Images sold in September 2023

We can complain but what about the Chimmney Sweep?

Roof tops in the City of Bath somerset england UK Stock Photo

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 15-September-2023 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;
   Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists.  Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

• Love 2
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

We can complain but what about the Chimmney Sweep?

Roof tops in the City of Bath somerset england UK Stock Photo

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 15-September-2023 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;
   Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists.  Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

I have to ask, since I’ve wondered about it for years. Why do most of those chimneys have pipes sticking out of them? Chimneys in the US don’t have those. Does it indicate a different pipe for each fireplace in a home?

35 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have to ask, since I’ve wondered about it for years. Why do most of those chimneys have pipes sticking out of them? Chimneys in the US don’t have those. Does it indicate a different pipe for each fireplace in a home?

More or less. There were very few rules when the Georgians were building Bath. Most rooms would have had a fireplace, a flue from a fireplace leading to a chimney pot may have served a couple or more fireplaces. 

Just looked at my parents old house built in 1910, that was 4 fireplaces and 4 chimney pots.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

For a pittance....not even $.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Placement: Any - print inside, electronic, online ;  Start: 15-September-2023 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;

Additional Details: Website and Social media, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity

Pier 39, San Francisco

attractions-on-pier-39-fishermans-wharf-

and this one for same details just in....

pier-43-ferry-arch-old-railroad-loading-

Edited by Webby
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

More or less. There were very few rules when the Georgians were building Bath. Most rooms would have had a fireplace, a flue from a fireplace leading to a chimney pot may have served a couple or more fireplaces. 

Just looked at my parents old house built in 1910, that was 4 fireplaces and 4 chimney pots.

Cheers.

Thanks, you scratched my itch! So the pipes are called chimney pots meeting in a chimney?

Hedgehog couple on motorcycle and sidecar, sculpture. Clapham, North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Hedgehog couple on motorcycle and sidecar, sculpture. Clapham, North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 15 September 2023
Duration: In perpetuity
$
  • Like 1

2HFD7KE.jpgFi

First this month for me, $70 rounded up a penny or two.

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a single magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide (excludes advertising).

I've checked the date taken, around ten years ago.   Was probably in my first portfolio for Alamy for a number of years. 

Edited by Rebecca Ore
photograph and what terms added, photo history
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rebecca Ore said:

I've checked the date taken, around ten years ago.   Was probably in my first portfolio for Alamy for a number of years. 

Also, more checking -- taken with a Panasonic GF1 under good light, so Micro 4/3rds are also capable little cameras.  

10 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

2HFD7KE.jpgFi

First this month for me, $70 rounded up a penny or two.

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a single magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide (excludes advertising).

¡Buen trabajo!

Selva Negra perhaps?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

¡Buen trabajo!

Selva Negra perhaps?

When I lived in my first rental, I went to my next door neighbors' country finca.   I rode up in doubled plastic chairs on the bed of their pickup.  Near Penas Blancas on the horizon.  More open land than Selva Negra.    Las Gemelas, if I'm remembering correctly.  Wife works for BAC and their daughter born the year I moved here.  Fred and Rosario, the adults, little Rosie the daughter.  Most egalitarian couple I've ever seen anywhere.   He worked at the finca about three days a week, took care of the daughter and did house work the rest of the time.   They had a good year sometime before I moved there and bought a pickup truck.  Amazing visit.  Fred's finca may be a keyword for all of them. 

I have some Selva Negra photos.  My favorite of them is the pair of Chinese Geese.   Their coffee didn't impress me.   My current landlord's coffee is one of the best espresso coffees I've had here.  He's set up a finca to coffee shop operation, and has had finalist coffees in the Cup of Excellence competition for Nicaraguan coffees.  I've sold my lights but I think I can work with the one flash I have and reflectors/diffusers. 

One of the photos I took at Fred's finca is of Penas Blancas cliffs and is on Wikimedia, so no point in having it here.

1 hour ago, Rebecca Ore said:

When I lived in my first rental, I went to my next door neighbors' country finca.   I rode up in doubled plastic chairs on the bed of their pickup.  Near Penas Blancas on the horizon.  More open land than Selva Negra.    Las Gemelas, if I'm remembering correctly.  Wife works for BAC and their daughter born the year I moved here.  Fred and Rosario, the adults, little Rosie the daughter.  Most egalitarian couple I've ever seen anywhere.   He worked at the finca about three days a week, took care of the daughter and did house work the rest of the time.   They had a good year sometime before I moved there and bought a pickup truck.  Amazing visit.  Fred's finca may be a keyword for all of them. 

I have some Selva Negra photos.  My favorite of them is the pair of Chinese Geese.   Their coffee didn't impress me.   My current landlord's coffee is one of the best espresso coffees I've had here.  He's set up a finca to coffee shop operation, and has had finalist coffees in the Cup of Excellence competition for Nicaraguan coffees.  I've sold my lights but I think I can work with the one flash I have and reflectors/diffusers. 

One of the photos I took at Fred's finca is of Penas Blancas cliffs and is on Wikimedia, so no point in having it here.

Interesting story. I only have a handful of Selva Negra images on Alamy. Several of them have done well, so I should probably add a few more. I don't recall what their coffee tasted like, but I do remember the geese, which seemed very out-of-place in the highlands of Nicaragua.

Edited by John Mitchell

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Absolutely chuffed!! Another $180 license this month for a shot I had great fun taking and was not sure what the market would be.

We drove at night from our lonesome nearby camp in the wilderness to light up corrugations with my torchlight, combining them with a night sky view complete with the Milky Way.

Book cover, Australia.

2AP8KJ4.jpg

Nice shot 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

Absolutely chuffed!! Another $180 license this month for a shot I had great fun taking and was not sure what the market would be.

We drove at night from our lonesome nearby camp in the wilderness to light up corrugations with my torchlight, combining them with a night sky view complete with the Milky Way.

Book cover, Australia.

2AP8KJ4.jpg

I never heard an explanation of how or why those corrugations built up. Washboard effect is how we called them in Canada back when we had lots of dusty back-roads.They rattled your teeth at the same time as your bottom