Post your positive results here :)

36 minutes ago, vicky allum said:

Congrats everyone on here that are making sales, i am still waiting for that magic moment to happen,but i quess i will have to upload more photos , and look up what is selling more ,hope everyone has a lovely day.

And look carefully at your captions and keywords Vicky Allum - Image KCTRH8 is  a case in point which I suspect has been captioned/keyworded in error!

Kind regards

Kumar (the Doc one) 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

And look carefully at your captions and keywords Vicky Allum - Image KCTRH8 is  a case in point which I suspect has been captioned/keyworded in error!

Kind regards

Kumar (the Doc one) 

Hi Kumar,I have made a mistake on that one,i forget to de select photo when adding tags,will have to upload it again,vicky

22 minutes ago, vicky allum said:

Hi Kumar,I have made a mistake on that one,i forget to de select photo when adding tags,will have to upload it again,vicky

You don't have to upload it again. You can change tags in the Image Manager, though it certainly isn't easy if you have a lot of tags.

Paulette

3 hours ago, vicky allum said:

As Paulette says, you dont need to upload it again - just delete the caption and tags in Alamy Image manager (AIM) and redo them. Unfortunately this is one of the irritations with the new AIM is that it is very easy to have more images selected than you think you have and therefore get captions and tags completely wrong   :(

Cheers

Kumar (the Doc one)

I’m thrilled with October. If I make no other sales this month, my statement stands.  This is already my best month ever as it is by several sales.  

The nice thing is nearly all of these images were zoomed. My zooms are healthy, not quite as good in October as previous months, but still good. 

Whats even better is that only two are lower value, $12-13. The rest are decent to really nice. I don’t know if I’m having my end of month “surge” early, or if....drum roll...it is yet to come! :D Be nice if it is yet to come!

Betty

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’m thrilled with October. If I make no other sales this month, my statement stands.  This is already my best month ever as it is by several sales.  

The nice thing is nearly all of these images were zoomed. My zooms are healthy, not quite as good in October as previous months, but still good. 

Whats even better is that only two are lower value, $12-13. The rest are decent to really nice. I don’t know if I’m having my end of month “surge” early, or if....drum roll...it is yet to come! :D Be nice if it is yet to come!

Betty

Congrats Betty. I'm on the opposite shore this month with my worst month in a long time, but hey this is the positive thread right? Still 6 days left. :)

27 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Congrats Betty. I'm on the opposite shore this month with my worst month in a long time, but hey this is the positive thread right? Still 6 days left. :)

I’ve been working very diligently on my legacy images, fixing tags and captions. In another thread, I mentioned I recently have had some old images zoomed, more than have ever been normally zoomed that close together.  Now I’m getting the sales ramping up. 

I’m not done fixing them all, yet, but I can’t help but believe straightening out the mess is paying off. I haven’t checked, but I might have only a year’s worth of image uploads to fix.

Having an iPad is great, because in the evenings I can do that busy work while comfortably sitting on my sofa with one eye on the television. With my back issues, I could never sit at the computer for that long, nor would I want to spend an hour or two at my desktop after dinner.

Betty

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’ve been working very diligently on my legacy images, fixing tags and captions. In another thread, I mentioned I recently have had some old images zoomed, more than have ever been normally zoomed that close together.  Now I’m getting the sales ramping up. 

I’m not done fixing them all, yet, but I can’t help but believe straightening out the mess is paying off. I haven’t checked, but I might have only a year’s worth of image uploads to fix.

Having an iPad is great, because in the evenings I can do that busy work while comfortably sitting on my sofa with one eye on the television. With my back issues, I could never sit at the computer for that long, nor would I want to spend an hour or two at my desktop after dinner.

Betty

I've not been so disciplined but I do re-keyword as I come across them. Still got a long way to go.

I'm now above last year's downloads and gross $$s. :)

That makes 2017 my highest downloads year ever with 9ish weeks to go (though several of these are unreported DM sales from previous years).

It would be very surprising if I topped  2013's $$ total though, that's a one-off spike on my chart - due to high RPD, rather than high download numbers.

My October should just beat September once the dust settles. I've just had a three figure amount drop in from The Times for an image which was in the printed and online editions, and which is more than I was expecting even for News. It's still early doors on this last day of the month too. There's still time for further treats to pop in.

Don't know how positive this is, - had a $580 sale on 6/11 which was refunded on 8/11 😟 - now had a different image sell for $390 on 10/11 - frankly I am not holding my breath! 

Reimar - I know how you felt last month!!

Kumar (the Doc one)

I am positive that I have had no sales for months. I am positive that the more work I upload, the more sales diminish. I am positive that I am finding it a waste of time submitting here. Sorry but that's how I feel :mellow:

46 minutes ago, Marb said:

I am positive that I have had no sales for months. I am positive that the more work I upload, the more sales diminish. I am positive that I am finding it a waste of time submitting here. Sorry but that's how I feel :mellow:

oh no don't lose the faith. You have some fabulous photos.

Perhaps a few are dark, as someone advised me recently about mine and I see now what looks too bright or overexposed to me

seems to be more acceptable! (Does anyone have a rule of thumb?)

Also my views and zooms have greatly improved since I was advised here to improve keywords using compound ones

so before I just had "child, eating, ice cream" now I've added "child eating" "eating icecream" etc

Also I've added 50 tags to some photos, some say no need but Im showing up on page 1,2,3 of results now

Elaine

15 minutes ago, efk11 said:

oh no don't lose the faith. You have some fabulous photos.

Perhaps a few are dark, as someone advised me recently about mine and I see now what looks too bright or overexposed to me

seems to be more acceptable! (Does anyone have a rule of thumb?)

Also my views and zooms have greatly improved since I was advised here to improve keywords using compound ones

so before I just had "child, eating, ice cream" now I've added "child eating" "eating icecream" etc

Also I've added 50 tags to some photos, some say no need but Im showing up on page 1,2,3 of results now

Elaine

Thanks Elaine, I have put a lot of effort into submitting more exclusive editorial images this year but it seems to have had a detrimental effect. Love your donkey images, they are adorable animals. usually sales increase on the run up to Christmas but not so it seems. It's hard to be positive and I feel I have made all the effort I can with keywording before it becomes spamming.

1 hour ago, Marb said:

I know exactly how you feel, it absolutely sucks.  Nothing wrong with your pictures, they're very sellable.  You've maybe got a handful of similars, but nothing majorly bad.  Keep the faith and keep doing what you're doing - the sales will come!

Archived