Images sold in September 2023

3 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Also 5, mostly distributors though.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/DG00M4/metro-center-subway-station-washington-dc-people-tourists-waiting-DG00M4.jpg

Metro Center subway station DC.

France editorial. Lower mid or high lower $$ distro.

wim

edit: RX100 mk1 balanced on a trashcan btw.

Am I missing something Wim? How do you alight from the carriage? integrated steps maybe?

3 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

Am I missing something Wim? How do you alight from the carriage? integrated steps maybe?

No no this one is on the opposite tracks. And the camera is on a tall trash bin.

DC metro has a nice even entrance with very tight tolerances and a quite narrow gap.

Here's a good video about the system.

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Also 5, mostly distributors though.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/DG00M4/metro-center-subway-station-washington-dc-people-tourists-waiting-DG00M4.jpg

Metro Center subway station DC.

France editorial. Lower mid or high lower $$ distro.

wim

edit: RX100 mk1 balanced on a trashcan btw.

Spooky, I used the same trash can. Yours is much better processed than mine. 

BNTX4Y.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Like 1

Just below mid $$, distributor sale. I was watching the mantis and the damselfly landed nearby and the mantis pounced, and ate the damselfly alive.......starting with the eyes. Poor damselfly was thrashing about, to no avail.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 August 2023
End: 01 August 2028
KOREA,Book, print and/or e-book

praying-mantis-garden-mantid-orthodera-m

• Love 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cecile Marion said:

Wow! Must have been quite an experience for you, not to mention the poor damselfly. Wonderful photo!

Thanks Cecile, it was good to shoot, but sad to watch. Just part of natural life, but still sad. I got lots of photos as mantis was not moving and more interested in dinner than me. it just worked it's way down the body until it was all eaten.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, wiskerke said:

No no this one is on the opposite tracks. And the camera is on a tall trash bin.

DC metro has a nice even entrance with very tight tolerances and a quite narrow gap.

Here's a good video about the system.

wim

Ah makes sense, as a former transporter designer I'm more interested in train doors than I should be :) Cheers Wim

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

UK Magazine - $$

2F75HJA.jpg

In UK this is a golden plover (same name in Oz??), and, at this time of the year they can be seen in huge flocks on the east-coast migration routes. Last week I saw about 10,000 golden plovers in flight, all turning this way and that, as though they were possessed of one mind. Amazing sight...

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/2A4PX4H/new-orleans-greenwood-cemetery-with-fireman-and-elks-tomb-monuments-2A4PX4H.jpg

PU $$

New Orleans Greenwood Cemetery, with Firemen monument and tomb of the Order of Elks. BPOE means: Benevolent Protective Order of Elks. The clock face with its hands at 11 o'clock reminds all Elks to think of their absent brothers, whether in the land of the living or in the grand lodge above. So, if you're an Elk...

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

In UK this is a golden plover (same name in Oz??), and, at this time of the year they can be seen in huge flocks on the east-coast migration routes. Last week I saw about 10,000 golden plovers in flight, all turning this way and that, as though they were possessed of one mind. Amazing sight...

You are correct John, it's a Golden Plover. Being photographed at the Great Barrier Reef, this particular one is a Pacific Golden Plover (Pluvialis fulva).

I am currently camped in the wilderness by a pool at the bottom of a red bluff. It's bird photographers' paradise. What a joy to watch. You never know what is going to turn up. 

Tins of Heinz Baked Beans on a supermarket shelf in London, England, UK Stock Photo

Decent lower mid-range $$

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 14 September 2023
Duration: In perpetuity Standalone online use

The exterior of the Electric Cinema, Portobello Road, London, England, UK Stock Photo

Decent mid-range $$

Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 August 2023 (just reported)
Duration: In perpetuity France,Editorial website

The algorithm is gonna get you by Subdude, opposite Facebook's Rathbone Square HQ, London, England, UK Stock Photo

Decent mid-range $$

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 June 2023 (just reported)
Duration: In perpetuity Belgium,Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Edited by Jansos
  • Love 1
  • Like 2