Images sold in May 2023

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

The Wherry, a cove on the north sea coast $38 and $4.80 not sure if the double sale is a good or bad thing, refund alert !

the-wherry-whitburn-tyne-and-wear-englan

Two $38s and a $4.80 for me too with same image, I was expecting refunds on the bigger ones, but as others say above hopefully calendar sales

Edited by StokeCreative
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Believe it or not, there was a movement 20-25 years ago to power cars with natural gas. My husband worked for a natural gas company & he had a tank installed in the trunk of his company car. It was cheaper than gasoline & produced no or little emissions. Downside was the room the tanks took because usually the vehicle still had a gasoline tank, & public fear of explosions, which I never heard of, even during collisions. Then, like now, finding somewhere to refuel. Hubs refueled on gas co. property, but there would be issues of public fuel stations like there has been with EVs. People don’t enjoy a big hassle just to refuel when to some, time is everything after a long day at work or on the road.

Of course, now the movement is to do away with fossil fuels of all kinds.

And yes, more harm might be done to the earth acquiring materials to make lithium batteries than most people have an inkling of. It could be a case of being careful what you wish for.

Like you, there are smart people who you would think could come up with better solutions than what’s out there now.

Natural gas certainly is much cleaner than coal, especially when it comes to electricity generation. All this gets very complicated. For instance, if you drive an electric car here in BC, it's fairly "clean" as most of our electricity comes from hydroelectric power stations. However, if you own an electric car in neighbouring Alberta, you are probably burning coal because most of their electricity comes from coal-fired plants.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Those were both good Italian restaurants. 

Street crime was not a big problem when I left Lower Manhattan 5 years ago. Now it's a problem everywhere. I had a nut grab me on the street two Sundays ago. 

Oh no. The crime here used to make sense. Mugging for money. Now it’s being punched for no reason. I’m afraid of the subway in a way I wasn’t before. Don’t want to be thrown on the tracks. So I pretty much only take buses. Good people outnumber the bad but the bad have a big impact. 

Paulette

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Oh no. The crime here used to make sense. Mugging for money. Now it’s being punched for no reason. I’m afraid of the subway in a way I wasn’t before. Don’t want to be thrown on the tracks. So I pretty much only take buses. Good people outnumber the bad but the bad have a big impact. 

Paulette

That’s always the case, Paulette. And we oldsters have to realize that we are the perfect targets. I colored my hair up until Covid began. While I wasn’t as strong & healthy as I once was, I appeared to be. Now that I am silver-headed, I think I’m more of a visual target. Many crooks look for the easy target that they can overpower.

Where I am, I don’t see the dangerous people. Some of them congregate around a few downtown bars at night but I have no reason to be there or pass by.

Drive-by shootings are the thing here, but only in certain neighborhoods.

16 minutes ago, sooth said:

City smells like cigarette smoke and marijuana; and urine when it rains. You always have somebody walking in front of you with a cigarette and they are talking 2nd hand smoke. Dog poop everywhere since the pandemic. Anti Asian hate continues 

Yes, I'm aware that a number of the women who have been attacked were Asian. So awful.

Paulette

Low $, Distributor sale. 9th time licenced by Alamy, the 6th time so far this year. I opted out of the Russian Federation in April, so hopefully not too many more of these low ones to come from that distributor.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 March 2023
Russian Federation,Magazine - print, digital and electronic

peacock-mantis-shrimp-odontodactylus-scy

• Love 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

Yes, I'm aware that a number of the women who have been attacked were Asian. So awful.

Paulette

NYC isn't alone. There is also plenty of violence aimed at Asian people in Metro Vancouver, which has a very large Asian population. Random attacks on people of all ethnicities and ages have also been on the rise here, especially on public transit. I think that being cooped up during the pandemic had a negative effect on a lot of people's psyches. In addition, these are stressful times, what with the war in Ukraine, inflation, endless political strife, etc.

6 hours ago, cbimages said:

peacock-mantis-shrimp-odontodactylus-scy

Your underwater images are really beautiful cbimages. The colours are fantastic. I never got to Indonesia. I had a couple of weeks in the Sudanese Red Sea when I was still a beginner in underwater photography, none of them are on Alamy. All my underwater pics are from the North Sea, or nearby, and all from slides. They just don't compare. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Mid $$ for Aberdeen's Borg Cube

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Calendar
Print run: up to 20,000
Start: 25 May 2023
End: 25 May 2024
Includes thumbnail use on the back page

2C4JBXG.jpg

Edited by AlanC
Re-insert image!
  • Like 2

Kirkstall Abbey. Abbey Road, Leeds, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Kirkstall Abbey. Abbey Road, Leeds, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Calendar
Print run: up to 20,000
Start: 25 May 2023
End: 25 May 2024
Includes thumbnail use on the back page
  • Like 1

Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only; Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing

saxophone-player-with-microphone-at-the- 

Edited by Rico
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Roy Waller said:

Your underwater images are really beautiful cbimages. The colours are fantastic. I never got to Indonesia. I had a couple of weeks in the Sudanese Red Sea when I was still a beginner in underwater photography, none of them are on Alamy. All my underwater pics are from the North Sea, or nearby, and all from slides. They just don't compare. 

Thanks so much for your kind comments Roy. Hopefully, one day, you can get to Indonesia. And for macro stuff, to Tulamben in Bali. It's really very cheap to stay/eat and dive there. It's what keeps me going, in spite of stage 4 cancer.......I have told doctors I will dive for as long as I can breathe! And my hubby will turn 83 shortly, and he's still doing up to 2 hour dives as well!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cbimages said:

Thanks so much for your kind comments Roy. Hopefully, one day, you can get to Indonesia. And for macro stuff, to Tulamben in Bali. It's really very cheap to stay/eat and dive there. It's what keeps me going, in spite of stage 4 cancer.......I have told doctors I will dive for as long as I can breathe! And my hubby will turn 83 shortly, and he's still doing up to 2 hour dives as well!

It's great to hear that you are still enjoying your diving despite everything. It's the passion that keeps us going, and you sound to have bags of it.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a couple of sales from last week when I was away on holiday.

This pic of Farnham Castle sold for 3 calendars, 2 x $38 and 1 x $4.8.

farnham-castle-with-daffodils-in-spring-

This butterfly photo sold for low/mid $$ - used in British Widlife magazine.

brimstone-butterfly-gonepteryx-rhamni-pe

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Blockbuster Video sign. Central Drive, Morecambe, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

Blockbuster Video sign. Central Drive, Morecambe, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial, For Editorial use on the customers website, app and social media platforms (excludes advertising)
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 27 May 2023
Duration: Unlimited

• Like 1