Images sold in May 2023

Two sales from Ørstedsparken, Copenhagen.  I took these 12 months ago and strangely enough I was back in the same park two weeks ago taking more.

Both mid $$

Usage: Commercial electronic, Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 26 May 2023
Duration: In perpetuity

rstedsparken-copenhagen-denmark-2J9WR11.

Usage: Commercial electronic, Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size

rstedsparken-copenhagen-denmark-2J9WR1H.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Low $$, direct sale, First time licenced.

Usage: Editorial, Use in a single article across e-newsletter, magazine, and/or editorial website
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 28 May 2023

pink-clownfish-amphiprion-perideraion-wi

• Love 3
  • Like 5

Barely $$

Usage: Corporate client. Editorial website use, Excludes advertising. Single design only. Repeat use within the terms of the license.
Industry sector: Government (local, regional, national)
End: 26 May 2033

Taken in 2011. Long game.

st-marys-church-monken-hadley-hertfordshire-england-C5YJ6X.jpg
  • Love 1

I’ll be keeping an eye out for this one. 

Licensed for 1/4 the normal PU price.

RM

How can it be for personal use, but used across all media?

Country: France ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: All media ;  Start: 29-May-2023 ; End: 29-May-2024 ; 
  Additional Details: Pack 100 Images personnal use. 

people-entering-the-baroque-front-of-the

• Love 1

On 5/25/2023 at 2:46 PM, John Mitchell said:

Natural gas certainly is much cleaner than coal, especially when it comes to electricity generation. All this gets very complicated. For instance, if you drive an electric car here in BC, it's fairly "clean" as most of our electricity comes from hydroelectric power stations. However, if you own an electric car in neighbouring Alberta, you are probably burning coal because most of their electricity comes from coal-fired plants.

in Brazil natural gas is used a lot, it loses a lot of space in the car.
It is cheaper, but the conversion from gasoline to gas is very expensive and maintenance is also expensive, it only pays off for those who drive many kilometers (or miles) a day.
He has already heard several cases of explosions at gas stations.

Media: Website, app and social media - $1.32

$1.32 reward for taking the risk of photographing this very nasty spider. You don't want to be bitten by it. White-tailed Spider in my living room.

GMM4GT.jpg

Australia Media: Website, app and social media - $$

KJAXWK.jpg

• Love 3

46 minutes ago, gvallee said:

$1.32 reward for taking the risk of photographing this very nasty spider. You don't want to be bitten by it. White-tailed Spider in my living room.

GMM4GT.jpg

KJAXWK.jpg

Very interesting trees. You can keep your spider! 😁

• Love 1

2M45166.jpg

Low $$, Marrett River, Cape York Peninsula, Australia. Another one of those snaps out the window of a commercial airliner while on my way somewhere else, that turns out to be of a fascinating place. Marrett River Language (Urratjingu) is an extinct Aboriginal language that was mysteriously extremely different to the other language/culture groups in the region. Kind of like Basque in Europe.

Also a guy recently got eaten by a croc in the vicinity so, I guess that could be the reason for the sale. 

• Love 1

Also this one for mid $$. Kangaroo leg bones that have been split to get the marrow out, evidence for Aboriginal occupation of lava tube caves at Undara, Queensland, Australia.

B429CT.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Very interesting trees. You can keep your spider! 😁

I just found where the spider shot was used. It was to illustrate an article about a woman who was bitten by this species and needed her leg amputated... They usually wander in pairs. I caught this one in my sitting room but never found its friend. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Eddie Stobart HGV. M6 Motorway, northbound. Shap, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Eddie Stobart HGV. M6 Motorway, northbound. Shap, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 30 May 2023
End: 30 May 2025
  • Like 1

From the NYPost used in January, had to chase. Daily Mail owe me two as well.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Start: 30-May-2023 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;

Taken in 2012* after the Pub became infamous for rumours of Prince Harry's underage drinking. Used to illustrate a classy article about further royal shenanigans.

*Long game.

sherston-wiltshire-CFEHR5.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

I just found where the spider shot was used. It was to illustrate an article about a woman who was bitten by this species and needed her leg amputated... They usually wander in pairs. I caught this one in my sitting room but never found its friend. 

Yesterday my son and I were some yard work and he felt a sharp bite or sting of some sort when he stuck his hand into some cut brush.  I told him that if we lived in Australia, we would have to go get him checked out.😃 I think it was just a rose thorn that snagged him.

5 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Yesterday my son and I were some yard work and he felt a sharp bite or sting of some sort when he stuck his hand into some cut brush.  I told him that if we lived in Australia, we would have to go get him checked out.😃 I think it was just a rose thorn that snagged him.

You have to be careful about snakes, spiders and other nasties around logs. Tomorrow we're going to go and get some cut brush for our campfire and will bear this in mind. Mind you, knowing me, I'm sure I will still wear my sandals, can't be bothered to dig out my closed shoes from the depths of the cupboard. 

I believe if I thought there might be a second nasty spider in my premises, I’d have to burn the place down.
I remember my spidey sense going off once & waking me up to feel little legs crawling on the side of my neck. I slapped it & it squished. I leapt from my bed with my eyes bugging out I’m sure.

Lights on, scrubbing little legs off my hands & neck, bedding ripped off, yada, yada.

$

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Newspaper - national ;  Print run: up to 2 million ;  Placement: Inside and online ;  Start: 25-April-2023 ; End: 26-April-2023 ;
   Additional Details: Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

archive-image-of-sir-francis-graham-smith-frs-fras-then-astronomer-FYB7K8.jpg
  • Like 1

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use only in publications printed by React News/Green Street Advisors UK and published on associated digital and social media platforms.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic. Zoomed with "helsinki residential" search. Not much $.

residential-buildings-in-merihaka-distri

My daughter lives in one of those cozy concrete buildings. So, I've got tons of images of the district from different angles. This is probably the worst, but maybe they were looking for "authentic" look.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2023 at 10:19, Jose Decio Molaro said:

in Brazil natural gas is used a lot, it loses a lot of space in the car.
It is cheaper, but the conversion from gasoline to gas is very expensive and maintenance is also expensive, it only pays off for those who drive many kilometers (or miles) a day.
He has already heard several cases of explosions at gas stations.

Yes, natural gas can be very scary. Every once in awhile a building blows up in Canada, where natural gas is used a lot for central heating.

Edited by John Mitchell

18 hours ago, gvallee said:

GMM4GT.jpg

Yikes! Don't pet that thing, Gen. I had one of those Brazilian bird-eating spider dope on of a tree and hit my head. I thought it was a coconut. 

18 hours ago, gvallee said:

Edited by Ed Rooney

I can't seem to quote and comment. I said . . . 

Yikes! Don't pet that thing, Gen. I had one of those bird-eating spiders in Brazil drop out of a tree and hit my head. I thought it was a coconut. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 2