MircoV

Post your positive results here :)

4 sales dropped in today. Good prices as well, could be part of the new download package, (nothing mentioned in the licence).

Craig.

• Upvote 1

it's unusual to get 4 the same subject, same price. Multiple sales are normally bulk discount deals in my experience.

Craig.

Aaarghhhh!! Just sold the classic looking-at-camera-micro-style picture!!! FF87RB for $52

I've just finished to tell others not to shoot these kind of pics as they don't sell here! :)

Edited by KODAKovic

It's been a long time coming, but finally got a sale of $63 for a picture of a JCB 😁😁😁

• Like 1

2nd sale a few days ago, a dubious PU and judging from people here those may get refunded. Of all the places I've been and photographed in the world this one must have been the dullest photo I've uploaded, not even nice light!

Still, had a fantastic few days taking photos on the Kenyan coast which I was more mindful to shoot for stock, hopefully they sell.

3 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Just had a $76 book sale come through. Not the highest I've had for a book, but I'm still very happy with that. It's one I wrote to Alamy about a few days ago as I found it online, and I was waiting to hear back about it. So I'm guessing that's why it came through today, because they chased it up. So thanks Alamy if that's the case.  :)

Geoff.

Do we really need to chase these things up? If Alamy are taking 50% of everything shouldnt they be earning their money? 

Kevin

• Upvote 3

Yes, it's interesting how many report a few days after a nudge. Perhaps they dropped it down the back of the sofa.

Congratulations! That's very nice.

Do you know how long ago the photo was picked up by the book publishers?

I'd be interested to know how you tracked down the sale, if you wouldn't mind saying.

1 minute ago, Hellonearth said:

Do we really need to chase these things up? If Alamy are taking 50% of everything shouldnt they be earning their money? 

Kevin

If a self-reporting client doesn't, in fact, report, what is Alamy supposed to do?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My Pippa Middleton pictures just keep on giving - a sale of one yesterday for $241.  That's only my second 3 figure sale and it feels mighty fine! :D

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

My Pippa Middleton pictures just keep on giving - a sale of one yesterday for $241.  That's only my second 3 figure sale and it feels mighty fine! :D

Well seized opportunity.  Congratulations!

• Upvote 1

Just now, John Richmond said:

Well seized opportunity.  Congratulations!

Thanks very much!  I can't believe how much exposure these pictures have had - Nationals, magazines, front pages etc, but to be honest, I'm sick of seeing the pictures at this stage!

25 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Thanks very much!  I can't believe how much exposure these pictures have had - Nationals, magazines, front pages etc, but to be honest, I'm sick of seeing the pictures at this stage!

Count the money - you'll soon feel better. :)

• Upvote 1

Two distributor sales this morning have taken my gross earnings this year to just over my gross for last year.  Haven't exceeded the sales total yet - 84 so far in 2017 vs 97 for 2016 - but with nearly 5 months left it's definitely on course to be my most successful year since I joined Alamy in January 2014.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

No you're not ;)

• Upvote 1

I had two sales drop in today. One for $361.16 and one for $3.44 ... 

Edited by vpics
  • Upvote 1

I was beginning to worry that I was heading for a blank month. No fear! :rolleyes: One for $120 bounced in today. :D Hopefully no refunds.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Next best thing to marrying to her.  Well done!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, vpics said:

I had two sales drop in today. One for $361.16 and one for $3.44 ... 

While I've just had the $3.44 - close, but no cigar

11 hours ago, Colblimp said:

great photos, well done !

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

While I've just had the $3.44 - close, but no cigar

Oh, pants ... 

4 hours ago, Gabbro said:

4 hours ago, Gabbro said:

Thank you, although I wouldn't marry her for all the tea in China.  My gf is so much better than her - my gf is spectacular! 

3 hours ago, Ace said:

great photos, well done !

Thank you. 👍🏻