87.50 so this will be a well above average month for me if no refunds show up.

Robert Shantz

• Upvote 1

A whole month without any PU sales! :)

Gen

• Like 2

Chuffed to see one of my pseudonyms with a total/average CTR of a massive 32.14 over the weekends search activity. Average on Alamy for the same period is 0.55. just waiting for sales from the 9 zooms. ;)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Webby said:

Chuffed to see one of my pseudonyms with a total/average CTR of a massive 32.14 over the weekends search activity. Average on Alamy for the same period is 0.55. just waiting for sales from the 9 zooms. ;)

Wow - what the h**k happened? Hope it stays high until re-rank. Good luck!

I had a sale come in today of an image that was zoomed a week ago. I usually don't see an immediate sale like that. I suspect it was in a lightbox for a while as it didn't seem like the sort of thing that would have been decided so quickly. Anyway, it was a nice price at just under $100.

Paulette

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Wow - what the h**k happened? Hope it stays high until re-rank. Good luck!

Thanks Martin.

Its a pretty small, unique pseudo languishing around page 19 at the moment. My other two main pseudo's are already on the first page. :)

Webby

• Like 1

Just had the 100th image sale for this year drop in.  It's been a good 4th year on Alamy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2