Should I laugh or cry?

No new toys for Johnny, I'm afraid.

My guess is that the first (high) price was the calculator price. At least the client leased a second image (at the lower price, of course), and they weren't distributor sales. Still, it's worrying to see textbook sales going under the limbo stick.

I should really learn how to spell, though. Wish there was a way to edit post titles.

John, you must be feeling very annoyed with such a high then such a drop,  i am feeling sorry for you,  unfortunately we see this every now and then,  i believe in a sale when it is in the bank.

In compensation, Alamy should offer you a get out of jail free card for your next QC failure.

Hoping you have another good sale figure in the near future that stays.

Paul.

No new toys for Johnny, I'm afraid.

My guess is that the first (high) price was the calculator price. At least the client leased a second image (at the lower price, of course), and they weren't distributor sales. Still, it's worrying to see textbook sales going under the limbo stick.

I should really learn how to spell, though. Wish there was a way to edit post titles.

My sympathy but I guess you half-expected it to be refunded as it was so over the top.

BTW, you can edit thread titles - go to one of your (original?) post, selext Use Full Editor and then you will be able to edit the title.

John, you must be feeling very annoyed with such a high then such a drop,  i am feeling sorry for you,  unfortunately we see this every now and then,  i believe in a sale when it is in the bank.

In compensation, Alamy should offer you a get out of jail free card for your next QC failure.

Hoping you have another good sale figure in the near future that stays.

Paul.

It's not even safe when it's in the bank. I have had cleared and paid out sales refunded before now.

Andy

Bad spelling comes with frustration.

I'd've been depressed.

What looks too good to be true most likely is not true. But sales at these prices are seen, so, of course, we believe they are trustworthy.

I had a big sale some years ago (can't remember the amount) which was cleared and paid into my account about 6 months before it was fully refunded.  I was very annoyed and got onto MS about it but the refund still held. What was worse, it actually cost me £12 more than I had been paid because the exchange rate had changed.  I think that if Alamy wants to go against its own policy on refunds then they should take the hit, not the photographer.

Pearl

The sale and refund were both processed on the same day, so who knows what happened. I'm actually more concerned about the low price for the second sale than I am about the big refund. Textbook leases are -- or at least were -- one of the few decent sources of income left. 

I had a big sale some years ago (can't remember the amount) which was cleared and paid into my account about 6 months before it was fully refunded.  I was very annoyed and got onto MS about it but the refund still held. What was worse, it actually cost me £12 more than I had been paid because the exchange rate had changed.  I think that if Alamy wants to go against its own policy on refunds then they should take the hit, not the photographer.

Pearl

What if you had closed your account with Alamy after the big payment had cleared and you weren't a contributor anymore ?  would they chase you to get the payment back ?     That must have been so annoying. I was annoyed when I had a UK newspaper refund half the original licence fee !

I think in John's case I'd rather the licence/sale didn't appear at all !

Archived