My best month ever.

Highest number of sales in any one month since joining Alamy.

Equalled last year's record annual number of sales and there are still 2 months to go.

Passed 3000 images on sale.

Alan

My first license sale! And probably unsurprisingly, not a shot that I thought would have any legs at all.

Congratulations! I particularly liked the image you put up in the "local photos" competition!

Kumar

My first license sale! And probably unsurprisingly, not a shot that I thought would have any legs at all.

Congratulations! I particularly liked the image you put up in the "local photos" competition!

Kumar

Thank you, pleased that you like to local photo!  And thanks to the others who've congratulated me.  Now I just need to get a few more shots up there and hopefully some others will surprise me and sell.

Mike.

Seems I'm not the only one to have the (joint) highest number of sales ever. Last month was the best for income in over a year. Things would appear to be looking up.

I have recently noticed a huge increase in returns on Google searches of Alamy images. This makes finding published pics a bit harder among the lists of links to Alamy, but that has got to be a good thing for sales.

Could there be a connection?

(Why does the Alamy spellcheker always underline 'Alamy'? There, it did it again...)

Gosh!  so different, agency to agency. In another huge RM-agency, 23, licenses AND mostly RM. Here, 1 license. back in the film days we used to say certain buyers will go to certain agencies, I'm sure that applies in the digital world as well.

Looking fairly positive all round for everyone so far.  Good news!

For me:

3 licenses= tie second bme

gross value= second bme

net value = second bme

Just falls down in terms of return per image:

average net per image = fitth bme

Archived