Looks like Alamy has been flushing out newspaper sales in October, so a total of 14 for me grossing $440 with one distributor. Not unhappy with this, but...

Worryingly a couple of textbook sales have come through at $80, whereas in days gone by they were typically bringing $160. Maybe older hands can comment on this?

Have to go back to July for any single licence more than $100.

My October was much the same as my September: three sales but for good prices. It seems the cheap people don't like my work. 

I'm curious that so many of you compare your sales with bygone years, since I assume the size of most collections gets larger as time goes by?

I ask this question from my regular cell at the QC Minimum Security Prison. Hey, it's cleaner than my flat . . . but the food could use an upgrade. 

:)

Worst month on record I think...I don't check much...it's no longer a pretty sight. Haven't added to her much in past few years and will be gradually existing stage right as and when.

14 for $583
average $42

Volume not a lot down from last year, but prices quite a bit lower.

All those having their BME however give me hope.

(More than all those images spotted, but not reported.)

wim

Only 2 other months this year have been worse for revenue but 4 have been worse for sales volume.  34 sales

Pearl

Still a good number Pearl. More importantly, I just had a look at your latest images and found you were here in Maidstone? I'm assuming you were lost....

A below average month for me with six new RM sales for about $364 gross. Also had three sales from September refunded and resold, one of them for substantially less than the original price.

On a more positive note, my 2014 sales topped 100 (103 to be exact) during October, which means that, with two months still to go, this could easily turn out to be my best year on Alamy. Currently, 2012 was my best year with 109 sales. Things took a dip in 2013 but seem to be bouncing back.

Looks like Alamy has been flushing out newspaper sales in October, so a total of 14 for me grossing $440 with one distributor. Not unhappy with this, but...

Worryingly a couple of textbook sales have come through at $80, whereas in days gone by they were typically bringing $160. Maybe older hands can comment on this?

Those higher textbook sales of yore definitely are fewer and farther between. Some it seems have been supplanted by lower IQ sales.

Two licensed images reported at $41 gross.

My best month was in February with 1,150 less images available for sale than I currently have online.

i76cr6.jpg

I've already written off this year (it has been a good year, but I've put in a TON more effort this year than in the past).  I've reached the 5,000 image threshold and have made it a goal to increase the portfolio size at Alamy to 7,500 by the end of 2015 with more topics I've not already hit on.

I am hoping for an epic 2015.

5 for $527, but one of those was refunded from an August textbook sale and repurchased for the same price in October.  I had one of those in September too.  It has me wondering what the purpose is behind refunding/repurchasing an image is.  Maybe a change in license terms?  The terms look identical as far as I can tell.

Only 2 other months this year have been worse for revenue but 4 have been worse for sales volume.  34 sales

Pearl

Still a good number Pearl. More importantly, I just had a look at your latest images and found you were here in Maidstone? I'm assuming you were lost....

My son lives in Ashford so not very lost. 

Pearl

This month felt sluggish when compared with the prior 3 months but I still managed to license an image, and for the fourth month in a row my Total CTR has equaled or bettered Alamy's.  I've had sales in 3 of the last four months, will get my first distribution this month and I finally feel like I'm in the game.  I guess I should finish keywording those images I uploaded last month but it's such a beautiful day I think I'll go out and take more pictures instead. :rolleyes:

Those higher textbook sales of yore definitely are fewer and farther between. Some it seems have been supplanted by lower IQ sales.

I had a 3-figure textbook sale about a month ago. The majority of my sales this year have been iQ, but two of those were the highest value sales I've had since July 2013.

Alan

Archived